The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NikolaT
This is awesome. I really love universities who do stuff like this - all the uni's I'm applying to have some sort of 'Languages For All' program, and/or a dedicated Foreign Language Centre that offers language training for free. I plan to pick up a couple languages to beginner's level and maybe Spanish to intermediate while I'm at uni. :biggrin:

I didn't know that. That's amazing. I'm going to become fluent in German then!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
I'm going to apply for the integrated child nursing course (MNurSci) which is 4 years but you get a masters degree out of it so that's good

The requirements are AAB minimum and I do AS chemistry, biology, psychology and maths at the moment

Results day is looming and I'm quite worried to be honest

There are only 16 places on the course :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Bump!

Enter your details on university connect! so we can see who else is applying for the same courses, or at the same universities.

Good way to make future friends and talk to students already on the course.

I'll be applying for chemistry with a year in industry me thinks
I'm applying for economics with the hope of doing a few optional language modules :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I'm applying for economics with the hope of doing a few optional language modules :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Languages? Languages? :awesome:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Languages? Languages? :awesome:

Yup I'll need to keep my chinese up :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by snikutsmullac
Oh, well as long as you're not out in dark alleyways at 3 in the morning, can't be that bad surely? There must be decent security in student accommodation?

Before it becomes an issue, Nottingham Is no worse for crime than other big cities - better than some. Son was there for 4 years and loved every minute. He never had a crime problem either when he was in halls or in private rented accommodation.
When the time comes to move out of halls, you might look at Beeston rather then Lenton. Less studenty and very close to uni.
Yup I'll need to keep my chinese up :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh indeed.

I don't know what to try :ahee:
Ooh indeed.

I don't know what to try :ahee:

Do any of your other uni choices offer language options too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of your other uni choices offer language options too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure they do! And all have a dedicated language centre of sorts I'm sure :biggrin:
I'm pretty sure they do! And all have a dedicated language centre of sorts I'm sure :biggrin:

Ah that's good, I pretty much narrowed down my choices by looking to see which ones I could do chinese modules with haha, it was a speedy way of doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's good, I pretty much narrowed down my choices by looking to see which ones I could do chinese modules with haha, it was a speedy way of doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many others?
How many others?

Tbh there are relatively few that offer chinese past ab initio like 8-10 unis maybe? So that helped me filter through unis pretty quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I'm applying to Computer Science this year:smile:
I was going to apply for Law but there is no way I am getting A*AA grades so I'm applying for history and politics. even though I didn't get an A in history... hmmnn
Original post by jasmine1234567
I was going to apply for Law but there is no way I am getting A*AA grades so I'm applying for history and politics. even though I didn't get an A in history... hmmnn

I know the feeling. After getting my AS-Level results, A*AA seems slightly out of my grasp.
I'll probably be applying for Modern Languages (French and beginners' Spanish) with translation :smile:
Maybe also simply French and beginners' Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am joining for this year for Economics with French.

Best of luck.
Politics and French woooo
Original post by PatBateman
I am joining for this year for Economics with French.

Best of luck.

Yep good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending