The Student Room Group

Remarks

How much are AS AQA remarks?
Reply 2
Original post by emilyjaaayne
How much are AS AQA remarks?

AQA charges £38.10. You get your money back if the grade changes.
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
AQA charges £38.10. You get your money back if the grade changes.

You're the best person i can ask this..
I need 16 UMS (8 raw marks) for my chem grade to go from B to A.. I am going have both my A2 papers remarked( f324 and f325) ..I was really really confident that i did really well in both the exams and I even cross checked my answers with the unofficial mark scheme here on TSR, And grade boundaries made me very confident that my performance might actually earn me an A* if not a very high A, but it turned out to be a shocking B.. Now I am not sure if your school/college does Ocr chemistry, but in your experience and based on what I just said above, What chance do u think I would have, And what is the max increase you have seen for chemistry papers?
Sorrry for so many questions, But u are a really good source and i hope u would be able to help..

Original post by Saad2012
I need 16 UMS (8 raw marks) for my chem grade to go from B to A.. I am going have both my A2 papers remarked( f324 and f325) ..I was really really confident that i did really well in both the exams and I even cross checked my answers with the unofficial mark scheme here on TSR, And grade boundaries made me very confident that my performance might actually earn me an A* if not a very high A, but it turned out to be a shocking B.. Now I am not sure if your school/college does Ocr chemistry, but in your experience and based on what I just said above, What chance do u think I would have, And what is the max increase you have seen for chemistry papers?
Sorrry for so many questions, But u are a really good source and i hope u would be able to help..

How do you know the ums to raw mark conversion?:redface:
Reply 5
Umm you can work that out by simple maths..But it is difficult to explain..
As long as you know the grade boundaries and your achieved ums ..You should be able to convert it
Umm you can work that out by simple maths..But it is difficult to explain..
As long as you know the grade boundaries and your achieved ums ..You should be able to convert it

yeah I have a rough idea of them now
Reply 7

We don't do OCR Chemistry, but I'm afraid I wouldn't rate your chances very highly. The max change I've seen on an A level Chemistry paper is about 2 raw marks. We do do OCR Biology and they go down on re-marks almost as often as they go up. Sorry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Compost
We don't do OCR Chemistry, but I'm afraid I wouldn't rate your chances very highly. The max change I've seen on an A level Chemistry paper is about 2 raw marks. We do do OCR Biology and they do down on re-marks almost as often as they go up. Sorry.

I'm 2 UMS of a B overall in AS Psych on an AQA paper, can't decide whether or not to remark

Quick Reply

Latest