The Student Room Group

AS results, coursework problems?

Hello, I hope you all got the results you were hoping to achieve.

As the days pass since I received my AS results, it has certainly given me some much needed thinking time (and some cool down time!).
As happy as I was with my BCC in the exams I took and revised extremely hard for and the B I achieved in my biology practical (let's forget about the U in the exam), I couldn't help but get brought down by my overall grades. I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else...

All through my AS year I had been doing coursework for health and social care, it was handed in at regular check points, every 3 weeks or so, so my lecturer could mark and tell me what to improve, she gave the class a sheet of what to include within the work which we all done. Anyway, I had been given C's on both of my coursework pieces through the whole year which I myself was happy with, so I was content with possibly obtaining a good overall grade for health and social care, but as I opened my letter and saw 'E' staring at me next to that subject, I couldn't help but be rather pissed off. I read further down the list to see how this could have possibly happened seeing as I was happy with how the exam went and the C's I had received all year only to find that my work had been moderated and graded as U's. Over the period of that day I couldn't help but get angry at how my lecturer, as lovely as she is, could possibly over mark me by so many grades, if I had known that my work was a U I would have improved it as guided, but I was led to believe that they were C's. The college had told me that it was a 'learning curve' as it has happened to a few in our class as well, a learning curve at my expense? No thank you. The college had also said that i knew it was to be moderated and it was bound to change, when I hear that I think maybe a grade down, not a leap down. I know it's my fault for obviously not doing good coursework, I've never been good at that anyway, but am I being silly and putting the blame on something else when I was led to believe it was C's and I was achieving? Anyone else have this happen to them?
Sorry for the long winded essay, I'm just annoyed at how I've done well in my exams and put so much work into it to find out my work was extremely over-graded meaning myself and my family become disappointed in me.
Reply 1
Sounds horrible, moderation should never drop it down that much your teacher did lead you to believe you did better than you did but you can't change it now, just move on and focus and try really hard to improve during A2. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
Sounds horrible, moderation should never drop it down that much your teacher did lead you to believe you did better than you did but you can't change it now, just move on and focus and try really hard to improve during A2. Good luck

Yes I definitely will focus and try for A2, this has made me more determined! Just annoying, but thanks :-)

Quick Reply

Latest