The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
No. But I've been told it's a really high A or an A*. She couldn't remember at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah , my teacher told me the same too... what do you think the grade boundaries will be like ? considering how everyone in your school or that you know found the exam ?

for me most people in my school found biology the easiest so i would say 48 for an A* then c1 was generally an easy paper but a bit mixed (not for me though :frown: ) so i would say 47 for an A* then p1 was pretty mixed but most found it easy so i would say 47 for an A*
Original post by Humzaawan123
yeah , my teacher told me the same too... what do you think the grade boundaries will be like ? considering how everyone in your school or that you know found the exam ?

for me most people in my school found biology the easiest so i would say 48 for an A* then c1 was generally an easy paper but a bit mixed (not for me though :frown: ) so i would say 47 for an A* then p1 was pretty mixed but most found it easy so i would say 47 for an A*

I'm not really sure tbh. Everyone I spoke to found B1 really easy. Everyone who wasnt in our physics found C1 the hardest. I've just mainly been speaking to a class of people who werent even really taught physics (my class).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not really sure tbh. Everyone I spoke to found B1 really easy. Everyone who wasnt in our physics found C1 the hardest. I've just mainly been speaking to a class of people who werent even really taught physics (my class).

Posted from TSR Mobile

that sucks...when you have a stupid teacher , did you not understand any questions in p1 ? or just had no knowledge of certain topics ?
I'm one year ahead of you guys but I'm just curious to know if anyone has done some exams in year 10?
Original post by Invest
I'm one year ahead of you guys but I'm just curious to know if anyone has done some exams in year 10?

I did core science
Original post by Archaeologist
I tried to learn all of Latin in one go last year. It's better to do it step by step and consistently re-read them so that they're well memorised

It's better spending more time on topics that you personally find more difficult but also topics that are deemed A* right?

Practice papers are a must, I think it's more effective if you get someone else to mark them.

Yes, but remember that A* questions are relatively limited, in the way that there aren't too many of them in the paper. Have a good understanding of the basics first: but yes, in order to get an A*, you will need to be able to do the 'A* questions'.

Practice papers are the main way to revise in my opinion. Once you think you know pretty much all the course, do past paper after past paper; see what you get wrong; revise; repeat.

Also, use the exam boards' specifications: that is everything you need to know, so use that as a revision checklist.
You did your GCSE Maths in year 10?

Yh Astronomys so much fun, more schools should do it

Yes, I did it in year 10. Does your school offer any other unusual subjects?
Original post by Invest

I did additional science, religious studies and English lit
Reply 228
Original post by Invest

I did statistics, some other people in my year did core science and English Language

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JanitaTwain
Yes, I did it in year 10. Does your school offer any other unusual subjects?

That's quite impressive.

Well, there's food tech, home economics, food and nutrition, geology,Chinese(mandarin), Gaelic, classical Greek, digital photography and that's about it

There's also B-Tech Computing, which is a bit different
Year 11 is just like year 10 imo
Original post by AnonMike
Year 11 is just like year 10 imo

Not really though, there's more pressure
So it's results day week, good luck everyone
Not really though, there's more pressure

I've already done Year 11, I know what it's like.
Original post by NathalieGW
So it's results day week, good luck everyone

It is !
Original post by AnonMike
I've already done Year 11, I know what it's like.

Then how is it the same as year 10? It clearly isn't. More workload, more exams, a lot pressure and stress.
Year 10 is more relaxed.
It is !

How are you feeling about results day?
Then how is it the same as year 10? It clearly isn't. More workload, more exams, a lot pressure and stress.
Year 10 is more relaxed.

Lol my Y10 will have actually been more stressful, considering I was doing an AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol my Y10 will have actually been more stressful, considering I was doing an AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which subject?
Original post by NathalieGW
How are you feeling about results day?

A little nervous but it's only one subject so I won't dwell on it :wink:

Latest