The Student Room Group

Really worried about GCSE results day

Hi guys, only 3 more days ro go and I cant stop thinking about it. I've tried numerous different things I'd usually find enjoyable but none of them are distracting me from the inevitable.

I want to go on to do a levels in English lit, geography and history, but my sixth form said that I require a minimum of a grade B in english language, and although I recieved this in the mock, I do not think I was so lucky in the actual exam. Also, my geography did not go to well. My coursework was an A* and the sdme went ok, but my main exam I messed up on and I ned a b overall. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Also, my maths teacher left in Novemeber and we were stuck with HLTA's and had to self teach each other. It is for this reason that I think I got a D in maths.

What do I do? My sixth form will not let me do my course if I dont get the grades and I cant stop thinkin about it, and believe me I've tried!
Reply 1
Original post by fungirl16
Hi guys, only 3 more days ro go and I cant stop thinking about it. I've tried numerous different things I'd usually find enjoyable but none of them are distracting me from the inevitable.

I want to go on to do a levels in English lit, geography and history, but my sixth form said that I require a minimum of a grade B in english language, and although I recieved this in the mock, I do not think I was so lucky in the actual exam. Also, my geography did not go to well. My coursework was an A* and the sdme went ok, but my main exam I messed up on and I ned a b overall. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Also, my maths teacher left in Novemeber and we were stuck with HLTA's and had to self teach each other. It is for this reason that I think I got a D in maths.

What do I do? My sixth form will not let me do my course if I dont get the grades and I cant stop thinkin about it, and believe me I've tried!

i know it is hard but try not to think about it. there is nothing you can do about it now anyway. just wait for your results, you never know they could be better than what you are thinking of right now. but if they are not then you could think about retaking some gcse's that you need. don't know about your's but my sixth form did let some people in onto A levels there who had just missed the requirements anyway so you may have nothing to worry about in any case.
Reply 2
What I try to do when I over think things is think to myself:

1. Can I do anything about it?
2. If yes, then let me think of what to do. If no, then why am I worrying about it?
3. Find a distraction that is not related and realise that things happen, in the end it'll all work out.
Reply 3
2days:s-smilie: if you don't count thursday

Quick Reply

Latest