The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My name is Emily:smile:

I'm taking further additional science, English language, maths, geography(urgh!!), computing, ICT, and German. I have already sat exams for core science(last year, got an A), additional science, English lit and religious studies.

I am hoping to go to college to study Chemistry, Biology, Religion and either Computing or Psychology.

I dance and read a lot. I also have an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift.

I don't feel any different than I did going into previous years! Can't wait for college.
Original post by NathalieGW
That's true, you mustn't over do it. I did that in swimming last season and I gained quite a few injuries, which not only affected my swimming but also my tennis performances. Have you ever considered mountain biking?

I'm always revising, I just like to know where I am at and which areas I can improve on; so that I can perform to the best of my ability in the exams. You could call me a perfectionist, practice makes perfect :smile: I did have that issue when I first started my GCSEs but now I've come to a good balance between my sports training and revision.

Sometimes I over do it in training tbh
I do a little bit of mountain bike training on the winter I send a few weekends down at chilten hills mountain biking and front climbing sometimes bouldering to
I just do mountain biking to increase my quad and hamstring strength but I have considered racing I don't think good enough though

What's your balance between training and revision? I'm going to do myself a personal timetable. My main focus will be maths as I really want an A* in it
Original post by Mr...
:yep: We had it done this afternoon...

What's it like? Is it more popular there? I know it is in the year 12 thread :frown:
Original post by Archaeologist
Sometimes I over do it in training tbh
I do a little bit of mountain bike training on the winter I send a few weekends down at chilten hills mountain biking and front climbing sometimes bouldering to
I just do mountain biking to increase my quad and hamstring strength but I have considered racing I don't think good enough though

What's your balance between training and revision? I'm going to do myself a personal timetable. My main focus will be maths as I really want an A* in it

Well it seems like you've got quite a lot of potential in you sport. What's the Chilterns hills like? I've heard its beautiful up there. I say up as I am in London, so it's up for me and down for you XD

Well on Tuesdays and Thursdays I do swimming training from 5-8 on Mondays I have tennis training 6-9 and on Saturday mornings I have tennis training from 8-12 am, so I normally revise on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. I tend to do 20 hours a week.
Original post by Strom
Triple science, maths, stats, double english, compsci, music, german, geog
I'm expecting a stats result in september :smile:

That's cool! When you say double English do you mean English Lit and Lang? Oh, how do you think you've done? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it seems like you've got quite a lot of potential in you sport. What's the Chilterns hills like? I've heard its beautiful up there. I say up as I am in London, so it's up for me and down for you XD

Well on Tuesdays and Thursdays I do swimming training from 5-8 on Mondays I have tennis training 6-9 and on Saturday mornings I have tennis training from 8-12 am, so I normally revise on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. I tend to do 20 hours a week.

Haha it's quite a way down the M1 and on the M40 its Chilterns and not chilten right?

Yeah I love down there. There's some good hills like Haddington etc, climbing the dip on both bike and foot is a killer! The river Thames and wye provide gorgeous scenery, its a real privilege to go down there and I would recommend it to anyone who likes quiet British countryside.

I enjoy a good picnic after sessions, I would also reccomend camping if you don't fancy staying at the local bnbs the one near Leighton buzzard is decent though !

Cheers what grades are you looking at?
Original post by DustToDust
My name is Emily:smile:

I'm taking further additional science, English language, maths, geography(urgh!!), computing, ICT, and German. I have already sat exams for core science(last year, got an A), additional science, English lit and religious studies.

I am hoping to go to college to study Chemistry, Biology, Religion and either Computing or Psychology.

I dance and read a lot. I also have an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift.

I don't feel any different than I did going into previous years! Can't wait for college.

Hey Emily! Welcome to the thread! I'm Mary. We seem to be doing many of the same subjects ( I did Core Science last year too, Additional this year as well as Maths, Religious Studies and Ethics, English Digital Communications and French) Next year I'll be doing Further Additional Science, History, Music, ICT, Philosophy and Ethics and FSMQ. How did you find the Additional exams? I'm guessing you did AQA too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it's quite a way down the M1 and on the M40 its Chilterns and not chilten right?

Yeah I love down there. There's some good hills like Haddington etc, climbing the dip on both bike and foot is a killer! The river Thames and wye provide gorgeous scenery, its a real privilege to go down there and I would recommend it to anyone who likes quiet British countryside.

I enjoy a good picnic after sessions, I would also reccomend camping if you don't fancy staying at the local bnbs the one near Leighton buzzard is decent though !

Cheers what grades are you looking at?

It is spelt 'chiltern' yes. I would love to visit the Chilterns, I will have to persuade my family to spend a weekend there :smile: The river Thames you mean? The river Thames doesn't venture through the Chilterns. I do enjoy camping, I've camped at the lake district this year.

I am aiming for A*s in Core Science, Additional Science, Maths, Geography, English Literature, English language and P.E, A's in Art and R.E and and A in IGCSE French.

Edit: A C in art :smile:
Original post by Arithmeticae
Hey guys, I'm a year 11 (or is it 12 now :tongue:) and I like stalking other people's threads (:colone:) so feel free to ask if you want any help with anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question: when do you officially have to decide what a levels your going to do? Why do you have so many assemblies?
Are any of you getting your results this summer?
It is spelt 'chiltern' yes. I would love to visit the Chilterns, I will have to persuade my family to spend a weekend there :smile: The river Thames you mean? The river Thames doesn't venture through the Chilterns. I do enjoy camping, I've camped at the lake district this year.

I am aiming for A*s in Core Science, Additional Science, Maths, Geography, English Literature, English language and P.E, A's in Art and R.E and and A in IGCSE French.

Edit: A C in art :smile:

Well if you ever get the opportunity relish it

Those are outstanding grades. I am hoping for A*s in Maths, Tripple Science and Geography an A in Art B in Home economics and Astronomy and Distinction in B-tech Level 2 Food Tech C in French and D in Latin
Original post by JanitaTwain

I'm getting Astronomy results you?
I'm getting Astronomy results you?

I am year 10 but I'm getting GCSE maths

Yup :tongue: I'm getting Maths, Additional Science, French, Religious Studies and Ethics and English Digital Communications. Are you getting any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PaulHugh

You did maths this year too? How'd you find it?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Statistics. Hopefully got an A or A* depending on grade boundaries.

Getting AS French, Maths, Core Science and Business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157

I am getting my statistics, I'm not sure whether to go and collect it on results day or to just get it when I go back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PaulHugh

As in you will be in year 10 from September?
Original post by Marii101
You did maths this year too? How'd you find it?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, thought the first exam was hard but the latter quite easy. Think I got a mid A* did you do Maths?

Latest