Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Anybody near to Richmond Park P.3 flat 16? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Deevika
I have applied for Oak house but haven't heard anything about it? Little worried as people are saying they are receiving there accommodation. Anyone else applied for Oak House?

I applied for Oak basic, Oak basin and Sheavyn but that was only two or so weeks ago and still haven't heard anything about it. I assume we'll get information soon.
Original post by Katie373
Just got my accommodation offer from Denmark Road in the City Centre. None of the three I applied to so am a little worried as I wanted to stay in Fallowfield. Has anyone else received an offer from there yet? Does anyone know if it's a nice place to stay. Would really appreciate the help.

hey! i've been placed in denmark rd as well and I didn't get any of my choices! I really want to move to different accommodation but apparently its not possible to do so. Do you know whether its going to be only university of manchester student or if its MMU and uni of salford also?
Original post by pineapple78
hey! i've been placed in denmark rd as well and I didn't get any of my choices! I really want to move to different accommodation but apparently its not possible to do so. Do you know whether its going to be only university of manchester student or if its MMU and uni of salford also?

Denmark Road is UoM only, as are all the other university-owned halls. You do have the option of applying for a transfer in October if you still aren't happy with your accommodation. There's some info here: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/current-students/transfersandwithdrawal/
Reply 2204
Just got my accommodation offer from Denmark Road in the City Centre. None of the three I applied to so am a little worried as I wanted to stay in Fallowfield. Has anyone else received an offer from there yet? Does anyone know if it's a nice place to stay. Would really appreciate the help.

I just got my offer for Denmark Rd aswell - little worried about what it's like.
Dyu know if there's anyway to change before October? :confused:
Reply 2205
Ugh, I just got placed into hulme hall which is catered ;_; I've sent an email to see what can be done about it. I realise now I might have accidentally put it as a choice... But that doesn't help that I can't eat at normal times and catering would be useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kamila21
Got my accommodation today and I'm in Fallowfield, Ashburne Hall. Not sure how I feel about this, I seriously didn't want a catered halls. Does anyone know how likely I am to change my accomodation at this stage if I ring the accomodation services tomorrow? Or anyone else in Ashburne? :colondollar:

I'm in Ashburne but I'm not catered
Original post by SophieLaw_
I'm in Ashburne but I'm not catered

I thought all of Ashburne was catered?
Original post by Matzoux
Opal Gardens for me in hall flat [mod note: please don't post your address on the internet], someone else ? :smile:

Hey I'm Opal Gardens as well PB.02.07, which flat are you?
Hey, i've just been given my accomodation offer for Denmark Road in city centre. Didnt actually put it as any of my choices but it looks really nice! Would like to find some of my flat mates, does any know if there are any fb pages for Denmark Road halls?? :smile:
Original post by Stephanie172
Hey, i've just been given my accomodation offer for Denmark Road in city centre. Didnt actually put it as any of my choices but it looks really nice! Would like to find some of my flat mates, does any know if there are any fb pages for Denmark Road halls?? :smile:

Don't know about your halls, but for mine if I click the link, there's then one to the fb group. :smile:

http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/welcomeweek
Just got my offer-

I'm at Fallowfield, Owens Park
T4.09.19

EXCITED
anyone in victoria hall? :smile:
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I thought all of Ashburne was catered?

I didn't apply for Ashburne only just seen its catered :frown: oh well!
Anyone here living in Denmark Road? Just got my offer and a little disappointed as I wanted to be in Fallowfield. Would be nice to know someone in Denmark Road before I go to put my mind at ease as I'm a little worried about living in the city campus as I'm not sure what to expect. Thanks.

Hi! I'm exactly the same, really wanted fallowfield :frown:. Slightly worried about how good Denmark Road is socially
Original post by Spelled
I applied for Oak basic, Oak basin and Sheavyn but that was only two or so weeks ago and still haven't heard anything about it. I assume we'll get information soon.

So far no-one on here has been declined from oak house which is a plus, I applied for Oak basic, then basin too! Fingers crossed
Reply 2216
Hey guys I got my accommodation in opal gardens on the ground floor n was wondering if anyone knew if this was an all males floor or if its mixed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyanne1996
anyone in victoria hall? :smile:

Me
Original post by FG_x
Hey guys I got my accommodation in opal gardens on the ground floor n was wondering if anyone knew if this was an all males floor or if its mixed

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only halls that are all-male on the ground floor, that I know of, is Whitworth Park.
Reply 2219
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
The only halls that are all-male on the ground floor, that I know of, is Whitworth Park.

Ok Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending