The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Archaeologist
As in you will be in year 10 from September?

Yeah I'm going in to year 10 rather
Original post by PaulHugh
Yeah I'm going in to year 10 rather

Which exam board were you on?
Its hard to believe that in may we leave school forever and off to college or 6th form
Original post by NathalieGW
Which exam board were you on?

AQA
I did, thought the first exam was hard but the latter quite easy. Think I got a mid A* did you do Maths?

I did Edexcel. Thought that both exams were ok but I don't want to jinx myself so I don't want to predict what I got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA

I did AQA unit one Maths this year

How did you find it?
I did AQA unit one Maths this year

How did you find it?

I thought I could have performed slightly better.

How about yourself? I hate the unit 1 content
I thought I could have performed slightly better.

How about yourself? I hate the unit 1 content

Unit one is the best :biggrin: I thought I did really well, good luck on your result :smile:
Well if you ever get the opportunity relish it

Those are outstanding grades. I am hoping for A*s in Maths, Tripple Science and Geography an A in Art B in Home economics and Astronomy and Distinction in B-tech Level 2 Food Tech C in French and D in Latin

Is it funny how I'm hoping to fail a subject?
Is it funny how I'm hoping to fail a subject?

Not really, I think you need to aim for an honest target. Try your best, a lot of people don't pass all their subjects
Original post by Marii101
That's cool! When you say double English do you mean English Lit and Lang? Oh, how do you think you've done? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah literature and language :smile:

I'm really hoping for an A*, but I found the exam hard so probably an A.
Original post by Martie08
Statistics. Hopefully got an A or A* depending on grade boundaries.

SAME!:biggrin: But i have to get my result in september : <
Original post by Strom
Yeah literature and language :smile:

I'm really hoping for an A*, but I found the exam hard so probably an A.

You've probably done better than you think! Let's just wait and see.:biggrin:
To be honest I sort of want to get this year over and done with so that I can do A-Levels :smile:
But at the same time I'll miss everyone :frown:
Life is so hard for us year 11ers!
Original post by Marii101
Hey Emily! Welcome to the thread! I'm Mary. We seem to be doing many of the same subjects ( I did Core Science last year too, Additional this year as well as Maths, Religious Studies and Ethics, English Digital Communications and French) Next year I'll be doing Further Additional Science, History, Music, ICT, Philosophy and Ethics and FSMQ. How did you find the Additional exams? I'm guessing you did AQA too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Yeah I did do AQA. I found biology quite hard but I think I did okay on chemistry and physics, how about you?
Original post by JanitaTwain
Are any of you getting your results this summer?

I'm getting additional science, English lit and religious studies.
Travelling is great, I love European countries My French is ok. I've been trying to learn Italian for my trip, which is next week. I find the Italian language a fascinating. The great thing is that a majority of the locals from the modern cities can speak good english, so it is quite easy to get help if you are struggling.

Have you started reading the game of thrones books?

From the year 10 thread, sorry for the late reply.

That's the benefit of speaking English, however because English is so useful, we aren't taught any language fluently from a young age, which makes things harder when learning a language at an older age.

I've only read a few chapters, I need to get back into reading it before the rush of work that will come later this year.
It feels weird calling myself a year 11, the past couple of years have gone really fast for me!
Did anyone else do the Edexcel Maths GCSE early?

And I can't believe we're almost year 11 guys! Seriously, where have the last 4 years gone? It seems so weird to be the oldest (apart from sixth form), finally....I'm quite excited to be honest, with prom and study leave and being able to have more freedom and stuff with teachers, I can't weight haha
Not really, I think you need to aim for an honest target. Try your best, a lot of people don't pass all their subjects

Yeah I don't really care about Latin any ah its so boring

Latest