The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bed size, bedding pack, posters?

Hey all, I've been offered superior standard accommodation at Lancaster and wanted to know the bed size and how decent the bedding pack you can get is? Finally, what are the rules regarding putting posters etc on accommodation rooms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmyconcarne
Hey all, I've been offered superior standard accommodation at Lancaster and wanted to know the bed size and how decent the bedding pack you can get is? Finally, what are the rules regarding putting posters etc on accommodation rooms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually standard single beds. The bedding pack isn't good quality but it does the job well enough and prevents you having to lug any duvets with you. Posters are allowed on doors put up with white tack.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
The official stance on posters is only on doors but I had three posters on my walls all of last year and had no problems. Even when the Accommodation officer did room checks he didn't tell me to take them down.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by k9markiii
Usually standard single beds. The bedding pack isn't good quality but it does the job well enough and prevents you having to lug any duvets with you. Posters are allowed on doors put up with white tack.

Wait, are they actually standard single beds? Because I actually went and bought 2m long fitted sheets because I read that the beds at 2m... :colondollar:
I got a reply from the official Lancaster Q&A thread which says that the beds where I am are standard single, not sure what they are for other types though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kathiye
Wait, are they actually standard single beds? Because I actually went and bought 2m long fitted sheets because I read that the beds at 2m... :colondollar:

I read that too when I first applied (and took some non elasticated bottom sheets) but then found ordinary elasticated sheets seemed to fit. I guess it will vary between types of accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending