The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessica1728
Hiya im a potential applicant for 2015 entry! I know general studies isnt accepted as one of your 3/4 A-levels but do they include general studies or a second language a-level when they calculate your ucas tariff score to select for interview?:colondollar:

Yep. Any tarrifable qualfication counts.
Original post by DrumChops
Yep. Any tarrifable qualfication counts.

Thanks! and depending on which subjects I take forward to A2, I'll have a ucas tariff of, 730 at the lowest and 870 at the highest. With a ukcat of 727.5avg, do you think i have a great chance of getting an interview?:colondollar:
Original post by jessica1728
Thanks! and depending on which subjects I take forward to A2, I'll have a ucas tariff of, 730 at the lowest and 870 at the highest. With a ukcat of 727.5avg, do you think i have a great chance of getting an interview?:colondollar:

I'd imagine you have a realistic chance!
Original post by hpcp
thank you :smile: Where did you find this data? Is it available for previous years?
Do you think the ukcat average might go down this year? I was looking at the averages and there was a really large increase last year due to the easy DA in comparison to other years, and people have said it's harder this year than last year. (it's hard to judge as I've never done it before!)
it's risky, but it's my top choice so I don't know if I should just go for it and then with my other 3, apply a bit better?

I got 688 in my UKCAT and got an offer this year (yr13 student)
Original post by Matthew150
Well fingers crossed for both of us then in terms of this September! On the phone they said there were only 7-10 of us on this extended waiting list, so fingers crossed!
And they're pretty amazing grades!

yep fingers crossed! I won't mind a gap year but I really want to get in soon. Never thought this extended list would be so short, congrats for being on the list then:smile:
I'm quite concerned about accomodation tbh as I'm kinda international although I studied A-Levels in the UK. The timing would be so tight if I get notified to be able to start this september..I'm currently in Asia lol
Original post by jack_smith969
I got 688 in my UKCAT and got an offer this year (yr13 student)

What was your UCAS tariff?
Gives me hope :smile:
Has anyone on the waiting list that got an offer know if we need to do any health checks or questionnaire? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I was on the waiting list and have an offer. Sorry I don't know more about that, but has anyone else in my position sorted out accomodation/student finance etc.
Original post by jollygood
Has anyone on the waiting list that got an offer know if we need to do any health checks or questionnaire? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we have to, but we will hear of it later on - near the time we get the email regarding enrolment.

Original post by bluemarshmellow
Hello, I was on the waiting list and have an offer. Sorry I don't know more about that, but has anyone else in my position sorted out accomodation/student finance etc.

I've applied for student finance, only for the maintenance loan/grant (will have to pay tuition fee myself as a graduate). Should be ready by the time we actually start our course (15th-17th September) so apply right now guys.
Original post by General Maximus
I think we have to, but we will hear of it later on - near the time we get the email regarding enrolment.

I've applied for student finance, only for the maintenance loan/grant (will have to pay tuition fee myself as a graduate). Should be ready by the time we actually start our course (15th-17th September) so apply right now guys.

Thank you for your reply, I have done that too now.
I met the conditions of my offer, but haven't had my offer converted from conditional to unconditional yet and I'm slightly concerned - anyone else in the same boat as me?
Does anyone know if Barts send out an acceptance letter to all of us who met the offer? Thanks in advance.
Those who got in through clearing, when is the deadline for the health form? It says 31st of july on the letter, but obviously that doesnt apply to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hassanen9
Those who got in through clearing, when is the deadline for the health form? It says 31st of july on the letter, but obviously that doesnt apply to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were told "as soon as possible" from the e-mail. I'd imagine it should be before our start date; giving us a month to complete the form?
Hey,
Any 1st year undergrads not allocated campus accommodation interested in sharing a flat (a short walk from WC campus) to move into before freshers? PM me if interested. Looking for 4 other people, anyone who's clean/tidy. The rent is about 140 a week including most bills.

EDIT: Sorry not on offer anymore as I've just realized I've been given uni accommodation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Floyer House mixed accommodation any good guys??
those who accepted waiting list offer through clearing, have you got emails about student accommodation yet?
I haven't...
Original post by kmlee0926
those who accepted waiting list offer through clearing, have you got emails about student accommodation yet?
I haven't...

I did on the same day of the confirmation email.
on average what is the schoolleaver/reaplicant/graduate ratio at barts??
Original post by jaishiva
on average what is the schoolleaver/reaplicant/graduate ratio at barts??

IDK maybe 2:1:2

Does it really matter? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending