The Student Room Group

my boss cheated on his wife with me and I can't stop thinking about him

I've never felt so bad about myself in my life :frown: obviously not only do I feel absolutely horrendously guilty, I didn't even know it was possible to feel so empty and worthless... I can't believe myself.

I don't know how to justify it, because I can't, but basically it spiralled out of control really quickly. it went from innocent flirting/a bit of hugging to just sex so quickly. I split up with my boyfriend a few months ago and moved to a new city where I live alone away from my family and I've been so lonely and I guess I just let his attention get to my head and I just tried to ignore the fact that it was obviously just sex he was after and stupidly tried to replace my ex's intimacy with his but it's obviously completely different now I just feel so so terrible :frown: just feel so empty and worthless and so guilty. he's cheated on her before multiple times before me, but now he has done it with me too... and I feel like he's just lost interest in me entirely now, which he probably has now he's got what he wanted.

not to give any ages away but I'm still a teenager (just) and he's more than ten years older. I'm 100% prepared to be called every name under the sun and I know I deserve it but some advice too would be wonderful.... what can I do to get over him? :frown: how can I get over this?? how the hell do you move on from something like this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've never felt so bad about myself in my life :frown: obviously not only do I feel absolutely horrendously guilty, I didn't even know it was possible to feel so empty and worthless... I can't believe myself.

I don't know how to justify it, because I can't, but basically it spiralled out of control really quickly. it went from innocent flirting/a bit of hugging to just sex so quickly. I split up with my boyfriend a few months ago and moved to a new city where I live alone away from my family and I've been so lonely and I guess I just let his attention get to my head and I just tried to ignore the fact that it was obviously just sex he was after and stupidly tried to replace my ex's intimacy with his but it's obviously completely different now I just feel so so terrible :frown: just feel so empty and worthless and so guilty. he's cheated on her before multiple times before me, but now he has done it with me too... and I feel like he's just lost interest in me entirely now, which he probably has now he's got what he wanted.

not to give any ages away but I'm still a teenager (just) and he's more than ten years older. I'm 100% prepared to be called every name under the sun and I know I deserve it but some advice too would be wonderful.... what can I do to get over him? :frown: how can I get over this?? how the hell do you move on from something like this?

******* sort your life out girl..jaysus..

as much as Id like to swear at yeh you have lots of time to make up for it.

everyone makes mistakes.the key now is to put your life right.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel sorry for you. You just have to get him out of your mind, he is married and he is never going to leave his wife for you and to him you were simply a fling. I know that it must be hard to hear but you don't mean anything to him, so why should he mean anything to you? You are worth more than being just someone's 'bit on the side'. I know that you must be feeling lonely and in need of some affection but this is not the type of affection you want. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off, you will find someone better!
Reply 3
Worse things happen at sea.
Original post by Teeahz
Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel sorry for you. You just have to get him out of your mind, he is married and he is never going to leave his wife for you and to him you were simply a fling. I know that it must be hard to hear but you don't mean anything to him, so why should he mean anything to you? You are worth more than being just someone's 'bit on the side'. I know that you must be feeling lonely and in need of some affection but this is not the type of affection you want. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off, you will find someone better!

as a lad whos been cheated on Idk..I think she needs to wake up too. being young isnt an excuse for cheating.theres hope there but jaysus..I thought everyone knows its something you shouldnt do.end of.

I hope she turns it around.Im sure its in her.but she must learn from this and never do it again.
Reply 5
Original post by trustmeimlying1
as a lad whos been cheated on Idk..I think she needs to wake up too. being young isnt an excuse for cheating.theres hope there but jaysus..I thought everyone knows its something you shouldnt do.end of.

I hope she turns it around.Im sure its in her.but she must learn from this and never do it again.

Yeah you are right, being young isn't an excuse for cheating. But technically she didnt cheat, she is single and he wasn't. He is meant to have loyalties to his wife. But she still shouldn't have done it when she knew that he was married!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teeahz
Yeah you are right, being young isn't an excuse for cheating. But technically she didnt cheat, she is single and he wasn't. He is meant to have loyalties to his wife. But she still shouldn't have done it when she knew that he was married!

Posted from TSR Mobile

technically what a load of bolox.
whether dating or not you shouldnt be with people who are.vice versa.it takes two to tango.if she didnt know she had a wife itd be okay..otherwise hell nah.
Reply 7
In your entire post you haven't spared a single thought for his wife and how awful she would feel if she found out. It's her I feel sorry for (though if he's cheated on her before, she needs to wake up), not you.

Find a new job. If you stay where you are you will obsess over this. You need to get away and cut him from your life and learn from this.
Original post by Andaxay
In your entire post you haven't spared a single thought for his wife and how awful she would feel if she found out. It's her I feel sorry for (though if he's cheated on her before, she needs to wake up), not you.

Find a new job. If you stay where you are you will obsess over this. You need to get away and cut him from your life and learn from this.

My thoughts exactly. I would have more sympathy for OP if her post wasn't so self absorbed and had some remorse towards the wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marriage wrecker. I say don't talk about it and move on.

Have some more will power next time
Get over him? Why, do you still like him? :s-smilie: Honestly, it seems like you're feeling way too sorry for yourself and are making excuses. Yes, you should feel awful because what you did was disgusting. It doesn't matter if he's cheated on his wife many times before you. Why do you still like him? He obviously doesn't give two **** about you. What else do you need to know that he doesn't value you at all? That in itself should make you move on. Get a grip & move on. Being lonely is not an excuse :rolleyes:.

Take this as a lesson learned and just get on with your life. No one is feeling sorry for you & you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop texting/calling him and don't give him the Kitkat anymore.
Original post by bittr n swt
Marriage wrecker. I say don't talk about it and move on.

Have some more will power next time

She said he's cheated on her several times; his marriage was already wrecked.
You made a mistake but it doesn't sound like he likes you and it's unlikely this story will end well for you - he's not going to leave his wife for you. It sounds like this is just what he does as you said he's cheated several times but is still with his wife. Get out.
Original post by donutaud15
My thoughts exactly. I would have more sympathy for OP if her post wasn't so self absorbed and had some remorse towards the wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She did say she feels awful at the very beginning. Not to mention, it's the husband that cheated, not her, and neither did she seduce him or chase after him or anything. He's cheated several times and from the sounds of it he seduced her.
Reply 14
Not here to judge on what's happened - what's done is done. It can be tough to get over thinking about someone who you've been in that 'lust' phase with, but he sounds like a jerk if he's cheated on her multiple times. Just remind yourself of that, and the fact that he doesn't seem interested in you now, pretty much the bad things about him.
Original post by joker12345
She did say she feels awful at the very beginning. Not to mention, it's the husband that cheated, not her, and neither did she seduce him or chase after him or anything. He's cheated several times and from the sounds of it he seduced her.

Exactly, obviously she's in the wrong too but the guy clearly has more responsibility being older, married and her boss. Everyone's too quick to blame the girl for being a homewrecker
how do you know for certain that he's cheated on her before? was you stalking him while he was doing it? it is not something that a guy would tell anyone, so not entirely sure why he would tell you. did the chat go like this "yeah, i've cheated on her plenty times before, so everything will be fine!"
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous

You honestly deserve no pity and I'm glad you realise this. You want advice? Think before you act. Part of life is just dealing with things you're not proud of.
Reply 18
Original post by AyCaramba
Exactly, obviously she's in the wrong too but the guy clearly has more responsibility being older, married and her boss. Everyone's too quick to blame the girl for being a homewrecker

Last time I checked, she wrote this post and not him and therefore is getting the comments. In this case, she did something morally incorrect and she knows it. To not give her crap about it would almost make her feel 'OK' with what she did.
He's a cheating douche, forget him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending