The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Modern day feminism isn't about equality anyways.
I just facepalmed so hard I broke my nose.
Original post by Rosasaurr

Yeah gtfo coz you know it's true.
Original post by bittr n swt
Yeah gtfo coz you know it's true.

What that you're clearly a misogynist with an attitude problem who is so easy to write off an entire gender as being inferior to males in STEM courses?

Will do <3
What that you're clearly a misogynist with an attitude problem who is so easy to write off an entire gender as being inferior to males in STEM courses?

Will do <3

Ok then.
Female logic.
Well, if there's a meme about it, it must be true :rolleyes:
"I let memes do all my thinking for me!"
hahaha
That's merely the main gender of occupation. That does not measure who actually does the job better.

I would say the majority of women would outdo men in most fields. Easily.

Not to mention that a lot of men in these fields who are Employers, have outdated attitudes to women. Discrimination is evident and affects employment.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you've done your research, you'd know that the problem isn't that there are women who follow their interests in studying "artsy" subjects, but societal discouragement of women going into STEM fields. There shouldn't be any difference between a woman going into either (broadly defined) path, but there is
Original post by JayJay-C19
That's merely the main gender of occupation. That does not measure who actually does the job better.

I would say the majority of women would outdo men in most fields. Easily.

I can't see one reason to believe this. Ignoring any silly discussion of gender superiority, women have statistically more time off work. Furthermore, once a month women have bodily functions which interfere with their ability to work. They're physically inferior. These all make men a more effective worker. in a purely capitalistic world, very few women would be hired. Not because men are better at what we do (your points about numbers= better is correct. The evidence merely suggests more men excel at STEM subjects, not that men who do are better than women who do) but because they have a higher risk of not producing as much output of work, so according to rational choice theory, more men would be hired.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pasta6163
If you've done your research, you'd know that the problem isn't that there are women who follow their interests in studying "artsy" subjects, but societal discouragement of women going into STEM fields. There shouldn't be any difference between a woman going into either (broadly defined) path, but there is

http://www.socwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/fact_12-2007-stem.pdf

I think this study even says this.

I agree!
Original post by KingStannis
I can't see one reason to believe this. Ignoring any silly discussion of gender superiority, women have statistically more time off work. Furthermore, once a month women have bodily functions which interfere with their ability to work. They're physically inferior. These all make men a more effective worker. in a purely capitalistic world, very few women would be hired. Not because men are better at what we do (your points about numbers= better is correct. The evidence merely suggests more men excel at STEM subjects, not that men who do are better than women who do) but because they have a higher risk of not producing as much output of work, so according to rational choice theory, more men would be hired.

You're pretending that a period makes you incapable of anything during that month. How wrong could you possibly be? Many women who are on their period during exams still get A*'s... I know it's a somewhat irrelevent example but it argues the same point.

Men aren't more effective at a lot of things. The majority are narrowminded and blinded by their personal beliefs - proven when men discriminate against women during the recruitment process. Although a general point, it does happen and you cannot even deny it does.
Original post by KingStannis
in a purely capitalistic world, very few women would be hired.

That's hilarious, you actually believe this :lol:
Original post by JayJay-C19
You're pretending that a period makes you incapable of anything during that month. How wrong could you possibly be? Many women who are on their period during exams still get A*'s... I know it's a somewhat irrelevent example but it argues the same point.

Men aren't more effective at a lot of things. The majority are narrowminded and blinded by their personal beliefs - proven when men discriminate against women during the recruitment process. Although a general point, it does happen and you cannot even deny it does.

Having a big pain in your womb must be distracting. If it isn't even that then women a just moaners who moan about anything.

I do deny until good evidence can be brought up. Also evidence for your slur against men?
Original post by Captain Haddock
That's hilarious, you actually believe this :lol:

wow, fantastic argument, i am convinced.

Will do <3

Urgh, he is such a, mysogynist, patriarchal, hate-spreading, female-hating, rape-culture enfrorcing, cat-calling, rapist!

Latest