The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, well first of all I'm Melissa(self explanatory - can probably tell by my account name) and I'm 14 years old but I'm turning 15 in March.

I am taking 12 GCSE's which I am currently aware of, these are;

Edexcel GCSE; Maths, Additional Maths, Religious Education, History, Spanish, Business Studies and ICT.

AQA GCSE;Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

CIE (University of Cambridge); English Language IGCSE and English Literature IGCSE.

In terms of Sixth Form education, I hope to apply to numerous private/independent boarding colleges. At A - Level I would like to study; Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics and History.

In terms of career aspects I am pursuing work within the legal world as a Corporate/Banking Lawyer or in the banking world as an Investment Banker. I'm going to be completing work experience at the regional Eversheds Law Firm, Barclays Bank and at Slovak barristers in the upcoming year (June 2015). Consequently, I would love to study Law LLB (at Oxford, Kings College London, University College London, Durham, London School of Economics or Bristol) or Mathematics (at Cambridge, Imperial, Durham, Bath or Warwick).

I have many hobbies which includes reading, some of my favourites books are;

The Hunger Games Series
Harry Potter Series
The Divergent Series
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman.

Personally, I also watch many TV program's relating to Law such as; CSI:Miami, Law and Order, Suits and Criminal Minds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 10, that's cute
Original post by manchesterunited15
Year 10, that's cute

Manchester United, that's cute...

Here we go again. Are you going to do this every year now? :colonhash:

Original post by Vionar
My opinion is highly valued across the world I'll have you know! :tongue:

Whatever helps you sleep at night...
Original post by Mr...
:colonhash: I will troll you so hard :teehee:

Peasant. :unimpressed:
Original post by Mr...
It was all karmacrunch! :biggrin:

Original post by Black Rose
I'll rep the OP for her efforts :h:

Edit: Can't seem to rep as I've already done it quite recently..

Thank you :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone is younger than me (those who are actually in Year 10) :colone:

I think that I'll copy these into the OP as we go if you guys don't mind!

Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes

Personally, I also watch many TV program's relating to Law such as; CSI:Miami, Law and Order, Suits and Criminal Minds.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hola! Sorry for the wait but I hope you like it! :hugs:

Which Law & Order do you watch? I only like SVU and I also like Criminal Minds sometimes. :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by karmacrunch

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Why thank you, I do sleep very well :biggrin:
Everyone is younger than me (those who are actually in Year 10) :colone:

I think that I'll copy these into the OP as we go if you guys don't mind!

Hola! Sorry for the wait but I hope you like it! :hugs:

Which Law & Order do you watch? I only like SVU and I also like Criminal Minds sometimes. :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hola amigo! Yes, the wait was worth it!

I watch the UK version of Law and Order. Hopefully gay answered your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everybody and welcome to the new thread! We are finally in Year 10… :woo:

Firstly, I'm very sorry for the delay! :colondollar: On a better note we reached 100 pages on the last thread. We are... EPIC. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Secondly, everyone is welcome but don’t be rude (that includes lots of spamming) nor rude to other members please.

Thirdly, if you are in Year 10 (1999/2000) please feel free to join our group! All details are there. Here is the link-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2726

Some resources-

Spoiler

To break the ice…
- Introduce yourself!
- What subjects are you taking?
- What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11? (You don’t have to answer at all, nothing is probably concrete anyway as we’re only in Year 10 :biggrin:)
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- How do you feel about going into Year 10?
- (If you’d like) Favourite smiley?

My Reply-

Spoiler

Thank you
karmacrunch xx
PS. Please tell me if I have missed anything or if you want to suggest any ideas just quote me!

:grouphugs:

9 Members from the Year thread:

Hello I'm Paul and I like Physics and Chemistry. My interests are Condensed Matter Physics and Exponential Decay.

I think Phonons are really cool :smile:

In my spare time I read Science books and attempt to solve complex maths equations.
I don't do any sport as that is way too much effort :O

The subjects I am taking are Level 2 Further Additional Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Geology, English Language, English Literature, History, Engineering and R.S. I sat GCSE Maths in year 9

I want to do Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths at A-level
My favourite smiley is the ' crying with laughter one'
Original post by manchesterunited15
Year 10, that's cute
*sigh*
Original post by PaulHugh
Hello I'm Paul and I like Physics and Chemistry. My interests are Condensed Matter Physics and Exponential Decay.

I think Phonons are really cool :smile:

In my spare time I read Science books and attempt to solve complex maths equations.
I don't do any sport as that is way too much effort :O

The subjects I am taking are Level 2 Further Additional Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Geology, English Language, English Literature, History, Engineering and R.S. I sat GCSE Maths in year 9

I want to do Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths at A-level
My favourite smiley is the ' crying with laughter one'

Hi Paul! Welcome to :tsr:! Feel free to join the group if you wish-

I also like Chemistry but I'll admit that Biology probably comes next then Physics. I do like Physics though, I particularly like the topics on energy! Do phonons have anything to do with photons? :tongue:

There are lots of groups you can join e.g.
Here is the link to the Maths Society: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=136

What kind of equations? :smile:

Out of the subjects you're taking, I'm taking RS but I'm interested in Geology because I love geography.

Welcome again!

*sigh*

Ikr :rolleyes:

Original post by Mr...
:unimpressed:

:hand:
Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
Hola amigo! Yes, the wait was worth it!

I watch the UK version of Law and Order. Hopefully gay answered your question.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank goodness and you're welcome!

Ah okay and "Hopefully gay answered your questioned?" <- Sorry, what? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello, I'm Connor. I am taking English lit & lang, Maths, Additional Science, French, Economics, History, Art and Geography.

I enjoy film, tv (game of thrones, house of cards, breaking bad), drawing/designing things and geology.

My ambition is to become an Architect.
:cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Paul! Welcome to :tsr:! Feel free to join the group if you wish-

I also like Chemistry but I'll admit that Biology probably comes next then Physics. I do like Physics though, I particularly like the topics on energy! Do phonons have anything to do with photons? :tongue:

There are lots of groups you can join e.g.
Here is the link to the Maths Society: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=136

What kind of equations? :smile:

Out of the subjects you're taking, I'm taking RS but I'm interested in Geology because I love geography.

Welcome again!

Ikr :rolleyes:

:hand:

Thank goodness and you're welcome!

Ah okay and "Hopefully gay answered your questioned?" <- Sorry, what? :tongue:

A phonon is an excition of quantum matter and atomic matter leading to fixed vibrations and annihilations between particles in a solid. They are said to be 'quasiparticles' and perhaps particles of sound and so in that sense they are like photons :smile:

What parts of geology are you interested in? I like rocks and strata.

Thanks for the intro, I didn't know there were so many year 10 threads :biggrin:
x

Vionar
x

Original post by Mr...
x

Play wabble? :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
I can do it now. My laptop's battery is too low :cry2:

Can or can't? :tongue:
Reply 53
Play wabble? :tongue:

Ok, but I'm also doing French work so I might be a bit slow :tongue:
hiyaaaaa im megan and I'm going to be in year 10 in September :smile:

right so I actually dont know which GCSE's im taking in terms of boards and stuff bc my school is awful and doesnt tell us anything, but in terms of subjects im taking Maths, English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, French, Religious Education, Drama, History and Graphics!
My hobbies and interests include filmmaking (you can see my youtube channel here, even though i dont like any of my videos anymore and havent uploaded in three months youtube.com/meganissleeping), interior design and anything creative really :smile:

I'm really worried about year 10 as we've hardly been told anything so any help would be appreciated lol :clap2:
Original post by Vionar
Ok, but I'm also doing French work so I might be a bit slow :tongue:

Okay.. will wait a while to see if karma replies :tongue:

usycool1
x
Do you want to play wabble? :smile:

Maybe later tonight, a bit busy with stuff atm! :tongue:
Original post by Mr...

Mathematics (Edexcel), English Language (AQA), English Literature (AQA), English Language (AQA), Biology (AQA), Chemistry (AQA), Physics (AQA), French (AQA), Religious Studies (…), Statistics (…), Additional Mathematics (…), History (AQA), Geography (Edexcel)

Oh God Add Maths, hmmmm yeh I did add maths and I got a U, nuff said :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58

Ok :biggrin:

Original post by usycool1
Maybe later tonight, a bit busy with stuff atm! :tongue:

I hope you can play, I've heard good things about your wabble skills :lol: (but I'm rubbish :tongue:)
Original post by Vionar
Ok :biggrin:

I hope you can play, I've heard good things about your wabble skills :lol: (but I'm rubbish :tongue:)

Karma says in a little bit so you can finish you French homework :tongue:

Where did you hear this from? Usy? Nah, he's no where near good :lol: You're not rubbish, you did well :yep:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest