Posted from TSR Mobile

The obsession :coma:
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Sr90 unbelievably bitter hahahahahahahahahahaha

Original post by manchesterunited15

Bitterness found over here too! :evilbanana::giggle::jiggy:
Reply 243
not sure if this has been mentioned coz I've been at the pub, but our choice of formation was peculiar today.

It was basically a 4-4-1-1 with Hendo right, Coutinho left and Sterling behind Sturridge (Coutinho and Sterling occasionally swapping). Obviously BR wanted Sterling in the middle so that he could get at their slow CB's (and it worked for the goal) but if that's the reason then I would have preferred the diamond with Lambert starting instead of Lucas. You could see when we switched to the diamond that our shape was much better and we were able to get at them a bit more (despite Lambert not really getting involved). I suppose maybe the reason is that Lambert probably isn't fit enough to start yet.

BR has said Markovic is back in training now, so hopefully he starts vs City and we can get Coutinho back into centre mid.

@Zerf Johnson only started over Enrique because he's not fit enough yet. That's been pretty clear during pre-season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Made in Tyrone
Bitterness found over here too! :evilbanana::giggle::jiggy:

strong understanding of bitterness
Only watched bits of the game.

Henderson's pass was world class, landed it on a sixpence for Raheem. Unreal composure with the finish, just trickled into the corner.
Reply 246
Original post by cBay
not sure if this has been mentioned coz I've been at the pub, but our choice of formation was peculiar today.

It was basically a 4-4-1-1 with Hendo right, Coutinho left and Sterling behind Sturridge (Coutinho and Sterling occasionally swapping). Obviously BR wanted Sterling in the middle so that he could get at their slow CB's (and it worked for the goal) but if that's the reason then I would have preferred the diamond with Lambert starting instead of Lucas. You could see when we switched to the diamond that our shape was much better and we were able to get at them a bit more (despite Lambert not really getting involved). I suppose maybe the reason is that Lambert probably isn't fit enough to start yet.

That's not how I saw it. I was pretty sure we played a 4-2-3-1 with Henderson right, coutinho middle and sterling left of the 3. I thought there was a bit of interchange but Sterling was predominantly right until Coutinho got subbed then he came central permanently
Reply 247

Nah obsession is singing about the only game Liverpool lost in 2014 in the league to give the title to your local rivals on on the opening home game of the season against Swansea.

Which you lost.
Original post by kuks
Nah obsession is singing about the only game Liverpool lost in 2014 in the league to give the title to your local rivals on on the opening home game of the season against Swansea.

Which you lost.

Yeah but that wasn't me was it :erm:
Reply 249
Yeah but that wasn't me was it :erm:

All the same to me :dontknow:
Reply 250
Original post by Stirlo
That's not how I saw it. I was pretty sure we played a 4-2-3-1 with Henderson right, coutinho middle and sterling left of the 3. I thought there was a bit of interchange but Sterling was predominantly right until Coutinho got subbed then he came central permanently

yea i found an average positions thingy and you're right: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829516/MatchReport

forgive me, I'm hungover and imagining things. I highly disapprove of 4-2-3-1 as a formation in general so don't get me started on that :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cBay
yea i found an average positions thingy and you're right: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829516/MatchReport

forgive me, I'm hungover and imagining things. I highly disapprove of 4-2-3-1 as a formation in general so don't get me started on that :P

Weird, I thought it was a 433 with Coutinho and Sterling on the wings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 252
Original post by kuks

Which you lost.

City didn't look too great either today, Aguero is going to be starting against us though. I see a high scoring game
Glad to get the three points today.

Lovren looked good, clearly wanted to prove himself in front of all the Southampton haters.
Just like any other formation, the 4-2-3-1 has it's benefits.

It's main drawbacks for us are that

a) leaves Sturridge dropping deeper and deeper
b) Gerrard and Lucas are far too **** and immobile together to cover the midfield between them
c) Our game is built on isolating our attackers one on one with their defenders. A 4-2-3-1 only withdraws our goalscoring widemen from the attack and hurts us going forwards
d) I don't think we currently have enough goals in our three to be successful at that formation anyway

Mainly b) though, Gerrard and Lucas are a dog**** midfield pairing and I told you all this for LONG periods last calendar year. No ****ing surprise that since we changed to the 4-3-3 we started battering everyone off the park. This was a performance reminiscent of two past ones, our midfield inadequacies under Rodgers in 2013 and our 'slow' start to the season last year. It's been commented that we condition our players to get to peak fitness around the Christmas period, so that they don't burn out too quickly (I don't think I've worded that perfectly) and it clearly showed today with some of the sluggishness.
I was very impressed by Skrtel and Lovren today. They have the potential to form one of the best CB partnerships in the league. They read the game so well.

Brendan Rodgers has also signed a very good player in Alberto Moreno. He impressed me last season at Sevilla.

Because of all this, I think you could have the second/third best defence in the league (Chelsea will have the best by a mile). You shouldn't need to score as many goals as last season. I think SAS can handle the bulk of the goals required. I'm also a big fan of Henderson. That pass to Sterling was delicious today.

This is the best Liverpool squad in a long time.

Rodgers is an excellent manager tbh.
Anyone got a league table for 2014 calendar year?
Original post by Manchester United
I was very impressed by Skrtel and Lovren today. They have the potential to form one of the best CB partnerships in the league. They read the game so well.

Brendan Rodgers has also signed a very good player in Alberto Moreno. He impressed me last season at Sevilla.

Because of all this, I think you could have the second/third best defence in the league (Chelsea will have the best by a mile). You shouldn't need to score as many goals as last season. I think SAS can handle the bulk of the goals required. I'm also a big fan of Henderson. That pass to Sterling was delicious today.

This is the best Liverpool squad in a long time.

Rodgers is an excellent manager tbh.

Who's finishing top four?
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Who's finishing top four?

Manchester City and Chelsea.
Reply 259
Original post by CB91
Anyone got a league table for 2014 calendar year?

all i know is we're top of it

Quick Reply

Latest