The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple-duck
Oh yeah :s-smilie: I can imagine, similar sort of thing for Jan results this year. Well done for getting through it then :smile:

I think you're allowed to be upset about results if they're not what you were hoping/expecting :redface: Sounds positive with B in Chem last year though :redface: in that hopefully can manage a similarish level with retakes maybe? :smile: Though I imagine it's tough!

Fair enough - I'm not sure what/how to say but that's really kind/selfless of you - as MM said, I can't imagine how tough it must be caring for someone.

Sorry for not replying to this sooner :s-smilie: :hugs:

I'm sorry you had a rough night :frown: Not sure what to advise, but sending :hugs:

Got any meets/socials to look forward to soon?

It's okay I didn't see :biggrin: I always end up doing that with fb messages :tongue:

Physically yeah definitely :smile: Still possibly a little more tired than usual, but pretty much fully mended :redface: Not queasy/anything, and managed to walk into town today - so can't be too bad :biggrin:

:cool: I haven't been down to the cove or beach for ages now you mention it :eek: Should probably visit soon/get outside more. Hope it's the same too :hugs: Sure it will be :smile: Haha, that's helpful :biggrin: Always good to get something like that to do for results/nervous-y things.

You should! :eek: Ah, haven't seen it in a long while now :redface: Probably should at some point - have a friend who's mildly fanatical about disney, so might well be roped into watching it some time next year :tongue:

Well done!! :smile: Sorry it wasn't what you needed, but yeah retakes'll be good. Yes - did very well considering ill-ness! :frown: :hugs: and I guess that's sort of comforting though that you can do them when not ill? :redface: if that makes sense.

I'm odd. Not quite sure still :s-smilie: Had today by myself, parents went off to spain this morning, and relatives coming to stay from Tuesday evening. Think I'll chill tonight, and deciding what to do tomorrow :redface: Might go walking, or chill here and maybe watch a film at the cinema :smile:
How about you? :hugs:

:woo: Thanks :colondollar: :biggrin: Still got lots of time :smile: Plus everything's on sale now! (At least for Uni-y things) Let's hope so :yep: :tongue: Well I have a few pens that don't work - That okay? :lol:

Good :smile: Oh :s-smilie: I hate it when coughs are bad like that. (if by choking you mean the cough that just won't go away/leaves you in coughing fits (?))
Haha exactly :colondollar: (:hmmm:)
Yeah I hope so - sort of thinking it might be nice to have company that aren't parents, though just as long as when I want time alone they give it me - luckily have the car so can always just drive somewhere obscure :redface: Thanks :colondollar: :smile:

Thanks :redface: Don't really know :s-smilie: Think it's just summer/feeling lonely/Uni approaching, (which while I love it sort of semi-scared about how it's going to be like) and also saying good-bye to my pet degu :frown:
Woo good :biggrin: Glad you're feeling positive about stuff! Yeah I was quite scared going too :s-smilie: but hopefully there are some excited nerves in there too as well as anxiety? :smile: If you ever want to chat about it then do feel free :redface:

Thanks for that :smile: Nice to know I'm not alone in doing nothing much :redface: (Though just realised you went to scotland! :eek: :tongue: :redface:) Thank you though :smile: I guess I forget that it's there as a relaxation period between years, even if I've spent a long time doing/am still not really that relaxed :colondollar: :s-smilie:

:woo: Have fun! :biggrin:

I'm okay I guess, don't know at all this past week :colondollar: :redface: How about you? Been up to much today? :smile: (I haven't :colondollar:)

Sorry things are getting worse :frown: Is it anything in particular/could you see GP if things are getting bad? :console:
Might not help with life-plans at all, but could you try something like volunteering or something? :smile: I know I did some for my DofE award in a charity shop, though I didn't have MH stuff then, it was still quite a nice thing to do each week that was different from the usual - I was just in the top of the shop too, sorting books! Was somehow quite relaxing :redface:

Is he Uni-ing fairly close by to you/can you visit him every now and then still? :redface:

Haha I like horses - Even if they're sort of scary :colondollar:

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's you! :jumphug: How're you? :smile:

Hey :redface: Sorry that doctor's have been pretty rubbish, and also about jobs/mates :s-smilie: :console: I guess could you ask GP directly about meds as well as a referral to therapy? Sounds as though they're not the best GP, but maybe worth a try? Or could you change GPs even to a different one closeby?
For friends could you try joining some sort of club/hobby thing near you? You mentioned music, I know :redface:

Sorry I'm not much more help :s-smilie: Hope things improve for you soon though

:woo: That's great :biggrin:
*glares at TLG's dad* :unimpressed:
Hope it goes okay :smile:
:jumphug:

Hi! :smile: Welcome to the thread :biggrin: I'm phil/purple-duck
How're you? :redface:

Don't know anything about BPD myself, but I hope the boots are good :biggrin: :redface:

Good luck - you never know how've you've done yet, I guess just wait and see :redface: As you say you've got mit circ's though/can do them again :smile: :console:

Ah :colondollar: Hope they kick in soon or something :redface: They were a dose increase, right? That's not too bad :smile: What time did you get to sleep? No, I'm never sure :s-smilie: I think in general I need to be trying harder to fight the MH/make more of an effort for a routine/getting stuff done, it's just difficult, and the fact the MH is there makes it difficult to know how much to blame yourself :colondollar: :redface:

Yeah - I think my mum was saying that my grandparents would buy me a £30 pokemon game for christmas or something, and then she'd watch on horrified as a year later or something I was selling it for £3 :eek: And now games like Blue and Yellow sell for like £15-20! Unfortunately the atari/SNES and things were past my time :sad:
Haha that's an awesome idea :biggrin:

Yeah I'd have to agree with you there :redface: Well, I have SoulSilver but same thing - originally of the 2 I had gold :smile: Currently close to the end/got 2 more kanto gyms to go, then elite 4, then Red :colondollar: Ah okay :/ I might just give it a go so I'm not too out of the loop of new pokemon, plus they're fairly cheap even brand new on ebay - like £10 or something!
Yeah my friend sort of liked Y but also thought it was too easy/help is thrown at you. No, maybe not :colondollar:

Thanks :redface: I guess I just need to think of this as a long extended relax period, and I guess not everyone does something with their summer either. Most people do something though :s-smilie: Yeah I hadn't thought as far ahead as xmas really - maybe should start planning some things now or something :smile:

Far too early :eek: *sends panda a box of alarm clocks*
Supposedly I did this every day before school for a year and a half for sixth form :tongue: No chance now :lol:

----------------------------------------

Off to watch "Perks of being a Wallflower" at it's mention by some people here a couple days ago (Who was it that mentioned it? I can't remember :tongue:) Plus also because it's on amazon prime :redface:

Went into town and got fish and chips earlier (yummy :smile:) and also some nice treats, so going to have a nice relaxed alone-y evening :colondollar: Free if anyone needs to rant/wants to PM me :smile:

My boyfriend rang for a doctors appointment for me friday so im meant to be going today. And i went for an assessment last week but i don't know whats happening now.

I have OCD so i think id go crazy in a charity shop, i really want to help others but my ocd stops me doing things. i often stop in the street and look where ive just walked to see if its clean or not (like if theres dog poo or something) im paranoid. I hate going outside because i get so stressed about uncleanliness and other things like my paranoia.

Guess what. I got on my online maths course i applied for a while ago. I thought i wouldnt get on but i have. I dont have to go outside but i can still learn. YAY :smile: but i need to buy a printer with a scanner sometime soon.

His university is the same distance we're away from eachother now. :frown: 3 hours. it makes me upset. he gets upset because he said hes terrified of leaving me incase i be silly again. and he just wants to look after me.
but i dont want him being like my carer. oh its so confusing. hurts my head.

I hope you enjoyed your evening. I love chips. :smile:
Thanks people who quoted me - appreciate all the support from everyone in here over the last week. Feeling a bit better about the whole E thing now that I've slept on it (managed to not text her). Trying to put it to the back of my mind.

Have phoned up hospital and the therapist will ring me back hopefully soon to rearrange.

:grouphugs: for all
Original post by Meaty_man
Well at least you can actually see your GP on short notice! I have to wait about a week on average to see mine >_> Yeah things can go wrong, but when you're worried and thinking about it a lot, it's an incredibly slim chance, since you are very on the ball compared to someone who would be all carefree and laid back :tongue:

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself! It'll be worth it once you're there :smile:

That's true. They're going to complain that it's not urgent and I should have booked an appointment online or something though. It really does depend on the doctor, the one I try to get appointments with is brilliant, the rest no so much. A week is bad, are there other surgeries near you that you could transfer to? I changed mine when I got back from university because the one that my family uses has a three day wait most of the time.
To be fair as long as I have all the booking confirmations, tickets my passport and medication then there isn't really anything that I couldn't buy if I desperately needed it.
Had my first appointment with adult today. :redface: Was abdolutely terrified. :afraid: But it went okay! :jive: :biggrin: I was able to tell her all that was going on and it was fine and she was absolutely lovely. I made it to the appointment, I was able to tell the receptionist who I was and who I was here to see and I made it home again. :colondollar: Score one to tasha. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
Had my first appointment with adult today. :redface: Was abdolutely terrified. :afraid: But it went okay! :jive: :biggrin: I was able to tell her all that was going on and it was fine and she was absolutely lovely. I made it to the appointment, I was able to tell the receptionist who I was and who I was here to see and I made it home again. :colondollar: Score one to tasha. :tongue:

PRSOM! So proud of you lovely, for saying all that's been going on. Glad it went OK :lovehug:
still no sleep. hurting, a lot :/
Original post by ScaryScience
still no sleep. hurting, a lot :/

Am floating between here and Facebook if you need to talk to someone :console:

:jumphug: :frown: :jumphug:
Reply 348
3 hours sleep, uni work handed in :woo: personal tutor wasnt in boo waiting for the train to set off! Literally like a zombie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
3 hours sleep, uni work handed in :woo: personal tutor wasnt in boo waiting for the train to set off! Literally like a zombie!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done hun! :biggrin:
Reply 350
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done hun! :biggrin:

Feels so much better! Now to get home all i want to do is sleep but i have a flat to tidy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks people who quoted me - appreciate all the support from everyone in here over the last week. Feeling a bit better about the whole E thing now that I've slept on it (managed to not text her). Trying to put it to the back of my mind.

Have phoned up hospital and the therapist will ring me back hopefully soon to rearrange.

:grouphugs: for all

:jumphug: hope you're ok and get sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on handing in your work
I'm so damn useless :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feels so much better! Now to get home all i want to do is sleep but i have a flat to tidy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boo for tidying :afraid:

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
:jumphug: hope you're ok and get sorted

Thanks hun :hugs:

Original post by Odd socks
I'm so damn useless :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's happened?! :jumphug:
Reply 354
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
x

Wut, welcome back! How was bandcamp? :teehee:
Boo for tidying :afraid:

Thanks hun :hugs:

What's happened?! :jumphug:

I didn't go to my exam :frown: because I got too scared because I knew I was gonna fail so my brain was like, if you don't go, it's not like you failed because you're stupid, you failed because you didn't go, so I don't know if that makes sense but I just hid in my room :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WelshBluebird

:frown: :hugs:.
If there's anything that I can help, then by all means PM me ok?

thanks, means a lot! :hugs: hope you are okay yourself!

Original post by purple-duck

Sorry for not replying to this sooner :s-smilie: :hugs:

I'm sorry you had a rough night :frown: Not sure what to advise, but sending :hugs:

Got any meets/socials to look forward to soon?

it's okay, just not been in a great place really, don't know what really can be done but got through the worst night I had in a while so fingers crossed!

not till the 30th :s-smilie: can't go to the conference I wanted to go to now though cause it's too much money (hate being poor!), cheered myself up a little by getting a new cuddly bear though :tongue: (childish I know but I don't care!)

hope you had a nice evening!

---

super tired again today, gonna shower then go my mums for a bit though, my girlfriend is out till later & I don't want to be by myself too much right now, kinda super delicate mood so any triggers whilst on my own would not yield good results :/ get to use my bus pass though which is good, that & music on my phone will make the trip easier (not far thaknfully!)

hope people are okay, thank you to everyone who replied yesterday, really not a good time for me atm but hopefully can get through it!

edit:

there I go worrying nobody replies & forget to include a quote myself :facepalm2:

:hugs: I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Hang on in there hun.

thanks :hugs: i'll be okay as long as I don't get triggered again, or at least if I am I will be okay if I am with someone!
(edited 9 years ago)
Am floating between here and Facebook if you need to talk to someone :console:

thanks hun. don't really have the energy to do much apart from weep in bed right now :getmecoat: might poke you later though if you're still around

Thanks :hugs: am feeling a bit better now. Found a few of his things, which made me smile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks hun. don't really have the energy to do much apart from weep in bed right now :getmecoat: might poke you later though if you're still around

Sure no worries hun :penguinhug:

Original post by bubble999
Thanks :hugs: am feeling a bit better now. Found a few of his things, which made me smile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww, that's good :h:

Original post by Odd socks
I didn't go to my exam :frown: because I got too scared because I knew I was gonna fail so my brain was like, if you don't go, it's not like you failed because you're stupid, you failed because you didn't go, so I don't know if that makes sense but I just hid in my room :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun. That's perfectly reasonable and understandable. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You've given it a shot and done the best you can given your health atm - that is all anyone can and should ask of you :hugs:

Latest