Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Burkhart house anyone ?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by PromiseKim
I shall be chilling with you guys on occasion ;D I'm a bit of a "club-pub" type of person :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean bars? or that you like clubs and pubs
Eagerly waiting to know my accommodation, I know people have already found out its just there's nothing I can do I'm just excited Haha:biggrin:
I have heard of quite a few who didn't get thier first choice. IDK mind really as long as im not in Ashburne or Owens Park! I applied mid April so hopefully should get my choices
Is everyone gonna get the official union wristband?
Original post by SophieLaw_
I'm doing psychology

I'm also doing Psychology! Had any news about your accommodation?? :smile:
I want to switch from Business studies to International management, but I only got AAC instead of AAB do you think they would still let me switch once term starts?
Can we buy freshers wristbands on the day of our arrival (Sunday)? I don't want to get there and find out that no one else in my flat has got one... Any suggestions?
Original post by blueboa
Can we buy freshers wristbands on the day of our arrival (Sunday)? I don't want to get there and find out that no one else in my flat has got one... Any suggestions?

:yes: you can buy them from Squirrel's bar when you know what everyone else is doing.
Original post by krst02
:yes: you can buy them from Squirrel's bar when you know what everyone else is doing.

Thanks! Is that what you did? Is the last day to buy them Sunday?
Original post by blueboa
Thanks! Is that what you did? Is the last day to buy them Sunday?

It's what I plan on doing - I've just been reading what some of last year's freshers did, it makes more sense to wait :smile: I don't know what day they stop selling them but I presume they will be on sale before & throughout Freshers as they must have enough packs for everyone :dontknow: What halls are you staying in by the way? The packs from Squirrels bar are actually for Oak House (I thought I was replying to the oak house thread...it's early :tongue:) but they will sell packs at the SU too I think. It'll all be fine anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Hirsty3359
Oh really?
Where is the info?

:smile:

Here: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/welcomeweek
I also got an email from my school with the daytime programme.
Original post by marco14196
I do have a question for everyone. I missed by one grade my Biochem offer at Manchester( AAB and I got ABC, Bio was very close to an A so wasn't the issue at all but Chem I got the C which was the issue) but I have been offered and accepted the opportunity to do a Life Sciences foundation degree for a year before I can actually start my course. Being the case, will people who go to do the Foundation courses be welcome to go to Freshers Week, its been on my mind for the last few days just how exactly it works. Hopefully next year I can start my course proper, really excited and not at all bothered I have to spend an extra year at Uni

Foundation year students are treated the same as any other, it doesn't change anything except what you'll be studying.

Original post by Hirsty3359
Oh really?
Where is the info?

:smile:

Have a look at the SU's website for more information on what goes on during Welcome Week: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/

Original post by datguyjay
I want to switch from Business studies to International management, but I only got AAC instead of AAB do you think they would still let me switch once term starts?

The only way to find out is to ask.
GUYS I can't decide whether I should live in halls or not!! I currently live about 15 minutes away from the uni so I don't see the point but I reallllllyy don't want to miss out on the social aspect of uni :frown: Does anyone know whether I will actually miss out on a lot?? I need to make my decision quick :frown:
Original post by ammara_12
GUYS I can't decide whether I should live in halls or not!! I currently live about 15 minutes away from the uni so I don't see the point but I reallllllyy don't want to miss out on the social aspect of uni :frown: Does anyone know whether I will actually miss out on a lot?? I need to make my decision quick :frown:

You would be at a slight disadvantage if you decide to live at home, but there's no reason you should miss out on the social side of things. You'd just need to make sure you make the effort to make friends through societies and your course. If you're really worried about missing out, living in halls would definitely be the 'safest' option.
Any Canterbury court people? :biggrin:
Original post by zeb123
Burkhart house anyone ?

Me! Found another person, that makes 4 people on here so far that I've found who are staying in Burkhardt. Hi! :smile:
Reply 2135
Original post by ammara_12

I was in your position too but I'm gonna be coming from home :smile: you can still be social, you'll just need to get involved as much as possible (societies, things happening on welcome week, get in touch with people on your course through Facebook pages) so it's all good! :smile:
Oak house MA.1.23. Anyone? 😊
Are there any fancy dress events during freshers week? If so, what are the themes? :smile:
Original post by Ysondrae
Are there any fancy dress events during freshers week? If so, what are the themes? :smile:

Probably. Have a look at the Students' Union website for info on all the events going on during Welcome Week: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/
Hey, does anyone know if the financial help the uni provides is available to people that come through clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending