The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Wimberry Apartments - Ranmoor

Anyone in the Wimberry apartments at Ranmoor? In G4?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
F4 here...
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I'm D6, does anyone know what the rooms are like? I didn't visit.
Reply 3
Me - i'm in B4 :smile:
Don't really know what Ranmoor's like - any advice/comment?
Flat E5 here!
Reply 7
Original post by geurae
Me - i'm in B4 :smile:

I'm in B4 too!
Original post by charlie'sbrain
Don't really know what Ranmoor's like - any advice/comment?

Well, people always refer to Ranmoor as being quiet compared to Endcliffe. This is true only because Ranmoor is smaller than Endcliffe and so naturally it isn't as loud. It's what you make of it, really. My flat last year was quiet and the flat next door was a "party flat". There's plenty of people doing stuff during freshers and at weekends.
Also, because it's smaller and a bit more closed in than Endcliffe I feel like it had more of a community feel.
So if you're looking for a party atmosphere you'll be able to find it and if you're looking for a more relaxed and quiet atmosphere it will come during term time when lectures start, everyone gets in the swing of things by then.

Original post by Minuscule Mort
I'm D6, does anyone know what the rooms are like? I didn't visit.

Rooms are just like the ones in Endcliffe. There's a virtual tour on the website. I'll try and find it.
edit;
http://www.accommodation.group.shef.ac.uk/tour04.html
here it is!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by waterlilyy
Rooms are just like the ones in Endcliffe. There's a virtual tour on the website. I'll try and find it.
edit;
http://www.accommodation.group.shef.ac.uk/tour04.html
here it is!

I see, thank you.
Reply 10
Original post by duperstar
I'm in B4 too!

yay! I haven't been very successful finding any other flatmates yet, although there is a new facebook group for wimberry (it has basically no members at the moment..but we might be able to find more flatmates soon!)
Original post by geurae
yay! I haven't been very successful finding any other flatmates yet, although there is a new facebook group for wimberry (it has basically no members at the moment..but we might be able to find more flatmates soon!)

Hopefully we'll find more of us because I haven't found anyone else either. Any idea how many of us are in the flat? I'm in room 1 so that hasn't helped me with working out how many we'll have
Reply 12
Original post by duperstar
Hopefully we'll find more of us because I haven't found anyone else either. Any idea how many of us are in the flat? I'm in room 1 so that hasn't helped me with working out how many we'll have

I read that more people will find out their accommodation soon so maybe not everyone has been allocated their flats yet. I'm in room 6 so there are probably between 6-10 of us! I'm not sure if it's a mixed flat either or single sex. I'm excited to find out who else is in our flat though :biggrin:
Reply 13
Anyone in C4, I have only found one person!
I am in G6 :smile:
hi I'm in flat B3, could you let me know what t's like please?
Original post by Lauraaa898
hi I'm in flat B3, could you let me know what t's like please?

Hi, I lived there two years ago, I'm assuming it hasn't changed much. It has 6 bedrooms (like all the Sheffield accommodation each bedroom has a big desk, wardrobe, shelving, single bed, ensuite with 'wet room' type shower). Kitchen is decently sized (though the island counter gets in the way), it's easiest to share cupboards but you should have at least one to yourself if you want. Living room is also a good size but the couch is kinda uncomfortable. There's a communal noticeboard and a living room table which we just put a TV on. Wimberry is a good block to be in as you're very close to the 'exit' which you use when walking into uni. It can get kinda loud, even though Ranmoor is the 'quiet village', I still found there was loud music coming from somewhere most nights.

EDIT: A general note for everybody in Sheffield accommodation. They do tell you this in the handbook, but I didn't read it lol. Do not leave your bathroom door open after having a shower!!!! Even with the windows open!!! The steam sets off the fire alarm, it happened to me and it was very embarrassing and you can also get charged for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluebeetle
Hi, I lived there two years ago, I'm assuming it hasn't changed much. It has 6 bedrooms (like all the Sheffield accommodation each bedroom has a big desk, wardrobe, shelving, single bed, ensuite with 'wet room' type shower). Kitchen is decently sized (though the island counter gets in the way), it's easiest to share cupboards but you should have at least one to yourself if you want. Living room is also a good size but the couch is kinda uncomfortable. There's a communal noticeboard and a living room table which we just put a TV on. Wimberry is a good block to be in as you're very close to the 'exit' which you use when walking into uni. It can get kinda loud, even though Ranmoor is the 'quiet village', I still found there was loud music coming from somewhere most nights.

EDIT: A general note for everybody in Sheffield accommodation. They do tell you this in the handbook, but I didn't read it lol. Do not leave your bathroom door open after having a shower!!!! Even with the windows open!!! The steam sets off the fire alarm, it happened to me and it was very embarrassing and you can also get charged for it.

Thank you for telling me that! Is it mixed sex or single sex? Also is the living room attached to the kitchen? Thanks again!:smile:
Original post by Lauraaa898
Thank you for telling me that! Is it mixed sex or single sex? Also is the living room attached to the kitchen? Thanks again!:smile:

I had a mixed sex group (half and half, which was a good mix) but I know people who ended up in single-sex groups without requesting it so it may vary.

The living room and kitchen are one big room, but the living room part is carpeted.

Hope you have a good time there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending