The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Where are you travelling from?

Hey, it'd be nice to know where all you guys are travelling from to study at Worcester!

I'm travelling from a town called Margate, which is in Kent. This is in the south-east of England, what about you guys? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I'm originally from North Wales but I have lived in the Middle East for the past six years :3 I moved to Qatar when I was 12 and now I live in Dubai; moved when I was 15 ^#^
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Original post by Furandesu
I'm originally from North Wales but I have lived in the Middle East for the past six years :3 I moved to Qatar when I was 12 and now I live in Dubai; moved when I was 15 ^#^

Oh wow, Dubai looks really nice! I bet you're going to miss it there D:
Original post by ginajade
Oh wow, Dubai looks really nice! I bet you're going to miss it there D:

It's lovely, I will miss it and I'm especially nervous because I'm the only one in my immediate family who will be living in the UK; but I guess that's exciting ^#^"
Reply 4
Original post by Furandesu
It's lovely, I will miss it and I'm especially nervous because I'm the only one in my immediate family who will be living in the UK; but I guess that's exciting ^#^"

Aw, well you'll make plenty of friends at uni to have people around & there for you. I can't blame you for being nervous though, I'm nervous for being far away as it is, but 4 hours away is nothing in comparison to a completely different country. Wishing you luck ^.^!
Aw, well you'll make plenty of friends at uni to have people around & there for you. I can't blame you for being nervous though, I'm nervous for being far away as it is, but 4 hours away is nothing in comparison to a completely different country. Wishing you luck ^.^!

Thank you ^#^ you too ^#^ :3
Funny how it's the same people in all the Worcester threads haha. But um, I'm coming from Oxford. Only an hour and a half by train, though no idea how long it takes via the car. Gunna miss it here, since I've lived in this flat since I was like one. Will be good to get away though, for the sake of the experience.
North Somerset, hear Clevedon, just south of Bristol. About 70 miles from Worcester.
Bridgnorth. An hour away from Worcester. I'll be commuting each day as I have four children that go to school in Bridgnorth
X
Reply 9
Original post by Skratch My Itch
Funny how it's the same people in all the Worcester threads haha. But um, I'm coming from Oxford. Only an hour and a half by train, though no idea how long it takes via the car. Gunna miss it here, since I've lived in this flat since I was like one. Will be good to get away though, for the sake of the experience.

Haha I know, looks like it's starting to liven up a little now, well at least I hope. I've never actually been in Oxford but I've been past it many times and from what I've seen it looks like a really nice area. Yeah I'm going to miss home too, I've only lived in my current house for 5 years but I just love it ahaha, and I'm going to miss my double bed quite a lot :frown:!! Yeah it's such a big experience too, quite excited. :biggrin:

Original post by Patrick@Worcs
North Somerset, hear Clevedon, just south of Bristol. About 70 miles from Worcester.

Oh nice, not too far then! I quite like Bristol, visited UWE their and it was quite nice.

Original post by Veronicapringle
Bridgnorth. An hour away from Worcester. I'll be commuting each day as I have four children that go to school in Bridgnorth
X

Oh wow, you're going to be very busy then, hope it all goes well! x
Haha I know, looks like it's starting to liven up a little now, well at least I hope. I've never actually been in Oxford but I've been past it many times and from what I've seen it looks like a really nice area. Yeah I'm going to miss home too, I've only lived in my current house for 5 years but I just love it ahaha, and I'm going to miss my double bed quite a lot :frown:!! Yeah it's such a big experience too, quite excited. :biggrin:

Oxford is a very pretty city. City Centre is terrible for shopping though. Like appalling. And having to go upstairs to sleep for a whole year will be weird, since I live in a ground floor flat. And I've never had the luxury of a double bed, so that doesn't bother. What bothers me is doing my own shopping and being broke. Scares the crap out of me :frown:
Reply 11
Oxford is a very pretty city. City Centre is terrible for shopping though. Like appalling. And having to go upstairs to sleep for a whole year will be weird, since I live in a ground floor flat. And I've never had the luxury of a double bed, so that doesn't bother. What bothers me is doing my own shopping and being broke. Scares the crap out of me :frown:

Worcester looks good shopping wise, so that should be a benefit, plus the river is lovely ^-^. Ahh it's a massive difference for you then, hopefully you'll get used to it quick! And then in 2nd year you could always find a ground floor flat to live in if you'd prefer that. Oh god, I'm with you there! I can't imagine myself going on weekly shops to get all the essentials and managing it, it'll be hard but that's life, eh! This is why I'm kinda happy that I'm not much of a drinker as I'll be saving so much money in comparison to those who will be going out most nights and spending so much money.
Worcester looks good shopping wise, so that should be a benefit, plus the river is lovely ^-^. Ahh it's a massive difference for you then, hopefully you'll get used to it quick! And then in 2nd year you could always find a ground floor flat to live in if you'd prefer that. Oh god, I'm with you there! I can't imagine myself going on weekly shops to get all the essentials and managing it, it'll be hard but that's life, eh! This is why I'm kinda happy that I'm not much of a drinker as I'll be saving so much money in comparison to those who will be going out most nights and spending so much money.

It can't be hard to beat Oxford's shopping honestly ha. And maybe I'll live in a flat the second year. Who knows. And shopping is gunna be a nightmare. Horrid. But yeah, hopefully not drinking will save me some money too. Maybe then I can get a takeaway every now and then :biggrin:
Reply 13
It can't be hard to beat Oxford's shopping honestly ha. And maybe I'll live in a flat the second year. Who knows. And shopping is gunna be a nightmare. Horrid. But yeah, hopefully not drinking will save me some money too. Maybe then I can get a takeaway every now and then :biggrin:

Aha fair enough, I'm worried about the shopping being so good around Worcester that I'll end up over spending ahaha, will have to lock away my purse once I've done the big shop to stop myself! That'd be such a luxury, hoping that happens for me too, nothing beats a good chinese :drool:
Aha fair enough, I'm worried about the shopping being so good around Worcester that I'll end up over spending ahaha, will have to lock away my purse once I've done the big shop to stop myself! That'd be such a luxury, hoping that happens for me too, nothing beats a good chinese :drool:

Trust me, the shops aren't that good. :P
Reply 15
Original post by Roving Fish
Trust me, the shops aren't that good. :P

Ahh, well that's good I guess! I have however heard that there's a Lush in Worcester, and I'm obsessed with that shop :/

I know that I won't really be shopping much, since I won't be able to afford it, but it'd be nice to pick up a few pieces along the way. And I prefer a Domino's or Indian, but I can handle Chinese. They just make me feel a bit sick sometimes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I know that I won't really be shopping much, since I won't be able to afford it, but it'd be nice to pick up a few pieces along the way. And I prefer a Domino's or Indian, but I can handle Chinese. They just make me feel a bit sick sometimes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applicable for any bursaries? If so, they should help you out a bit with money situations. Domino's is heavenly, oh that's lame :frown:.
Are you applicable for any bursaries? If so, they should help you out a bit with money situations. Domino's is heavenly, oh that's lame :frown:.

Pretty sure I'm not. It's okay though. I'll survive. If things get too bad, I have quite a few people who would support me :smile:
Pretty sure I'm not. It's okay though. I'll survive. If things get too bad, I have quite a few people who would support me :smile:

http://www.worcester.ac.uk/your-home/scholarships.html

Sounds like the NSP would be most beneficial to you. There's also a hardship fund - details here: http://www.worc.ac.uk/moneyadvice/623.htm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending