The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
Check the edit :frown:

Put ya laptop on charge :tongue:
Reply 61
Original post by Black Rose
Karma says in a little bit so you can finish you French homework :tongue:

Where did you here this from? Usy? Nah, he's no way near good :lol: You're not rubbish, you did well :yep:

My French homework will not be finished anytime soon, I have to create two presentations (one of which I need to order a magazine for), do two writing tasks, do a speaking task, and do a 45 question grammar test :tongue: So yeah, not going to be finished by September even, with my work rate :tongue:

I think we both know the truth :mmm: I did awfully :redface:
Original post by Vionar
My French homework will not be finished anytime soon, I have to create two presentations (one of which I need to order a magazine for), do two writing tasks, do a speaking task, and do a 45 question grammar test :tongue: So yeah, not going to be finished by September even, with my work rate :tongue:

I think we both know the truth :mmm: I did awfully :redface:

Ahh feel sorry for you :redface: Even worse than my essay that should have been handed in 2/3 weeks ago, still done nothing :frown:

You didn't!
Original post by Mr...
Hi Paul! I'm Mr...
Welcome to :tsr2: Year 10 thread! Anyway what are you up to? :curious:

Edit: karmacrunch beat me too it :dry:

Hey Mr. It feels weird saying Hey Mr :biggrin:

Like nothing. I'm literally just watching shows on my laptop, Family Guy, South Park, Breaking Bad and Sherlock :smile:

How about yourself?
Original post by Mr...
It is... I'll play in a bit :smile:

Okay, tell me when you're ready to play :yep:

Original post by PaulHugh
Hey Mr. It feels weird saying Hey Mr :biggrin:

I agree, we should have a nickname for you, Mr... :yep:
Reply 65
Ahh feel sorry for you :redface: Even worse than my essay that should have been handed in 2/3 weeks ago, still done nothing :frown:

You didn't!

So do I :tongue: Oh wow, you should get a move on :eek:

I so did :redface:
Original post by Vionar
So do I :tongue: Oh wow, you should get a move on :eek:

I so did :redface:

I don't know what to write though :bawling: I hate planning essays but the feeling after doing it and looking back at it is great :biggrin: Might get on with it now :sadnod: Ideally want to get it done before Wednesday!

You didn't :sigh:
Original post by PaulHugh
A phonon is an excition of quantum matter and atomic matter leading to fixed vibrations and annihilations between particles in a solid. They are said to be 'quasiparticles' and perhaps particles of sound and so in that sense they are like photons :smile:

What parts of geology are you interested in? I like rocks and strata.

Thanks for the intro, I didn't know there were so many year 10 threads :biggrin:

So a phonon is... a part of quantum and atomic matter which leads to fixed vibrations and annihilations (conversions of matter into energy) between the particles in a solid? <- Sorry I had to change it to understand it, what's quantum matter? Also, if what I've 'para-phrased' it correctly, how does it lead to that? :tongue:

I like bits of volcanology... pretty self-explanatory. ^_^ Do you like geography as well? If you do, I assume you prefer physical geography? :smile:

You're welcome and I agree, there are a lot. I'm going to have to search for all the others soon to put them on the group!

Original post by Mr...
s]Edit: karmacrunch beat me too it :dry:

But of course. :u::

Original post by meganissleeping
hiyaaaaa im megan and I'm going to be in year 10 in September :smile:

right so I actually dont know which GCSE's im taking in terms of boards and stuff bc my school is awful and doesnt tell us anything, but in terms of subjects im taking Maths, English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, French, Religious Education, Drama, History and Graphics!
My hobbies and interests include filmmaking (you can see my youtube channel here, even though i dont like any of my videos anymore and havent uploaded in three months youtube.com/meganissleeping), interior design and anything creative really :smile:

I'm really worried about year 10 as we've hardly been told anything so any help would be appreciated lol :clap2:

Hi Megan, I'm karmacrunch and welcome to TSR! Out of the subjects you're taking I'm doing RS. I'm still going to learn French though.
I know that quite a few are doing History so just ask a question and a lot of people should be able to help. DaisyTwilight is doing Graphics so I'm sure you too will be able to help each other.

Welcome again and I'll be sure to look at your YouTube channel! Ask if you have any Qs and look at the threads in the group because there is a lot of advice there. :biggrin:
I have a beauty and fashion blog, would you guys mind checking it out? :smile:
Original post by ConnorRed
Hello, I'm Connor. I am taking English lit & lang, Maths, Additional Science, French, Economics, History, Art and Geography.

I enjoy film, tv (game of thrones, house of cards, breaking bad), drawing/designing things and geology.

My ambition is to become an Architect.
:cool:

Hi Connor! Welcome again! I'm taking Geography too, do you know which board you're on? Paul likes geology too and he's taking it for GCSE. Ask if you have any Qs! :smile:

Architecture is such a amazing line of work. Some buildings you see are incredible. :moon:
Original post by Vionar
Why thank you, I do sleep very well :biggrin:

Good then. Let the lies consume you. :colonhash:
Original post by Mr...
Thanks for the pep talk :K:

:rofl:
Original post by DaisyTwilight
I have a beauty and fashion blog, would you guys mind checking it out? :smile:

I can if you give me the link. :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
Family guy is ace :smile:

We can play in a few minutes! :jive:
What do you guys want to call me then :confused:

Original post by Mr...
Send us the link! :smile:
The link's on my profile under interests :smile:
Reply 71
I don't know what to write though :bawling: I hate planning essays but the feeling after doing it and looking back at it is great :biggrin: Might get on with it now :sadnod: Ideally want to get it done before Wednesday!

You didn't :sigh:

Well feel sorry for me, I have to be able to say whatever I want to write in French :tongue:
Dooooooo it :biggrin:

I did :tongue:

Original post by karmacrunch
Hi Connor! Welcome again! I'm taking Geography too, do you know which board you're on? Paul likes geology too and he's taking it for GCSE. Ask if you have any Qs! :smile:

Architecture is such a amazing line of work. Some buildings you see are incredible. :moon:

Good then. Let the lies consume you. :colonhash:

:rofl:

I can if you give me the link. :tongue:

Where is Connor number two? :redface:

The lies already have consumed me :biggrin:
Original post by Vionar
Where is Connor number two? :redface:

The lies already have consumed me :biggrin:

Sorry? Are there two Connors? :tongue:

Omg... You won't back down. :colonhash:
Original post by Mr...
We can play in a few minutes! :jive:
What do you guys want to call me then :confused:
I don't know :dontknow: Come up with some names?

How about a character from Percy Jackson or GoT that you like?

Original post by Vionar
Well feel sorry for me, I have to be able to say whatever I want to write in French :tongue:
Dooooooo it :biggrin:

I did :tongue:

Yess, have a rant? :puppyeyes: It'd make me feel better about this stupid essay :giggle:

I'm doing it :sadnod:
Reply 74
Original post by karmacrunch
Sorry? Are there two Connors? :tongue:

Omg... You won't back down. :colonhash:

There are indeed :mmm:

I never back down :h:
Reply 75
=
Yess, have a rant? :puppyeyes: It'd make me feel better about this stupid essay :giggle:

I'm doing it :sadnod:

You want me to have a rant? :tongue:

Yaaay :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
My friends call me "hoe" :rolleyes: because my initials are HO...

Another name :tongue:

Original post by Vionar
You want me to have a rant? :tongue:

Yaaay :biggrin:

Yes please :lol:
Original post by Mr...
Wabble now?

Waiting for Karma, then we'll play :h:
Original post by Mr...
Bob...

Why Bob, Bob? :tongue:
Reply 79