The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
That means you're naturally like 5'2" or less :wink:

aah and are so similar

shou -
shuo -

you don't have to pronounce things perfectly you know, I often omit the hs when I speak and people still understand :lol: (probably accent due to the part of China my family is from).
If you want to learn how to pronounce things properly, learn from someone who lives in Beijing :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Can anyone recommend some good music to me, I've been listening to the same stuff for months (I'm not picky over genre etc.)

Came across this song recently, quite like it
[video="youtube;yYPXVcgZo-U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYPXVcgZo-U[/video]
Original post by Meli.Hardege
I'm doing A2 AQA French I'm pretty worried about it :/ what did you get this year for AS?

Same it sounds so hard! Going to try so hard though! I got a C could of done better but pretty happy with that what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
shou -
shuo -

you don't have to pronounce things perfectly you know, I often omit the hs when I speak and people still understand :lol: (probably accent due to the part of China my family is from).
If you want to learn how to pronounce things properly, learn from someone who lives in Beijing :smile:

It's just so hard keeping all tones while making it flow, I haven't learnt anything but just starting offer.
Original post by WishfulDesire
Comunication and culture was introduced before 2008, however that's when the subject was rebranded. The course is absolutely great! I really enjoyed it. 50% of your grade is your coursework so you spend a lot of lessons dedicated to coursework, especially your creative piece. The rest of the theory is taught however your teacher wishes to teach it to you however my teacher chose powerpoints and we could access the presentations ourselves after the lessons. My advice would be to take lots of notes, revise the theories and the theorists as soon as you learn them and remember the key terms. AS has a LOT More theory to get through than A2 but it gets really, really interesting at A2!! Good luck for next year!

Oh right, I thought it was quite a new subject! Exactly, that is what really attracted me to the course, as I was going through the syllabus I just knew that this subject would really benefit my personality, and the life I would like to lead. It sounds fantastic- really excited to go onto it, fingers crossed I am able to and it doesn't clash with anything other that I'm taking. :crossedf:

Thank you! :smile::biggrin:
Original post by blamethenargles
I haven't changed since year seven I don't think. Everyone grew past me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also 5 ft 3, and I have actually shrunk since year 7. I didn't even know that was possible.
Hey everyone! I'm a bit late joining this thread... I feel so old now! ...not to mention scared about all things UCAS.
Original post by _thequeen
I'm also 5 ft 3, and I have actually shrunk since year 7. I didn't even know that was possible.

Welcome to the 5 foot 3" club! You are one of a kind, I just... Stopped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Hey everyone! I'm a bit late joining this thread... I feel so old now! ...not to mention scared about all things UCAS.

Hello! I wholeheartedly agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I wholeheartedly agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thought of it makes me feel a little ill... :lol:
Original post by emcat
Same! And I feel like in real life I'm not even that tall at 5'7".

I don't feel tall in real life either! One of my friends, who's female, is 5'11" and my best male friend is 6'2"...
Reply 291
Original post by Peaches and Cream

Haha I just joined the thread now too! I've heard lots of myths about UCAS so I'm scared too:s-smilie:
Panic! At the disco

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Has a sudden fangirl moment because Brendon Urie*

Sorry... I love Panic!:biggrin:
Original post by 2en1
Haha I just joined the thread now too! I've heard lots of myths about UCAS so I'm scared too:s-smilie:

Yeah so terrified! I started a 'What you wish you'd known when you started year 13' thread, I hope i gets a few decent replies!
Welcome to the 5 foot 3" club! You are one of a kind, I just... Stopped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel so special! Being short is great anyway!!!!
Reply 295
Original post by LeFailFish
I don't feel tall in real life either! One of my friends, who's female, is 5'11" and my best male friend is 6'2"...

Yeah, my best male friend is 6'3" and he makes me feel like tiny. None of my female friends are quite at 5'11" but some aren't far off. I guess tall(ish) people just choose to be friends with other tall people?
Original post by emcat
Yeah, my best male friend is 6'3" and he makes me feel like tiny. None of my female friends are quite at 5'11" but some aren't far off. I guess tall(ish) people just choose to be friends with other tall people?

Perhaps! I mean, some of my friends are around 5'2" but they are in the minority... most of my friends are about 5'6".
Reply 297
Original post by LeFailFish
Perhaps! I mean, some of my friends are around 5'2" but they are in the minority... most of my friends are about 5'6".

Same. I have one friend who is 5'1" and she's very much an anomaly in our group. Most of my friends wear shoes with a bit of a heel most of the time too so that makes me feel even shorter.
All this talk about height, hehe! I'm a 17 yr old girl and I'm 5'10 / 5'11 (havent measured in a while). Sometimes I forget I'm quite a bit taller than the average until someone mentions it...I'm definitely the tallest in my group of friends.
Original post by emcat
Same. I have one friend who is 5'1" and she's very much an anomaly in our group. Most of my friends wear shoes with a bit of a heel most of the time too so that makes me feel even shorter.

There's one girl in my group who's naturally about 5'5" but I've never seen her in less than 4 inch heels... it's a wonder she can walk! :eek:

Latest