The Student Room Group

Apartheid at my sixth form

There are two basketball hoops on the boulevard, one facing the east and one facing the west. I've noticed that the whites will always play on the one facing the east, even if no-one is playing on the other one, and vice-versa for the blacks. Just something i noticed.
Reply 1
So what? What is your point?
Reply 2
Cool story boet.
Reply 3
How old are they?
Original post by llys
How old are they?
16-18
Do you even know what apartheid is? Who would be inflicting these laws/rules on a basketball court? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Do you even know what apartheid is? Who would be inflicting these laws/rules on a basketball court? :lolwut:Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe it's an unspoken rule made by the students.
If it's voluntary how is it apartheid? It's like saying multiculturalism (as apposed to assimilation) is apartheid.
Original post by WhiteSouthAfrica
There are two basketball hoops on the boulevard, one facing the east and one facing the west. I've noticed that the whites will always play on the one facing the east, even if no-one is playing on the other one, and vice-versa for the blacks. Just something i noticed.

But I didn't notice that. I only noticed a troll-like animal dreaming and looking at the blacks and whites playing together. He was bored and apparently using TSR on his laptop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what if it is? If it's been mutually agreed between both parties then it's still not apartheid. It's not necessary a good thing but it's not exactly oppressive.
Reply 10
16-18

Yeah just saw "6th form". Yeah I actually think it is not that surprising (unfortunately) at 16+. People (of all persuasions) start to gravitate more towards people similar to them in looks and culture as they get older (I'd say maybe at around 14+ you start to notice segregation more and more). With that I mean that I think one can notice differences in segregation if you compare playgrounds of primary schools, secondary comprehensive schools and sixth forms, with more segregation in sixth forms. I am not sure why... Of course it could also be that in your 6th form it is gang-related etc but I think it may be more general than that.
(edited 9 years ago)

That =/= Apartheid. What kind of students would do that to themselves?? :lolwut:

Your username links to this as well.
I think you're trolling.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest