The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

silly sarah decided it would be a good idea to drink a whole caffetiere of coffee (3 giant mugs), after not having coffee for a looooong time. now all shaky and jittery, like, the amount of typos I've had to correct typing this out is crazy. just ran around the kitchen tidying it up whilst lip-syncing to miley cyrus. #caffeine
Original post by Team_McDreamy
silly sarah decided it would be a good idea to drink a whole caffetiere of coffee (3 giant mugs), after not having coffee for a looooong time. now all shaky and jittery, like, the amount of typos I've had to correct typing this out is crazy. just ran around the kitchen tidying it up whilst lip-syncing to miley cyrus. #caffeine

you div. As long as you don't sit in the kitchen and start bawling because you can't sit still....
Parents sent me a card saying congrats on my new job and it was so nice of them but then next week I'm gonna wreck everything by telling them how I've been lying to them for ages :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Wut, welcome back! How was bandcamp? :teehee:

I am still on break from life so my posts at best will be sporadic. Still abroad and going travelling :smile:
Reply 364
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I am still on break from life so my posts at best will be sporadic. Still abroad and going travelling :smile:

Not good enough! Nah really, enjoy the travel :smile:
so apparently I have to be in contact with crisis team again. ffs. I literally give up.
Original post by ScaryScience
so apparently I have to be in contact with crisis team again. ffs. I literally give up.

hugging.

Big hugs lovely. :frown: :hugs:
Spent time doing some maths preparing for my maths course starting soon.

Really happy because I struggle to concentrate and I done quite a lot and learnt things. :smile:

Do the crisis team actually do anything to help you get better, or do they just try to keep you safe? :console:
Original post by samba
Not good enough! Nah really, enjoy the travel :smile:

I decided to be impulsive and only booked stuff yesterday so it will be interesting how next few days pan out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Still alternating between 'automatic pilot' and 'curl up and cry' mode. :cry2: I dont know how to break myself out of it. :frown: Any tips?
Original post by .snowflake.
hugging.

:penguinhug:

Original post by tasha96
Big hugs lovely. :frown: :hugs:

:jumphug:

Original post by Meaty_man
Do the crisis team actually do anything to help you get better, or do they just try to keep you safe? :console:

They do nothing but get me irritated. Always saying they will come at one time and then turn up 2 hours later, just to delve into everything in excruciating detail, to the point where I badly dissociate. When I don't respond and look vacant they then ask me I I've 'taken anything' to which point I tell them no and that I want them to leave me alone. And then they say '... but why?' and I'm like FFS JUST GO AWAY :mad: and then they hate me. Is basically the story. Every time. They are so irritating and unhelpful. And then when you call them because you're in full on meltdown mode and feel like you can't possibly exist for a second longer, they tell you to get a drink. :facepalm:
Can't do this any more :frown: I didn't go to my exam earlier and I'm mad at myself and now I'm worried that people hate me and my skin is so bad I look disgusting my neck is literally covered in scaly patches and open cuts from my eczema and nothing helps I cover myself in moisturiser constantly but it doesn't help I'm such a failure and a disappointment to my family and everyone around me I should just go away to save everyone the hassle

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do nothing but get me irritated. Always saying they will come at one time and then turn up 2 hours later, just to delve into everything in excruciating detail, to the point where I badly dissociate. When I don't respond and look vacant they then ask me I I've 'taken anything' to which point I tell them no and that I want them to leave me alone. And then they say '... but why?' and I'm like FFS JUST GO AWAY :mad: and then they hate me. Is basically the story. Every time. They are so irritating and unhelpful. And then when you call them because you're in full on meltdown mode and feel like you can't possibly exist for a second longer, they tell you to get a drink. :facepalm:

It sounds like it's a bunch of people with no knowledge of mental health whatsoever...which is shocking considering they are supposed to be a "crisis" team...

Have you ever thought of mentioning how useless they are to their higher ups? Or are they just as useless? If the crisis team are making you feel worse you shouldn't be forced to deal with them :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
Can't do this any more :frown: I didn't go to my exam earlier and I'm mad at myself and now I'm worried that people hate me and my skin is so bad I look disgusting my neck is literally covered in scaly patches and open cuts from my eczema and nothing helps I cover myself in moisturiser constantly but it doesn't help I'm such a failure and a disappointment to my family and everyone around me I should just go away to save everyone the hassle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nope nope. :nah:

You're far to awesome to be feeling as bad as you are. :frown: I'm sorry you're hurting lovely. :hugs:

Nobody hates you (certainly not on here!)- you're brilliant. :yep: And I wouldn't just say that! You dont have a bad word to say about anyone, and you always manage to make me smile, no matter how **** I'm feeling. You're not a failure or a disapointment AT ALL. You didn't manage the exam because you're not well. That's no reflection on you as a person or your commitment or brains or anything else. You're not well hun- try to think of what you'd think/say to someone else in your position? :smile: :hugs: If they had flu or something you wouldn't expect them to be able to sit the exam! It's just the same. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone worthwhile isn't going to hate you for problems that aren't your fault :console: Do the uni know about your problems? If so they definitely will be more lenient.

If your neck worries you a lot, perhaps you could wear a scarf? Or even a hoodie if it gives you the confidence you need.

You sound like you're in a bad place atm, and it's understandable :console: Just try to knock back the negative thoughts, even if its just a little.
I was about to go out for a run/workout/whatever, then it got cloudy, windy and looks like it's going to rain and decided agianst it. Why am I so fair-weather? :redface:
Reply 378
Come accross so many rude nasty young people today :cry2: im ashamed to be a youth worker :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
It sounds like it's a bunch of people with no knowledge of mental health whatsoever...which is shocking considering they are supposed to be a "crisis" team...

Have you ever thought of mentioning how useless they are to their higher ups? Or are they just as useless? If the crisis team are making you feel worse you shouldn't be forced to deal with them :hugs:

They really don't. The people I saw in my university city were even more horrendous and made me feel 10 times worse. horrible horrible. They don't even listen to what you're saying and it's so frustrating. the thing is, i'm always the one that's wrong because I have MH problems... when I tell GPs that they are crap, they try and defend them and make me feel bad. im just done with MH services, getting help was the worst thing I ever did.

Latest