The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Don't know anyone - Freshers 2014

Hey guys:smile:
As I live in Glasgow, I won't be staying in halls, and therefore I'm worried I won't know anyone to go to freshers events with! If you're in the same boat as me feel free to post or message me! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SQA
As I live in Glasgow, I won't be staying in halls, and therefore I'm worried I won't know anyone to go to freshers events with! If you're in the same boat as me feel free to post or message me! :biggrin:

Hi :smile:
I'm not staying in halls either as I live outside of Glasgow. I was worried too but managed to 'find' someone in the same boat as me, conveniently doing the same course! So at least I'll have a familiar face to look out for!

What will you be studying?

Good luck anyway! ...and enjoy freshers! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
SQA
OP
Original post by l.c.e.r
I'm not staying in halls either as I live outside of Glasgow. I was worried too but managed to 'find' someone in the same boat as me, conveniently doing the same course! So at least I'll have a familiar face to look out for!

What will you be studying?

Good luck anyway! ...and enjoy freshers! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be travelling all the way to the uni and you live outside Glasgow? :eek:
I did find someone too but finding more people to know to go together to the freshers. I'll be studying electronic&software engineering. Haven't seen many in the fresher's page on fb that are studying Engineering. What will you study?
& Thanks you too! :biggrin:

P.S sorry if my english is bad, I'm spanish :pinch: :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SQA

Hey, I'm the same, live in Dumbarton, so won't be staying in halls either. And ontop of that, I'm a mature student. But don't worry about not having anyone to go with, there will be hundreds of people on the same boat, and the unions do a lot for locals students to ensure we don't miss out on anything.

I was worried about buying the pass for 40 quid, then having nobody to go to see Twin Atlantic with, but due to the fact the have a local student orientation etc, I feel a lot better now.

Where you traveling from?
Reply 4
Original post by SQA
You'll be travelling all the way to the uni and you live outside Glasgow? :eek:
I did find someone too but finding more people to know to go together to the freshers. I'll be studying electronic&software engineering. Haven't seen many in the fresher's page on fb that are studying Engineering. What will you study?
& Thanks you too! :biggrin:

P.S sorry if my english is bad, I'm spanish :pinch: :colondollar:

It's just outside Glasgow so I'm not too far. That'll probably be my famous last words - no doubt next month I'll be sick of train journeys!

That's good you've at least found someone - I was relieved when I had! Are you excited for freshers? :smile:

I'll be doing the masters of education course. :smile:

Your English is great. I wouldn't have known you were Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
SQA
OP
Original post by Gillybop
Hey, I'm the same, live in Dumbarton, so won't be staying in halls either. And ontop of that, I'm a mature student. But don't worry about not having anyone to go with, there will be hundreds of people on the same boat, and the unions do a lot for locals students to ensure we don't miss out on anything.

I was worried about buying the pass for 40 quid, then having nobody to go to see Twin Atlantic with, but due to the fact the have a local student orientation etc, I feel a lot better now.

Where you traveling from?

Yeah, pretty excited to start uni already! Just worried a little bit for not knowing anyone to go with for the events. My friends who went to uni have bought the pass, in case. I will buy mine soon although I have heard some people saying that it's not worth it because even if they didn't had the pass they would still enter the events. Oh, I'm going to the clean bandit's concert, but that will be in october so hopefully I'll have some people to go with! I live 10min walk from the uni.
Reply 6
SQA
OP
Original post by l.c.e.r
It's just outside Glasgow so I'm not too far. That'll probably be my famous last words - no doubt next month I'll be sick of train journeys!

That's good you've at least found someone - I was relieved when I had! Are you excited for freshers? :smile:

I'll be doing the masters of education course. :smile:

Your English is great. I wouldn't have known you were Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well travelling by train is way better than walking 10 minutes to the university under the rain // snow like I will! Yeah same, pretty feel better too that I'm not the only one worried to not know people already before the freshers starts. And that's a nice course :biggrin:

I've seen last year's thread in TSR that people did like a meet-up before the freshers starts and we all should do that!

And thank you! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by SQA
Haha well travelling by train is way better than walking 10 minutes to the university under the rain // snow like I will! Yeah same, pretty feel better too that I'm not the only one worried to not know people already before the freshers starts. And that's a nice course :biggrin:

I've seen last year's thread in TSR that people did like a meet-up before the freshers starts and we all should do that!

And thank you! :smile:

Haha, well I'll probably have a train journey plus a ten minute walk so I think I win! :smile:

I'm really worried about starting, but hopefully it won't be as bad as I've made it out to be!

Yeah, a meet up sounds good. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
SQA
OP
Original post by l.c.e.r
Haha, well I'll probably have a train journey plus a ten minute walk so I think I win! :smile:

I'm really worried about starting, but hopefully it won't be as bad as I've made it out to be!

Yeah, a meet up sounds good. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we should get more people to join the meet up :smile: I'm coming back to glasgow from spain on the 10th sept so I'll be free anytime after that for a meet up. :smile:
Reply 9
I'm starting in September too and I'm doing law! I'll be travelling into Glasgow everyday also. I only know one other person that's also attending the uni so I'm in the same boat!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by nadiner
I'm starting in September too and I'm doing law! I'll be travelling into Glasgow everyday also. I only know one other person that's also attending the uni so I'm in the same boat!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you travelling in from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by l.c.e.r

Where are you travelling in from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

From Kilwinning! It's like 30 mins from Glasgow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by nadiner
From Kilwinning! It's like 30 mins from Glasgow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw I know where that is. :smile: I'll be travelling in from Paisley.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by l.c.e.r
Aw I know where that is. :smile: I'll be travelling in from Paisley.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh! I'm jealous. You have less of a distance to travel than me haha.
What are you studying?! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there, am totally in the same boat here. I dont know anyone. Am staying at Queen Margaret's accom though
Reply 15
Original post by Husseinajouz
Hey there, am totally in the same boat here. I dont know anyone. Am staying at Queen Margaret's accom though

Hey :smile:) what are you going to be studying?! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nadiner
Hey :smile:) what are you going to be studying?! :biggrin:

I'm studying Business & Management/psychology. wbu ??
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by nadiner
Ahh! I'm jealous. You have less of a distance to travel than me haha.
What are you studying?! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! I know I'm not too far so shouldn't complain! :smile: I'll be studying education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Husseinajouz

I'm doing law! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by l.c.e.r
Haha! I know I'm not too far so shouldn't complain! :smile: I'll be studying education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm most dreading getting the subway every day if I'm honest! I cannot stand it!
That's really cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest