The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

English at Leicester - 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Heyy! studying English single honours and I'm so excited :biggrin: this summer seems to have gone so slow!!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Salvadawe
Heyy! studying English single honours and I'm so excited :biggrin: this summer seems to have gone so slow!!

Cool, nice to meet you! :smile: I know, I just want Uni to be here now!
Original post by tylerjohn96
Cool, nice to meet you! :smile: I know, I just want Uni to be here now!

You too! :smile: Have you started any of the reading yet??

Currently half way through Jane Eyre; thought I'd get the longest over and done with first, then tackle the others! Have you? :smile:
Currently half way through Jane Eyre; thought I'd get the longest over and done with first, then tackle the others! Have you? :smile:

Ah, I've already read Jane Eyre as I did it for my A2 coursework but apart from that nope. The plan is to start the turn of the screw tomorrow! (Hopefully haha)
Ah, I've already read Jane Eyre as I did it for my A2 coursework but apart from that nope. The plan is to start the turn of the screw tomorrow! (Hopefully haha)

Lucky you! It's a beast of a novel hahah. Turn of the Screw is my next one, I think, seeing as that's the first book we study. Do you have Facebook?
Lucky you! It's a beast of a novel hahah. Turn of the Screw is my next one, I think, seeing as that's the first book we study. Do you have Facebook?

I know right haha, was so happy when I saw it on the reading list! Yep, I'll pm you :smile:
I know right haha, was so happy when I saw it on the reading list! Yep, I'll pm you :smile:

Hahah, okay dokey! :smile:
Reply 28

I'm just reading The Turn of the Screw but I've brought them all now so time to get cracking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
English and History here :smile:
Original post by Llanijg
I'm just reading The Turn of the Screw but I've brought them all now so time to get cracking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've got most of them now, ooh how is it? :smile:
Reply 31
Yeah I've got most of them now, ooh how is it? :smile:

I'm enjoying it, it's very tense and it's really short which is good lol. I'm thinking of doing Jane Eyre next, is it good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llanijg
I'm enjoying it, it's very tense and it's really short which is good lol. I'm thinking of doing Jane Eyre next, is it good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's very good compared to Jane Eyre that is so much bigger! I did really like it though, I think it's a good one for the course since there's so much to talk about! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Rororoda
I'm doing English and History :h:

Very excited aha

Have you been able to register for the course on 'mystudentrecord' yet?
Reply 34
Original post by EB2014
Have you been able to register for the course on 'mystudentrecord' yet?

No, have you?

I thought you had to register with the uni first and thats only possible when you've paid the first tuition fee installment in september?
Reply 35
No, have you?

I thought you had to register with the uni first and thats only possible when you've paid the first tuition fee installment in september?

Nope, haven't been able to either so we probably do have to wait till then, I have no idea though. Was just confused about what it was so thought better check I hadn't missed anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
I'm doing English and History :h:

Very excited aha

I'm studying English and History at Uni of Leicester too!
Reply 37
Original post by EB2014
English and History here :smile:

I'm English and History too:smile:
Reply 38
Original post by _Shannon
I'm studying English and History at Uni of Leicester too!

Yay! Have you done any prep for the course? Those English students above us already reading novels aha thinking maybe I should try and prepare some. :redface:
Reply 39
Yay! Have you done any prep for the course? Those English students above us already reading novels aha thinking maybe I should try and prepare some. :redface:

Not yet, as only found the reading list today (better late than never). I've ordered the beast of the poetry anthology off of ebay as that seems to be the only thing for semester one for us which is a definite. How about you two? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending