The Student Room Group

Dodgy recording for my french listening GCSE paper?

After the listening exam for French (AQA), everyone complained about how the people speaking sounded muffled and therefore put us at a horrible situation when we were trying to work out what they were saying! We all told our french teacher, who is also head of MFL at my school, and she's written to AQA explaining. Will our grades be bumped up a bit?

It really matters to me as french is one of my AS Level choices :frown:

Edit: It's probably no fault of AQA's, more likely our school **** speakers :'(
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
There were also a lot of issues with exams in my school this year (AS level), under special considerations you are looking at somewhere between 1% and 5% increase in your mark on that paper depending on what they decide to give, unfortunately I only got Cs in two subjects and failed the other two so I'm resiting the year but any questions about AS and I'll be happy to help :smile: best of luck for your results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by alanis97
There were also a lot of issues with exams in my school this year (AS level), under special considerations you are looking at somewhere between 1% and 5% increase in your mark on that paper depending on what they decide to give, unfortunately I only got Cs in two subjects and failed the other two so I'm resiting the year but any questions about AS and I'll be happy to help :smile: best of luck for your results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, thank you :smile: I didn't realise until today that the listening makes up 20% of the final grade and not 30%, so I just hope the listening doesn't pull the whole grade down. Good luck for your re-sits and for your A2's :smile:
Reply 3
Ours was really muffled too and yes my language teacher said they were going to bump us up a bit to make up for it:smile: (I also did AQA) it's a bit annoying really, I think we would have preferred for the recording to be decent and then us get our grades on our own but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ella_M
Ours was really muffled too and yes my language teacher said they were going to bump us up a bit to make up for it:smile: (I also did AQA) it's a bit annoying really, I think we would have preferred for the recording to be decent and then us get our grades on our own but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, that's re-assuring :smile: yeah it was, no-one knew what to do as it says on the front of the paper not to ask questions during the test or whatever. You'd think the invigilators would recognise it and intervene though...

Quick Reply

Latest