The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Just watch out for the me speaking entirely in capitals :tongue:

Haha :lol: Must be getting on with my essay now, I did two sentences yesterday :teehee:
Original post by Black Rose
Haha :lol: Must be getting on with my essay now, I did two sentences yesterday :teehee:

Wow, that's a lot! :redface:
I've managed to write out one of my presentations in English, now I need to turn it into French :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
Wow, that's a lot! :redface:
I've managed to write out one of my presentations in English, now I need to turn it into French :tongue:

I know :lol:
That's gonna be hard :mmm: Would be for me anyway :lol: Guessing you're taking it for a level then?
Original post by PaulHugh
I'm 5'11 and still growing :biggrin:

Ah wow! I'd like to grow a bit more. I think I'm 5'8/9 :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
It is tall, but not freakish :redface:

It's probably your eyes, the eyes say it all :ninja:

Yaaay :tongue:

I agree. :yep:

Oooh... Oo.oO

I haven't thought of one yet. You will be informed of it soon though. :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose

It doesn't usually take up to 5 hours :lol: I think it was because of the disruptions here we had that made it longer :yep: Next time I'll put the timer on :mmm:

No one thinks I'm 15, I got mistaken for someone in Year 8 a while ago :unimpressed:

Yep we'll have to do that! :laugh:

Really, why do you think so? :redface:
Original post by Mr...
Yep :yep:

Spoiler

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that a response to the part where I said I got mistaken for someone in year 8? I guess it's because I'm short, only 5ft :sad:
I'm 5'11 and still growing :biggrin:

That's massive
Hey everybody and welcome to the new thread! We are finally in Year 10… :woo:

Firstly, I'm very sorry for the delay! :colondollar: On a better note we reached 100 pages on the last thread. We are... EPIC. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Secondly, everyone is welcome but don’t be rude (that includes lots of spamming) nor rude to other members please.

Thirdly, if you are in Year 10 (1999/2000) please feel free to join our group! All details are there. Here is the link-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2726

Some resources-

Spoiler

To break the ice…
- Introduce yourself!
- What subjects are you taking?
- What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11? (You don’t have to answer at all, nothing is probably concrete anyway as we’re only in Year 10 :biggrin:)
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- How do you feel about going into Year 10?
- (If you’d like) Favourite smiley?

My Reply-

Spoiler

Thank you
karmacrunch xx
PS. Please tell me if I have missed anything or if you want to suggest any ideas just quote me!

:grouphugs:

9 Members from the Year thread:

Hello my name's Pat but my tsr name is Chemister :biggrin: I'm home schooled as I have mental health issues. I live in London and I am 14

What subjects am I taking? Maths, Double Science, English, IGCSE Chemistry and Physics, Graphics and Food+Nutrition.

Which isn't a lot but it's enough to do A-level :smile:

What do I want to do after year 11? A-Level Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I'm not sure what I want to do at uni yet, perhaps Natural Science or Chemical Engineering.

What are my interests and hobbies?

My interests include Chemistry, other Sciences, Graphics- I use adobe softwares quite a lot, Sports and Fitness.

My hobbies include Squash, Fitness ( Circuit training in particular) , using softwares and going to the local cinema.
Ah wow! I'd like to grow a bit more. I think I'm 5'8/9 :tongue:

I agree. :yep:

Oooh... Oo.oO

I haven't thought of one yet. You will be informed of it soon though. :tongue:

Yep we'll have to do that! :laugh:

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got a good two years to grow. I reckon my final height will be 6'5
Original post by Chemister
That's massive

Nahh not yet :P how tall are you?
Nahh not yet :P how tall are you?

Like 5'2
Original post by Mr...
Wabble?

Sorry no. I have to finish tidying my room... :tongue:
Hello my name's Pat but my tsr name is Chemister :biggrin: I'm home schooled as I have mental health issues. I live in London and I am 14

What subjects am I taking? Maths, Double Science, English, IGCSE Chemistry and Physics, Graphics and Food+Nutrition.

Which isn't a lot but it's enough to do A-level :smile:

What do I want to do after year 11? A-Level Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I'm not sure what I want to do at uni yet, perhaps Natural Science or Chemical Engineering.

What are my interests and hobbies?

My interests include Chemistry, other Sciences, Graphics- I use adobe softwares quite a lot, Sports and Fitness.

My hobbies include Squash, Fitness ( Circuit training in particular) , using softwares and going to the local cinema.

Hi Pat, I'm karmacrunch! I like chemistry too and I did notice your username :biggrin:

We have a few people who are doing graphics so give a shout-out and you guys should be able to help each other! Your options will be fine and I'm sure that with hard work you'll do well! ^_^

Similar A-Level choices and I want to do Natural science too. I think that ChemEng sounds like an amazing degree and job!

I like squash but I had to stop this year! I was too busy, I did it for a bit though. I'd learn how to play again if I got the chance!

Welcome again to :tsr:!

You've got a good two years to grow. I reckon my final height will be 6'5

Wow! :O I know someone that is about 6'6 so I know that 6'5 is VERY tall! Your parents must be really tall! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Wabble?

I've got to do my essay :sadnod:

Hi Pat, I'm karmacrunch! I like chemistry too and I did notice your username :biggrin:

We have a few people who are doing graphics so give a shout-out and you guys should be able to help each other! Your options will be fine and I'm sure that with hard work you'll do well! ^_^

Similar A-Level choices and I want to do Natural science too. I think that ChemEng sounds like an amazing degree and job!

I like squash but I had to stop this year! I was too busy, I did it for a bit though. I'd learn how to play again if I got the chance!

Wow! :O I know someone that is about 6'6 so I know that 6'5 is VERY tall! Your parents must be really tall! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet they'd be good at basketball :biggrin:
I think I get it from my mum :smile:
Hi Connor! Welcome again! I'm taking Geography too, do you know which board you're on? Paul likes geology too and he's taking it for GCSE. Ask if you have any Qs! :smile:

Architecture is such a amazing line of work. Some buildings you see are incredible.

Hi Karmacrunch, I'm doing AQA exam board :smile: You can do geology for GCSE, that is so awesome!!! Thanks some buildings make me so happy. I also love the proses of designing and its something I really want to learn more about. I love thinking of creative ideas then drawing them out to get a perspective of how they would look if constructed. Geolergy bleeds into that interest as I love the envornment and natural materials :smile:
I bet they'd be good at basketball :biggrin:
I think I get it from my mum :smile:

They probably would yes! Then again height isn't everything in basketball (it's pretty helpful though). :tongue:
Ah wow! She must be very tall! ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would love to get involved

Do you have any specific unis in mind?

Yeah a degree in Chemical Engineering can get you straight in to the industry if the course is accredited by the institute of Chemical Engineering. And its one of the highest paying graduate jobs.

Did you compete? I have competed in a few opens, the British junior championships and I am ranked 78th for the u15s.
Is it normally this quiet?

I think this thread was made yesterday, though i did appear to be a lot more active :biggrin:

I think this thread was made yesterday, though i did appear to be a lot more active :biggrin:

Sorry guys! I've just looked through posts and most people are offline :tongue:
You can chat or look at other threads. As you like the sciences you can discuss as well? Anything really! :biggrin:
Have you joined any other social groups? ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, on a good/bad (depending on how you see it :tongue: ) day, the thread is filled with accusations from karmacrunch to Mr... and vice versa :redface:
I'm guessing that everyone's just busy.

Latest