The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

I wish I was talented :frown: want to make a home made present for someone and they're really awesome and lovely and I want to make them something great that matches their awesomeness, but I'm not good at crafts :frown: so whatever I makes I'll be crap and probably disappoint them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 321
Original post by Rosasaurr
true idk.. it might be. I have depression and thats confirmed but I could just be making myself paranoid. I know I'll be fine when I'm back at uni and working though. I miss not learning :frown:

oh god I know! Doctor google is the worst one of my friends was convinced I had meningitis the other day.

it was a bad headache combined with being a little cold :s-smilie:

Yeah i have diagnosed depression anxiety and paranoia :woo:

Youl be fine just nerves about new stuff and excitement :smile:

Yeah before i got my paranoia diagnosis i was convinced it was psychosis, dr google is not a good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Original post by Odd socks
I wish I was talented :frown: want to make a home made present for someone and they're really awesome and lovely and I want to make them something great that matches their awesomeness, but I'm not good at crafts :frown: so whatever I makes I'll be crap and probably disappoint them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prehaps just make them a card, remember its the thought you put into it that counts! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want a new hobby to do to take my mind off bad things that keep going through my head. I'm playing football on Tuesday but I want more to do.
Original post by SweetNothing
I want a new hobby to do to take my mind off bad things that keep going through my head. I'm playing football on Tuesday but I want more to do.

Learn a language? Generally libraries have books on learning languages so you wouldn't even have to pay to do it.
Original post by PandaWho
Prehaps just make them a card, remember its the thought you put into it that counts! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the thought counts but they deserve something great :frown: though this brings up the wider problem of me having no talents or skills (apart from being good at lying but that's not something to be proud of)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 326
Original post by Sabertooth
Learn a language? Generally libraries have books on learning languages so you wouldn't even have to pay to do it.

Far better way to learn a language is play computer games and voicechat with everybody :p: That's pretty much how I speak Swedish and Portuguese!

Got the same issue. Nothing to do till uni starts. Remember back in school I just played sports 24/7. I want to join the rockclimbing centre, but it's so expensive :/ I want to volunteer more too, but don't want to let ppl at! Can I come play footy with you?!
Reply 327
Original post by Odd socks
I know the thought counts but they deserve something great :frown: though this brings up the wider problem of me having no talents or skills (apart from being good at lying but that's not something to be proud of)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Male or female? If it's female, bake them chocolate with a cast, so it says something cool or special!
Original post by samba
Male or female? If it's female, bake them chocolate with a cast, so it says something cool or special!

I think this is a good idea but I wouldn't limit it to females - men like cookies and muffins and all that too :tongue:

(I have a great recipe for berry muffins if you're interested Odd Socks :smile: )
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 329
I think this is a good idea but I wouldn't limit it to females - men like cookies and muffins and all that too :tongue:

Aye we do, but if it's a guy, something like a engine kit or a wooden model ship etc might be cooler! Or taken out to dinner with the cookies for afters :yes:

That sounds a good idea I'll go to the library tomorrow :smile: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 331
Tonight is NOT the best night for insomnia to strike! Up at like 6am and at this rate ill need a bucket of makeup to look a little bit alive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Original post by PandaWho
Tonight is NOT the best night for insomnia to strike! Up at like 6am and at this rate ill need a bucket of makeup to look a little bit alive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eek! Perhaps you need a coffee drip :smile:

This thread seems kinda manageable and safer at this time of night :yes:
Original post by samba

Got the same issue. Nothing to do till uni starts. Remember back in school I just played sports 24/7. I want to join the rockclimbing centre, but it's so expensive :/ I want to volunteer more too, but don't want to let ppl at! Can I come play footy with you?!

Yeah you can come play footy with me! More hobbies for me then!
Reply 334
Yeah you can come play footy with me! More hobbies for me then!

Where are you? :p: Be warned I play rough. Ultra competitive streak!

Gotta fire up my teleport machine to get there. Hope it's still in working order.
Original post by samba
Where are you? :p: Be warned I play rough. Ultra competitive streak!

Gotta fire up my teleport machine to get there. Hope it's still in working order.

I'm mega competitive as well :tongue: and north east is where I'm at so get your teleport there!

Morning!
I don't know how to tell my wife that I'm struggling and really need her support.

I told her I'm scared and she tickled me then went back to her game. I am scared and the voices are being really loud, but I don't want to get tickled, I want a hug and someone to listen to me. :frown:
I've had no sleep all night, just really want a cup of tea now.
I have a lot of time on my hands and I really wanna learn a new hobby but there's not much going in my area it's easier too far away to travel at night or local clubs don't last long due to funding
I have tried my local adult community college but they are absolutely rubbish, just regurgitated bull**** and I feel embarrassed every time I go to ACL even for pleasure reasons. So I am rather stuck on what to do as I need friends, social life, hobby and something I enjoy that last long than a few weeks. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how to tell my wife that I'm struggling and really need her support.

I told her I'm scared and she tickled me then went back to her game. I am scared and the voices are being really loud, but I don't want to get tickled, I want a hug and someone to listen to me. :frown:

You just need to tell her up front how you feel, or just sat "I need a hig", there's no shame in that at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest