The Student Room Group

I nw weight 13 stone, any ways to help me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greg Jackson
pepsi max is essentially calorie free drink as much as you want

No. I am sure it is eroding my organs and teeth. As well as giving me moobs and love handles.
Original post by keromedic
Ooh alright. I'm similarly addicted to diet coke :smile:.

I would have thought 13 stone is fine?

Not for me it's not. I want a body like Tom Daley.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

I wouldn't have thought he was an aesthetic ideal.
I drink 2L Pepsi per day and eat a lot of white bread. They are things I can try to cut out, but I am only going down to 1.5 of Pepsi because I am addicted to it. I cannot abandon it altogether.

Wow, do you realise how bad that is for you? If it's not Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max, you will have consumed so much sugar. You might get diabetes from it.

Even if it is Pepsi Max or Diet Pepsi, the sweeteners added into them are very bad for you. 2 litres everyday? And sweeteners can make you crave sugar.

Try drinking water instead. It's much better for you.
I would listen to lots of weight loss hypnosis mp3s on iPhone when you relax and when you are out and about or sat at home and change your mindset about food and then slowly cut out crappy food from diet. For example, ditch the cakes biscuits, sweets and then dump the pasta, rice, bread anything white and disgusting.

If it helps think of cake a piece of lard and imagine it making you fat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slimming World!

Original post by Greg Jackson
pepsi max is essentially calorie free drink as much as you want

Nooo have water instead, yeah it's calorie free but it's brown water...you must think there's something gross in that? So many additives and rubbish in it
Become vegan, trust.
drink lots of water to keep full
Reply 28
5:2 diet. Did it last summer, lost a stone within a few weeks and managed to keep it off without particularly watching what I eat. Highly recommended.
Reply 29
I only want to be 10st 6lbs!

I am thinking of 4 24hr famines each week? Safe?

3 square meals a day with an hours training each day

Simple
Original post by Toriar
5:2 diet. Did it last summer, lost a stone within a few weeks and managed to keep it off without particularly watching what I eat. Highly recommended.

What is the 5:2 diet?
Reply 31
What is the 5:2 diet?

Basically eat as you would normally 5 days of the week and then pick 2 days of the week where you will eat only 500 calories (I think it may be 600 calories for men but 100 isn't gonna make much of a difference).
Reply 32

Oh and by dropping to 10st or whatever, you won't have a body like Tom Daley

He is an elite athlete who trains everyday to maintain very high standards.

The right exercise programme is needed if you want a good physique
Original post by zKlown
Oh and by dropping to 10st or whatever, you won't have a body like Tom Daley

He is an elite athlete who trains everyday to maintain very high standards.

The right exercise programme is needed if you want a good physique

All my Medium shirts and tees are now soooo tight it's embarrassing for me to leave the house. I have always had slight moobs, but now the love handles wobble as I walk. I notice people stare.

I need to get back to what I used to be before bullying at work took its toll and I began suffering depression.
All my Medium shirts and tees are now soooo tight it's embarrassing for me to leave the house. I have always had slight moobs, but now the love handles wobble as I walk. I notice people stare.

I need to get back to what I used to be before bullying at work took its toll and I began suffering depression.

u get bullied for put on weight?

strong colleagues
Reply 35

I think a lot of this goes beyond your weight tbh mate

I can't advise on any of this I've never experienced any of it.

As far as your weight goes, if you are really motivated to do something about it, you will.

I don't recommend any fad diets, they will not last. Be sensible with your eating and exercise at least 5 times a week to a point where you are sweating and out of breath.
Try what works for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already do 30 minutes walking each day. I cant run because I get out of breath too easily. Walking is the limit.

Well I have asthma and I still run so that is not an excuse...and if walking IS the limit then do a session lasting an hour followed by a minute of sprinting or in your case walking at a faster pace.
How can you live in Uxbridge if you're Brunel?

BRISTOL, BRO.
I already do 30 minutes walking each day. I cant run because I get out of breath too easily. Walking is the limit.

Are you pacing yourself properly when you run? If you're getting out of breath really quickly, slow down a little.

Have you tried cycling?

Quick Reply

Latest