The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Non-clubbing/drinking freshers 2014 events?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
c5k
OP
Original post by hannaht_
I feel exactly the same! Clubs scare me, but when I do go out (which isn't that often) I prefer bars and pubs :smile: what are you studying?

Hi! I'll be studying I&FRM at Cass and I'm staying at Pure City!
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 21
c5k
OP
What's the Freshers FB group link? Does anyone think we should make an fb group too? :smile:

and @hannaht_, I haven't thought of joining any freshers event just because they're all club parties and yeah :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Original post by c5k
What's the Freshers FB group link? Does anyone think we should make an fb group too? :smile:

and @hannaht_, I haven't thought of joining any freshers event just because they're all club parties and yeah :s-smilie:

The FB group is called City University London Freshers 2014 - 2015, there's nothing really in there though

Haha, looks like we're gonna have to create our own event guys! I just don't see the point of going to somewhere like a club to make friends when the music is too loud to even talk
I'm also worried about this!
Reply 24
Original post by disorientedpanda
I'm doing Psychology and haven't got a place to live yet haha, should be sorting that in the next week though.
I'm up for a meet up if anyone wants to once September starts.

Join the club... still havnt found a place and im psychology to :')
Reply 25
So is anyone going to any freshers events? Which ones?

I wanna go but I dont know where to go and who to go with :s-smilie: sad times
Original post by ks_2905

Im doing psychology aswell :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Im doing psychology aswell :biggrin:

SO what events are you going to..do you know anyone coming uni with u?
Original post by ks_2905
SO what events are you going to..do you know anyone coming uni with u?

I don't know yet. Yeah I do, through fb :smile:
Reply 29
c5k
OP
If anyone knows any non-clubbing events please inform us? But there's actually an International Students Welcome Reception on the 23rd, anyone going to that?
Reply 30
The only fresher's event I've heard of is the Masquerade Boat party :confused: Does anyone actually know the 'official' start date?
Reply 31
Original post by c5k
If anyone knows any non-clubbing events please inform us? But there's actually an International Students Welcome Reception on the 23rd, anyone going to that?

sounds interesting but not sure? im real stressed coz I havnt got accomodation yet -.-
Reply 32
Original post by sayena
The only fresher's event I've heard of is the Masquerade Boat party :confused: Does anyone actually know the 'official' start date?

Freshers is the last week of September although there will be some events the week before for those who start/arrive early

The official Facebook group "The OFFICIAL 2014/15 CITY UNIVERSITY Freshers and Events Group" and the City University London Student's Union Facebook page with give you updates on everything
Reply 33
Hey guys. I'm going to be studying BA Journalism. Not too fond of the clubbing either Tbh. All I've seen is the boat ball and that's about it. Hopefully more events come out soon. I'm from London so I wouldn't mind meeting a few of you before uni starts. Everyone registered okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by HannahDG
I'm staying in Liberty Court too ahahaaa

Do you happen to be in the liberty court group on FB? :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by safx41
Hey guys. I'm going to be studying BA Journalism. Not too fond of the clubbing either Tbh. All I've seen is the boat ball and that's about it. Hopefully more events come out soon. I'm from London so I wouldn't mind meeting a few of you before uni starts. Everyone registered okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: so you know anything about the boat ball? Is it a formal event?
Hi :smile: so you know anything about the boat ball? Is it a formal event?

Yep. The masquerade boat ball is a formal black tie event. It'll be held on the 27th. Tickets cost £20.

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 37
c5k
OP
Isn't it kinda weird & awkward to go to the boat ball alone though I mean if you go without knowing anyone yet :/
Reply 38
We could meet up before we go :smile:
Original post by ks_2905

I'm on the psychology BSc and have no where to live either! Pretty big club we're forming!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending