The Student Room Group

I nw weight 13 stone, any ways to help me?

I only want to be 10st 6lbs!

I am thinking of 4 24hr famines each week? Safe?

Scroll to see replies

stop being red. that will help
Can't tell if serious!
Original post by fairnotfair
stop being red. that will help

lmao

OP, just calculate your TDEE and consume 200-500 calories fewer. Most calculators will give you an estimate of how long it will take to lose x amount of weight.

Doing weird fasting diets will make you feel awful and is just unsustainable.
You're not fat you're curvy
Eat less exercise more! I would recommend cardiovascular exercises. :biggrin:
Reply 6
work out obviously and stop eating so much.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I only want to be 10st 6lbs!

I am thinking of 4 24hr famines each week? Safe?

Do juice and smoothie fasts. Incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies into your diet and step off the processed foods.
calorie deficit

/thread
Original post by KittyRe-play
Eat less exercise more! I would recommend cardiovascular exercises. :biggrin:

I already do 30 minutes walking each day. I cant run because I get out of breath too easily. Walking is the limit.
Original post by Greg Jackson
calorie deficit

/thread

I drink 2L Pepsi per day and eat a lot of white bread. They are things I can try to cut out, but I am only going down to 1.5 of Pepsi because I am addicted to it. I cannot abandon it altogether.
I drink 2L Pepsi per day and eat a lot of white bread. They are things I can try to cut out, but I am only going down to 1.5 of Pepsi because I am addicted to it. I cannot abandon it altogether.

u need to figure out your tdee: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

then eat 500 cals less per day to lose 1 lb a week, 1000 cals less to lose 2 lb etc, btw I would never waste calories on soda when in a caloric deficit since it's not satiating at all and it will just make you hungry as fuark when in a hypocaloric state, hell giving up the pepsi altogether is probably nearly 1000 cals alone and all you need to be losing weight at a consistent rate
Eat less junk food and eat less in general, perhaps try drinking a cup of water before each meal (that normally will make you quite full already) and do more exercise. Try to do 30 minutes a day - even if you're walking and not running, just walk at a fast pace and then gradually doing more as you go along :tongue:
Original post by Magnesium
Eat less junk food and eat less in general, perhaps try drinking a cup of water before each meal (that normally will make you quite full already) and do more exercise. Try to do 30 minutes a day - even if you're walking and not running, just walk at a fast pace and then gradually doing more as you go along :tongue:

Good idea about the water. How much water is safe to drink each day? 2 pints?

Pepsi Max.
Reply 15
Reduce your calorie intake to around 1500 per day.

Do some cardiovascular exercise about 3-4 times a week.

Drink Diet Pepsi, and less of it; the amount of sugar in Pepsi is source of many hidden calories. You could be getting about 800 calories from a 2l bottle of regular Pepsi

Within 3 months, you'll be where you want to be. If you keep exercising, you can probably increase your calorie intake to about 2000

If you want to change you're body, you need to change your lifestyle. Going on fad diets or starving yourself is not going to keep the weight of long-term. In fact, if you starve yourself, as soon as you start eating normally again, the weight just piles back on. You body is prudent: if it thinks it is going to starve, it will build fat reserves. Change your lifestyle following these guidelines and you will get results.
Original post by keromedic
Pepsi Max.

It is Pepsi Max already. Sorry I should have said. :colondollar:
Good idea about the water. How much water is safe to drink each day? 2 pints?

Around 2 litres would suffice. Not very sure how much 2 pints is sorry, but i suggest instead of reaching for the next snack, you drink a bottle of water instead as your body may just be thirsty. Between each meal I would drink atleast one 500ml bottle and then a cup or 2 after I've woken up and before i go to sleep. I believe that surpasses 2 litres easily.

Substitute fizzy drinks and the like for water.

Ooh alright. I'm similarly addicted to diet coke :smile:.

I would have thought 13 stone is fine?

pepsi max is essentially calorie free drink as much as you want

Quick Reply

Latest