The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imadinosaur2213
I think the marking this year has been so messed up.

You're like me, but with history where mine is politics. Im not sure if I'll be happy or angry if my remark comes back much better...

I'm not sure, I hope it does so I don't have to resit it but I'll be so annoyed cause they could have given me a better mark to begin with...
Original post by maiisiie08
I'm not sure, I hope it does so I don't have to resit it but I'll be so annoyed cause they could have given me a better mark to begin with...

I'm already going to be resitting 2 maths papers, even though I was getting A's in the past papers.

If I have to resit politics too, bye bye social life.
I'm already going to be resitting 2 maths papers, even though I was getting A's in the past papers.

If I have to resit politics too, bye bye social life.

Can't be dealing with resits, I might end up doing more exams than I did this year and I will have dropped a subject... -_-
Original post by maiisiie08
Can't be dealing with resits, I might end up doing more exams than I did this year and I will have dropped a subject... -_-

I'll be doing 11 exams this year. 5 maths, 5 physics, 1 English.
I think having a job where I worked both days at the weekend, and wasn't able to have study leave until after my exams started didn't help.

I only did 9 exams this year... and I need an A* in English overall just to have at least one A*.
OK i need help.
I was happy about my A2 results A*AB and i got into my firm at Nottingham to study chemistry, however my history teacher was upset with my B,thinking i would get an A. He has offered to get the paper back and pay for a remark but im worried about dropping a grade. Humanities subjects can be quite subjective and if the grade drops will my place at uni be lost?
My English went down six marks :frown: I didn't drop a grade though.
Original post by llamaspoon
My English went down six marks :frown: I didn't drop a grade though.

Ahh that's annoying, I'm sorry :frown: which exam board was this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am four marks less to get an A for physics edexcel igcse should i give it for a remark?
Original post by football1212
i am four marks less to get an A for physics edexcel igcse should i give it for a remark?

You could, my brother did with his igcses and they went up. But it is only GCSE, most unis won't look at them. So it would be a waste of money when you already have a B
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kangarooblue
Ahh that's annoying, I'm sorry :frown: which exam board was this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA.
Original post by james elverson
OK i need help.
I was happy about my A2 results A*AB and i got into my firm at Nottingham to study chemistry, however my history teacher was upset with my B,thinking i would get an A. He has offered to get the paper back and pay for a remark but im worried about dropping a grade. Humanities subjects can be quite subjective and if the grade drops will my place at uni be lost?

Since you've already made it into your firm there really isn't much point in getting a remark for your history paper and risk dropping a grade. I mean what would you gain if you went up a grade?
Can anybody post edexcel igcse 2014 june grade boundaries link
i will be very grateful
edexcel igcse how long would it take them for remarking?when will i get my results?
Reply 53
one mark away from A* in Edexcel IGCSE maths :angry: if I ask for a remark, there is no chance of the grade dropping from the A, right?
Did anyone send their paper for re marking?
did their grades change?in 2014
edexcel or cambridge?
Original post by kangarooblue
I'm remarking CHEM4 - just 4 raw marks from an A*! My medical school place depends on it. Are you going for a priority or standard remark?

Where are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by football1212
Can anybody post edexcel igcse 2014 june grade boundaries link
i will be very grateful

http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/International-GCSE/1406_International_GCSE_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

For some of our Edexcel International GCSE subjects, more than one version of each exam paper was available this summer. Countries that are between 5 and 9 hours ahead of the UK will have used exam papers specific to that time-zone. These are indicated in the grade boundaries with an ‘R’ after the paper number.
Reply 57
I wouldn't remark the physics because it could go down due to the long answer questions.

Also, my brother got into a uni requesting AAA on CCD (not in clearing either) . You may still get a place for deferred entry, have you phoned up the uni and asked?

I'm thinking of emailing UCL, but I'm confused about what I should say to them
Original post by LexiGold
I'm thinking of emailing UCL, but I'm confused about what I should say to them

Just ask them if it's possible to hold your place for deferred entry (and give a valid reason! ... Money issues will probably be the best) ? They may be completely fine with it :smile:

If not, ask about reapplying.

You may be better phoning to get an instant response...
Does your school call you when they get your remark back or does the exam board update the website? Obviously presuming I received my results online in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest