The Student Room Group

Need help as results

Hi, just received my as results I got B in maths B In product design C in chemistry and C In biology I'm only 2 marks of a B In chemistry is it worth getting it remarked and also is it still achievable to get AAB. Last question is A2 worth more percentage wise than AS towards the full a level.
Help would be much appreciated !!
Original post by Bryntee
Hi, just received my as results I got B in maths B In product design C in chemistry and C In biology I'm only 2 marks of a B In chemistry is it worth getting it remarked and also is it still achievable to get AAB. Last question is A2 worth more percentage wise than AS towards the full a level.

If you're only 2 marks off it sounds like a remark may be worthwhile - although your marks could go down instead of up. With BBCC I would say AAB is definitely achievable with some hard work! You'll probably be predicted AAB as well. Your AS section and A2 section are both worth 50% of the full A level.
Reply 2
Original post by Bryntee

It's arguable if it's worth getting remarked, on one hand it could go up and that's great but on the other hand it could go down which just means more work for next year. I would personally just resit it next year or leave it, since if you were 2 marks from a B this year that just means you would need to get 2 marks into a B overall next year to get a B.

And yes I definitely think it's possible for you to get AAB, I achieved BBBE in my AS and achieved AAB at the end of my A-levels!
Reply 3
Original post by LeFailFish
If you're only 2 marks off it sounds like a remark may be worthwhile - although your marks could go down instead of up. With BBCC I would say AAB is definitely achievable with some hard work! You'll probably be predicted AAB as well. Your AS section and A2 section are both worth 50% of the full A level.

Hi thanks for the reply, what sort of grades would I be looking at to achieve in my product design maths and chemistry to boost them up to AAB??
Reply 4
Original post by AlexJN
It's arguable if it's worth getting remarked, on one hand it could go up and that's great but on the other hand it could go down which just means more work for next year. I would personally just resit it next year or leave it, since if you were 2 marks from a B this year that just means you would need to get 2 marks into a B overall next year to get a B.

And yes I definitely think it's possible for you to get AAB, I achieved BBBE in my AS and achieved AAB at the end of my A-levels!

What sort of percentage In the three subjects would I have to get to boos them up a grade ??
thanks
Original post by Bryntee
Hi thanks for the reply, what sort of grades would I be looking at to achieve in my product design maths and chemistry to boost them up to AAB??

High A's or A*'s in your A2's for Product Design and Maths should get you A's from B's, depending on your current percentages. (Are they high B's or low B's?) In Chemistry, high B's might be enough and A's or A*'s would definitely get you there.
Reply 6
High A's or A*'s in your A2's for Product Design and Maths should get you A's from B's, depending on your current percentages. (Are they high B's or low B's?) In Chemistry, high B's might be enough and A's or A*'s would definitely get you there.

Not sure what the ums grade boundaries are I got 220 ums in aqa maths, 208 in aqa chemistry and 141 in edexcel product design. Don't suppose you know if they are high or not ??
Original post by Bryntee
Not sure what the ums grade boundaries are I got 220 ums in aqa maths, 208 in aqa chemistry and 141 in edexcel product design. Don't suppose you know if they are high or not ??

220 is 10 above the B-C boundary, 20 below the A-B boundary. 208 is 2 below the B-C boundary and 28 above the C-D boundary (you can pull that up no problem). I'm afraid I'm not certain about the boundaries for Product Design.
Reply 8
Original post by Bryntee
What sort of percentage In the three subjects would I have to get to boos them up a grade ??
thanks

Depends on how high into the grades you are, something to discuss with a teacher really as they will have a realistic expectation of what they expect you to be able to achieve based on your work in class and exam results :smile:
Reply 9
220 is 10 above the B-C boundary, 20 below the A-B boundary. 208 is 2 below the B-C boundary and 28 above the C-D boundary (you can pull that up no problem). I'm afraid I'm not certain about the boundaries for Product Design.

Okay just will have to work real hard :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest