The Student Room Group

OCR Additional Mathematics.

Removed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 19ACH98
Hi, so this year (Year 11), our top set maths class did the OCR FSMQ because we'd finished the GCSE and apparently couldn't progress onto AS until Year 12. But our teacher was terrible, and most will find out their results on Thursday for it. However, I have already found out the results of four people from my class of 32 (four of the smartest in the class as well) and they all got U grades! I'm panicking that I have too, and how bad would this look on a UCAS application?

if you get a U grade, then you don't have to put it on your application
since its not an actual GCSE or A-level, then you're not required to disclose it to unis
Original post by 19ACH98
That's awesome! But what if I get an E or something :/ Wow, is it possible that I'm hoping for a U now? aha

I looked into this further and apparently you have to declare all your grades which are E and above.
Btw if you get good gcse maths results and good AS Maths results, then unis won't care if you get a low grade in additional maths, especially seeing as how 25% of people who take FMSQ get a U, but then in A-level, a lot of them will get an A at a-level.
You also get UCAS points from doing the qualification
E= 7
D=10
C=13
B=17
A=20
Original post by 19ACH98
Thanks for looking into it and helping me :smile: Yeah I got an A* in GCSE and about 98.7% of the marks. Hopefully I can get a high AS level grade. Will universities not even care about the FSMQ for Medicine? What about Oxbridge do you think?

Well if you get an A/B at AS-level but a really low grade at FSMQ, then they'll know that you're good at maths and since its not an actual gcse, they won't pay much attention to it.

Quick Reply

Latest