The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayJay-C19
1. Rubbish. It's an observation.

2. I'm not. I'm merely stating it's all over the entire county. Pretty big sample to then dismiss isn't it.

3. I don't care what I sound like to the likes of you.

1. Okay, fair enough. But men who make similar observations in mens favour are disgusting?

2. It's not though. You're 16, how much time have you spent in other parts of the country?

3. What does that mean? The one time I've had any sort of discussion with you was in that England vs USA thread, where we were agreeing with each other and I was defending gays.
Original post by 3 manchesterunited15
1. Okay, fair enough. But men who make similar observations in mens favour are disgusting?

2. It's not though. You're 16, how much time have you spent in other parts of the country?

3. What does that mean? The one time I've had any sort of discussion with you was in that England vs USA thread, where we were agreeing with each other and I was defending gays.

dw he's this guy
[video="youtube;HhnbzAfElJo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhnbzAfElJo[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 2ndcomingofrob
so women outdo men

oh ok
brb:
einstein
euler
gauss
riemann
Galois
isaac newton

Oh ok so lets list a name of people who existed in ages where women had little access to things that allowed them to invent and so on. Let us also name men who existed in a time where ideas presented by women would be laughed at and dismissed.

Totally fair.
Original post by The Assassin
absolutely nonsensical. What's the point in posts like these?

edit: lol, age: 16. Makes sense

As someone who has, once in his life, been 16, I take offence to your comment.
Oh ok so lets list a name of people who existed in ages where women had little access to things that allowed them to invent and so on. Let us also name men who existed in a time where ideas presented by women would be laughed at and dismissed.

Totally fair.

brb 95% of recent nobel prize winners
Original post by manchesterunited15

I have spent a lot of time in various places in the UK. My age has no relevance.
dw OP is this guy
[video="youtube;HhnbzAfElJo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhnbzAfElJo[/video]

strong quoting skills
dw he's this guy

Yeah. That's totally me :thumbsup:.

No.
Puts men down? Oh please.

Stating my gender and sexuality is relevant why?

We both know why I stated your gender and sexuality. Don't play dumb
This is very true. What makes me laugh the most is when the feminists cba to post and it just ends up being a fuelled discussion between men complaining how the feminists are out to get them.
I have spent a lot of time in various places in the UK. My age has no relevance.

I highly doubt it. Why have you spent so much time in different places?

You're a disgusting misandrist tbh, the likes of you shouldn't be allowed on an intelligent student forum
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bittr n swt
We both know why I stated your gender and sexuality. Don't play dumb

Do we? I wouldn't have made the comment if I did.
Original post by ILovePancakes
See we're not all crazy :wink:. I don't see the point of arguing for nothing. At the end of the day it gets nobody anywhere and both parties just get even more pissed off than before.

The same degrees that offer modules on Beyonce studies? If we're honest, we can't really trust them to come up with proper theories when they're teaching about the perceptions of Beyonce's arse. Unfortunately, they're the institutions that are most influential.

I stick by my definition because that's what I think and have been taught that feminism means at its core and it is something that I believe society should strive for.

I agree with your post. It's always nice to meet a reasonable person from the other side of the fence.
Yeah. That's totally me :thumbsup:.

No.

Maybe I was wrong
Maybe ur this guy
[video="youtube;73uIPW4LRv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uIPW4LRv4[/video]
Original post by manchesterunited15
I highly doubt it. Why have you spent so much time in different places?

You're a disgusting misandrist tbh, the likes of you shouldn't be allowed on an intelligent student forum

How can you doubt it, you have no clue who I am nor know a thing about me?! :rofl:

Oh, I am deeply wounded by your choice of words, let me get back to you on how much of a monkeys I give.
This is very true. What makes me laugh the most is when the feminists cba to post and it just ends up being a fuelled discussion between men complaining how the feminists are out to get them.

...actually seems to tbe opposite going by recent ones
Original post by ChickenMadness
The entire political movement is the one that's wrong lol. The political large feminist groups are the ones that are blocking laws in USA that try to bring real equality.

It's more like there are only a few people (without any actual power) that identify as feminists that actually believe in real equality, whereas the vast majority want more privelages for women in first world countries and power over men. for example the new laws in USA. Feminism is strong in that country.
-an arrest has to be made on every domestic abuse call and the man is automatically assumed the aggressor (even if he's the one being beaten up) < There was a viral video going around a while ago where a man was killed by police because neighbours made a domestic abuse call about 2 parents having an arguement with their daughter. And an arrest had to be made on the man, because of that law.
-Universities can deal with rape accusations without the involvement of the police, men are assumed guilty until proven innocent. etc.
-Women can already put any man's name down on a birth cetificate and force them to pay child support if they wait long enough without that man knowing
-^They're also trying to bring in new laws that would allow women to refuse DNA testing to proove if the man is the father of their child.
Any attempts to change laws like that just get blocked by the large feminist organisations.

Then theres people in this thread defending feminism trying to say it's about equality lol. What are YOU doing to raise awareness of these injustices? casual feminists on here always argue about petty issues while theres legit injustices that are actually written into laws.

x

Original post by Rosasaurr
x

Original post by kath_igidbashian
]x

Original post by Pasta6163
xl

Anyone who identifies as feminists and defends the actions of large feminist organisations like these, does not advocate equality.
Because they already have the rights Women were campaigning for. How can you even argue that utterly ridiculous point! The rights they didn't have were bloody made by men, they had it since its inception. What is wrong with you.

Then why is anti-male bias coded in black and white into law throughout the Western world, particularly in areas such as rape, divorce, custody and domestic violence, while in areas in which women have historically suffered from bias, such as workplace pay, the law affords special protections for gender equality?

You may also note that other easily quantifiable rights, such as the right to vote, were not enjoyed by anything but a tiny minority of men in the past. It took normal working-class men dying en masse on the Somme for the elites to concede them (alongside rich women) the right to vote. But just ten years later, and with only one casualty on the books, normal working-class women were conceded the right to vote that their male peers had been actively discriminated from for hundreds of years.

Similarly, in every classic revisionist feminist story about how hard women had it back in the day, stuck at home scrubbing clothes over a washboard surrounded by eight yipping kids, there is a silent husband behind her hacking up coal dust after twelve hours bent double in the mines doing backbreaking physical labour, and a teenage son shamed, even by feminist luminaries themselves, into becoming cannon fodder for the elites' senseless wars.

Another example is women as property. While women were indeed more or less property, laws specifically protected them from damage to their person which might otherwise have been admissible with a man's other property. And women's status as property meant that if a woman went out and committed a crime, or ran up debts etc, it was the man who got locked up and the keys thrown away. As for divorce, well, women have always automatically got half of the assets, earned or no.

The fact is that men and women are always oppressed by gender roles as two sides of a coin and that all but a tiny minority of asset-wealthy men were for the whole of history just as disenfranchised from the system as women were. And in my view even back then those disenfranchised men faced super-high expectations, expected to support and answer for an entire family, without care for their gruelling health-threatening jobs, their military service etc etc. Surely any Victorian coal miner would have given his balls for the opportunity to scrub clothes at home rather than dealing with cave-ins, poison gas, excruciating back pain, missing fingers and pneumoconiosis.

So, then as now, feminism was largely a movement for the middle-class women in their drawing-rooms, fated to a life of knitting patterns and intellectual wastage while their husbands got educated and did their office job. That, in the middle classes, was the only gendered discrimination that went on in those days.
Maybe I was wrong
Maybe ur this guy
[video="youtube;73uIPW4LRv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uIPW4LRv4[/video]

Maybe I'm none if your ridiculous Youtube Videos, okay.
Do we? I wouldn't have made the comment if I did.

You put men down. You dislike them severely. You're just like me but fighting a different gender.

maybe it's because you were bullied by straight men...

Latest