The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_Ford
Nah.

Nah.

JW actually is much more naturally gifted. Ramey is the perfect example of a player becoming class by improving the mental side of his game, making the right runs, spacial awareness etc whereas JW is the opposite, but he has unbelievable technique and dribbling at his best.Ramsey would never have scored that goal vs Norwich for instance.

But obviously AR is the much much bette player now

Original post by JammyGit07
Didn't flamani do a decent stint as left back like 5 seasons ago for arsenal?

05/06 CL run, Flamini basically played everywhere sooner or later. He was immense at both LB and RB that year though yeah
(edited 9 years ago)
Liverpool win the award for most undeserved win of the Premier League, and I say that as a person who watched all 90 minutes of Arsenal yesterday.
Reply 3962
Original post by Zürich

I was confused for a bit there :colonhash:
Original post by Zürich
JW actually is much more naturally gifted. Ramey is the perfect example of a player becoming class by improving the mental side of his game, making the right runs, spacial awareness etc whereas JW is the opposite, but he has unbelievable technique and dribbling at his best.Ramsey would never have scored that goal vs Norwich for instance.

05/06 CL run, Flamini basically played everywhere sooner or later. He was immense at both LB and RB that year though yeah

Yes, and that is why Ramsey is better, because he is a lot more mentally strong. It's all about what happens on the pitch, on the day. Ramsey has proven himself, Jack has not. You can have all the talent in the world but if you are not performing then it becomes kind of redundant.
Reply 3964
Do Arsenal have a mental coach, actually?
Before Ramsey's injury he was as highly rated as JW.
Yes, and that is why Ramsey is better, because he is a lot more mentally strong. It's all about what happens on the pitch, on the day. Ramsey has proven himself, Jack has not. You can have all the talent in the world but if you are not performing then it becomes kind of redundant.

Agree 100%, just pointing out how talented JW is.

Ramsey is going right to the top, hopefully JW will follow. He's still young though, he has years to get it right.
Original post by Zürich

Ramsey is going right to the top, hopefully JW will follow. He's still young though, he has years to get it right.

Yep. true. He is going right to Real Madrid for £45 million.
Original post by barneystin

So is your mum.
Original post by Zürich
Agree 100%, just pointing out how talented JW is.

Yeah, Jack just needs to get rid of that petulant side of his game and not lose his head. On the evidence of yesterday (one game I know) he seems to have turned a corner in just getting on with the game. For a guy as young as him to show quite consistent good performances in the C.L. is really reassuring though.

In the end, I think our academy/youth finds will be how we (hopefully) have the world class squad depth to compete with the likes of Abu Dhabi FC and Chelski. Can't do it any other way, we lack the blank cheque to pay £30 odd million for squad players.
Looking good though, if the likes of Bellerin, Gnabry, Crowley and Zelalem step up then we will have quite some team. There have been really promising sounds coming from Hale End too which can only mean good things.

Wenger did heavily imply that he will not buy "good" players in the middle of their careers though. The players he would buy (according to a conference I can't remember the name of) are what he deems the world class category players , then the next category are the young players who have a lot of promise (e.g. Chambers). Obviously he may see a player like Kallstrom or Flamini which is a bargain stopgap for the team, but mainly he just buys based on two categories : world class or young and could be world class.
(edited 9 years ago)

You know what, if that happens it happens. Just hope we can win a few things before then, and then wish Aaron all the best in Spain. Think we'll get another 3 years out of him yet.

Yeah, Jack just needs to get rid of that petulant side of his game and not lose his head. On the evidence of yesterday (one game I know) he seems to have turned a corner in just getting on with the game. For a guy as young as him to show quite consistent good performances in the C.L. is really reassuring though.

In the end, I think our academy/youth finds will be how we (hopefully) have the world class squad depth to compete with the likes of Abu Dhabi FC and Chelski. Can't do it any other way, we lack the blank cheque to pay £30 odd million for squad players.
Looking good though, if the likes of Bellerin, Gnabry, Crowley and Zelalem step up then we will have quite some team. There have been really promising sounds coming from Hale End too which can only mean good things.

Wenger did heavily imply that he will not buy "good" players in the middle of their careers though. The players he would buy (according to a conference I can't remember the name of) are what he deems the world class category players , then the next category are the young players who have a lot of promise (e.g. Chambers). Obviously he may see a player like Kallstrom or Flamini which is a bargain stopgap for the team, but mainly he just buys based on two categories : world class or young and could be world class.

JW's best performances have come in the CL in recent years tbf. Bayern 2013 he was immense as well but few noticed and last season he impressed as well.

Bellerin looks a real prospect, can see him being our RB with Chambers at CB down the line. Gnabry will make it too but Zelalem is unlikely when you think about the odds.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
You know what, if that happens it happens. Just hope we can win a few things before then, and then wish Aaron all the best in Spain. Think we'll get another 3 years out of him yet.

JW's best performances have come in the CL in recent years tbf. Bayern 2013 he was immense as well but few noticed and last season he impressed as well.

Bellerin looks a real prospect, can see him being our RB with Chambers at CB down the line. Gnabry will make it too but Zelalem is unlikely when you think about the odds.

Kid needs some steak and protein shake. He looks like he can get blown over by the wind.
Reply 3972
Clichy at RB?

Leeeewwlllls

Looking good though, if the likes of Bellerin, Gnabry, Crowley and Zelalem step up then we will have quite some team.

And still no DMF:rolleyes:

will actually die if in 5 years we still have a world classs squad being held back by having no DMF.
And still no DMF:rolleyes:

will actually die if in 5 years we still have a world classs squad being held back by having no DMF.

By then I think we will just have to accept that Wenger does not do DMF's. If he is still here.
Original post by BenAssirati
Liverpool win the award for most undeserved win of the Premier League, and I say that as a person who watched all 90 minutes of Arsenal yesterday.

meh, as i'm sure many arsenal fans were saying yesterday "a win is a win".
i've been watching man united score last minute winners in the premier league long enough to know that football isn't fair.

in terms of performance we were both poor, but the difference is that southampton played a pretty good game in terms of attacking but palace didn't.

as long as one of united or liverpool drop points, i'd say it's a good weekend for arsenal fans (as long as you win too).
say what you want but (with respect) i think you're going for 3rd/4th place again this season - all you gotta do is stay ahead of either united or liverpool.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i've been watching man united score last minute winners in the premier league long enough to know that football isn't fair.

in terms of performance we were both poor, but the difference is that southampton played a pretty good game in terms of attacking but palace didn't.

as long as one of united or liverpool drop points, i'd say it's a good weekend for arsenal fans (as long as you win too).
say what you want but (with respect) i think you're going for 3rd/4th place again this season - all you gotta do is stay ahead of either united or liverpool.

Luke, you don't half pull some **** facade with the "nice guy Luke" image. Just another deceptive scouser aren't you?
Luke, you don't half pull some **** facade with the "nice guy Luke" image. Just another deceptive scouser aren't you?

I've only ever known one person called Luke. He wore glasses, and had black hair. Looked a bit like Harry Potter, so everyone called him Potter. He sat foundation papers in GCSE Science, Maths, and English, and took PE as a GCSE.

Now I'm not saying all Lukes are the same. Im #justsayin
Original post by Luke_Mckeown

To me a win is good, but it still hurts to see Arsenal, the team who consistently plays the best football in the league, win through a scruffy tap-in during injury time, especially with the performances of Wilshere and Cazorla yesterday.

Southampton may have played a better attacking game, but that is only because Palace were playing to defend (Southampton's defense really was quite poor today, Clyne made up for that pathetic show by being rather good going forward).

With respect, United aren't going to have a sniff at Champions League football this year, and if their performance yesterday is anything to go by, Europa League might be a stretch. Liverpool are going to be desperate, winning through terrible performances like this one and hoping to get 4th place.

To be honest, it's posts like this which was the reason why he developed a Luke defensive mechanism, he was always posting like this since he came into the TSR football scene but he was attacked and was actually bullied. He don't take no **** no more, Luke defensive mechanism activate !
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest