The Student Room Group

Where should I apply?!

So, I got my AS grades,
Psychology - A (very high, hoping for an A* next year)
Maths - B (hoping to push it to an A next year)
Biology - D (I will be resitting the second exam and hoping for a B overall)
Chemistry - D (a few marks off a C, dropping at A2)

I'm applying for psychology, and I really wanted to apply for warwick university, but should I considering my AS grades?
Where should I apply?
Will universities asking for AAB/ABB consider me since I'm resitting my biology?
HELP!!
Reply 1
Warwick want AAB, I think?

It's always worth applying and choosing one or two that might be a bit higher than the results you have got. Don't forget interview performance, application details really do count.

If you are asked about it, make it clear you are intending to re-sit the unit. I think with good grades in Psychology and Maths, and a good application and interview - you could well be in with a chance.

But don't forget to find a good insurance one with the grades you've got - good luck! :smile:
Original post by ajw12
Warwick want AAB, I think?

It's always worth applying and choosing one or two that might be a bit higher than the results you have got. Don't forget interview performance, application details really do count.

If you are asked about it, make it clear you are intending to re-sit the unit. I think with good grades in Psychology and Maths, and a good application and interview - you could well be in with a chance.

But don't forget to find a good insurance one with the grades you've got - good luck! :smile:

Thank you!

I was considering
Warwick AAB
Loughborough ABB
Queen Mary ABB
Keele BBB

Not sure for a last one though! Any advice?
Would you be looking for another AAB one or ABB again?
Original post by Superunknown17
Would you be looking for another AAB one or ABB again?

I'm not sure, either would be fine I think!
Original post by EmilyLouise96
I'm not sure, either would be fine I think!

Just ones of the top of my head. Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Cardiff, Leicester. Obviously, it entirely depends on what you want from the course and whether you like the University/place where the uni is. Might be worth looking into the ones I mentioned if you're stuck though :smile:
Original post by Superunknown17
Just ones of the top of my head. Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Cardiff, Leicester. Obviously, it entirely depends on what you want from the course and whether you like the University/place where the uni is. Might be worth looking into the ones I mentioned if you're stuck though :smile:

Ill definitely have a look! Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending