The Student Room Group

My ex girlfriend is seeing someone after just a WEEK of breaking up?

I'm pretty fed up and heartbroken as it goes.

I broke up with my ex girlfriend last week as I could no longer trust her, she was constantly lying to me and the arguments never stopped as a result of my trust issues because of it.

I did everything for this girl, she lost one of her parents to cancer when we first got together and I was there to guide her through it, i practically (it felt like) glued her life together. I was with her for a year, I took her virginity and was her first proper boyfriend and as soon as the ordeal with her loss was over I just felt like I was being treated like crap all the time.

So I'd had enough and broke it off a week ago, and already it looks like her and another guy are talking, baring in mind she was the one accusing me of apparently moving on too quickly? They appear to be liking each others photos and getting quite serious. They've known eachother since high school but only seem to be getting together now. I realise he's probably a rebound, but really this soon? She even used to like his photos whilst we were together, nothing wrong with that, but now this is happening it makes me wonder whether something was happening behind my back whilst we were together?

I did everything for this girl, dates, bought her gifts and she bought me gifts, took her to romantic places, I was literally the best version of me and the best boyfriend I could have possibly been to her.

Literally have no idea what to do. It just feels like everything i did for her, including during her loss was all for nothing and that she couldn't care less.
(edited 9 years ago)
Girls are generally insecure and always need a man. She's probably still hurting and is dating someone to keep herself busy. Don't sweat.
You're basing this off them liking each others photos?
Reply 3
Original post by So Instinct
You're basing this off them liking each others photos?

Not at all, that would be pretty idiotic haha. They seem to be quite open about it, pictures together on instagram and commenting to eachother on facebook. What i mean't was that whilst we were still together she used to like his photos, which isn't a problem but now that it's over and they're this close it's making me wonder whether something was going on behind my back. Which makes me feel even more of a mug if you get me?
Original post by Joshhh
Not at all, that would be pretty idiotic haha. They seem to be quite open about it, pictures together on instagram and commenting to eachother on facebook. What i mean't was that whilst we were still together she used to like his photos, which isn't a problem but now that it's over and they're this close it's making me wonder whether something was going on behind my back. Which makes me feel even more of a mug if you get me?

Ah I see.

She was probably somewhat interested in him for a while, not to say she wanted him or cheated but you can think other girls/guys are hot while still loving your own partner. Now she's free to do what she want and is probably wanting attention post break up, physical and emotional and who better to get it from but the willing guy who she's been interested in and already knows.

Either way you dumped her (for good reason tbf), so it's just something you're going to have to buck up with and take on the chin. No point fretting because that will achieve nothing.
Best thing you can do is pretend she doesn't exist and find your own girl, casual sex if that interests you or other activities because the best way to get over something is to fill the void it left.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by So Instinct
Ah I see.

She was probably somewhat interested in him for a while, not to say she wanted him or cheated but you can think other girls/guys are hot while still loving your own partner. Now she's free to do what she want and is probably wanting attention post break up, physical and emotional and who better to get it from but the willing guy who she's been interested in and already knows.

Either way you dumped her (for good reason tbf), so it's just something you're going to have to buck up with and take on the chin. No point fretting because that will achieve nothing.
Best thing you can do is pretend she doesn't exist and find your own girl, casual sex if that interests you or other activities because the best way to get over something is to fill the void it left.

I guess so, just pretty gutted it seemed to have meant nothing to her at all if she can just jump to someone else so quickly.
Original post by Joshhh
I'm pretty fed up and heartbroken as it goes.

I broke up with my ex girlfriend last week as I could no longer trust her, she was constantly lying to me and the arguments never stopped as a result of my trust issues because of it.

I did everything for this girl, she lost one of her parents to cancer when we first got together and I was there to guide her through it, i practically (it felt like) glued her life together. I was with her for a year, I took her virginity and was her first proper boyfriend and as soon as the ordeal with her loss was over I just felt like I was being treated like crap all the time.

So I'd had enough and broke it off a week ago, and already it looks like her and another guy are talking, baring in mind she was the one accusing me of apparently moving on too quickly? They appear to be liking each others photos and getting quite serious. They've known eachother since high school but only seem to be getting together now. I realise he's probably a rebound, but really this soon? She even used to like his photos whilst we were together, nothing wrong with that, but now this is happening it makes me wonder whether something was happening behind my back whilst we were together?

I did everything for this girl, dates, bought her gifts and she bought me gifts, took her to romantic places, I was literally the best version of me and the best boyfriend I could have possibly been to her.

Literally have no idea what to do. It just feels like everything i did for her, including during her loss was all for nothing and that she couldn't care less.

Hey I've been in a similar situation. Think of it like this, she's done it because she's lonely and needs attention from someone. Just ignore her block her out of your life, show yourself and her that you don't need her in your life. Trust me time heels all and you'll feel better after a few weeks. I've been in a worse situation and got over it, 3 months later i'm loving life and my ex isn't she's. Trust me cut all contact.
Reply 7
She is probably on the rebound.
She's doing it to make herself feel better. Best thing you can do is unfollow her on Instagram and any other social media so you're not constantly reminded of her and move on.
Why are you crying about it? You broke up with her.

How do you even know she's moved on though? You're basing your whole argument over liking pictures & talking.. :confused:. If she did move on, he's probably a rebound or she checked out of the relationship long before you broke up with her so its easier for her to move on very quickly. Pretty bad to move on so quickly, but that's life.
These hoes ain't loyal. Just be a man and find someone else.
She either sorta liked him for a while and is hence now acting on it or she's lonely and desperate and needs to be with someone. Either way, your relationship obviously didn't mean that much so just be glad you got out and try to use this as motivation to move on with your life!
Reply 12
UPDATE: She rang me last night, telling me she misses me etc. I didn't sound all that bothered, but I did question it and she said she never speaks to him, obviously I don't trust her because she always lied to me all the time.
Original post by Joshhh
UPDATE: She rang me last night, telling me she misses me etc. I didn't sound all that bothered, but I did question it and she said she never speaks to him, obviously I don't trust her because she always lied to me all the time.

Okay, now it looks like she is playing games.

Perhaps she got with him to make you jealous and it didn't work?

Either way, it sounds like you're better off without her.
Reply 14
Original post by stargirl63
Okay, now it looks like she is playing games.

Perhaps she got with him to make you jealous and it didn't work?

Either way, it sounds like you're better off without her.

Who knows! I did a bit of a test and offered her a situation, I know i shouldn't but i did. I basically spoke to her this morning about the possibility of talking things through, she didn't seem all that keen, which is fine because obviously it's a breakup, but she pretty much just fobbed it off, which makes me think there's more to it than it seems, it could be nothing but I don't think it is. So I just walked away and just said don't contact me again, trying to cause further confusion etc. Not having it!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending