The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Social Work at Magee 2014

Hi! I'm heading to Magee this year to study the three year social work degree! Anyone in the same boat?:smile:
Reply 1
Hi I'm doing the three year degree also. Really nervous as I don't know anyone plus I'm a mature student also!
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mum0909
Hi I'm doing the three year degree also. Really nervous as I don't know anyone plus I'm a mature student also!

Yeah you were in the Queens Social Work chat I think weren't you? I don't know anyone either so we're in the same boat! I'm sure we'll meet loads at induction but all three social work degrees are in the same room so I don't know how that's going to work!
Reply 3
Hiiii:smile: am heading to magee to do social work 3year! Mature student also, gna b disaster trying gt bk to student life!!! Hoping to travel nstead f living there. Heard its intense course!
Reply 4
Hey, I'm starting the three year social work course next week too! Nervous but can't wait to get started at the same time! Are you's travelling or living down there ?
Reply 5
Hi Julz, am travelling at the moment. Wat about u? Be a long trek as am about hour an half r so away! Did u see the template timetable?? In weds,thurs,fri atm an mon/tues presentation work days etc.
Reply 6
Hi guys...im doin the 5 year part time course....im a mature student also and travelling up from portadown ...lookin forward to gettin registration/induction nxt week....tho i had a bit of an accident over the summer and shattered my ankle and im still in cast until nxt wed lol....just my luck !
Hi I'm also starting the three year social work course! Can't wait to get started!! :smile: Has anyone received any information regarding timetables or will we receive these on Monday? Plus does anybody know if the induction modules at 10.30am and 11.15am are compulsory? I have my driving test on Monday at 11am in Omagh so will probably miss these!
Reply 8
Hi , i would say that are compulsory but would do no harm to ring up and explain??? I got a draft timetable and says in weds thurs an fri an mon an tues are preparations days???

Have u tried register with NISCC yet,, u need ur reg number in order apply 4 bursary?? I jt downloaded forum today its like 40pages!!!!
Original post by Lucindz
Hi , i would say that are compulsory but would do no harm to ring up and explain??? I got a draft timetable and says in weds thurs an fri an mon an tues are preparations days???

Have u tried register with NISCC yet,, u need ur reg number in order apply 4 bursary?? I jt downloaded forum today its like 40pages!!!!

Already registered with the NISCC for the past two years, the most pointless waste of money if you ask me but I suppose it is compulsory for most jobs in the social care field! Don't worry too much about what you put in the form apparently they don't even read through it!
Reply 10
Original post by cbyrne2013
Already registered with the NISCC for the past two years, the most pointless waste of money if you ask me but I suppose it is compulsory for most jobs in the social care field! Don't worry too much about what you put in the form apparently they don't even read through it!

Aww happy days then!!! U living up or travelling??
Reply 11
I'm travelling too, it's about an hour journey for me too, where abouts are you's coming from? has our timetable got many early mornings? Did they email you a time table? I'm reading through all the stuff we need for Monday, and it's something to do with financial assessment or something, anyone any idea what that is?

Getting slightly nervous now for Monday but were all in the same boat :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Julz-
I'm travelling too, it's about an hour journey for me too, where abouts are you's coming from? has our timetable got many early mornings? Did they email you a time table? I'm reading through all the stuff we need for Monday, and it's something to do with financial assessment or something, anyone any idea what that is?

Getting slightly nervous now for Monday but were all in the same boat :smile:

Hey Julz, am coming from Fermanagh so bot hour n 45 u think i duno lol yes they emailed me a timetable and atm its two 9 starts and a 10? Financial assesment i would assume is ur student finance letter and what ur getting? B gud to gt clearer pic f everything monday!
Reply 13
Can't wait to get a clearer picture is right! I haven't heard back from finance or anything.. Ah well.. That's an awful long drive for you indeed😨
Reply 14
Original post by Julz-
Can't wait to get a clearer picture is right! I haven't heard back from finance or anything.. Ah well.. That's an awful long drive for you indeed😨

Aknw but wil give driving go first and then mayb stay up 2nyt in BnB nearer the bad weather. Well that's the plan neway lol av u not?? Try giving them a jingle but everyone's in the same boat so shud be understanding, think u can register to check online with them too so u know how much money ur gettin?

Quick Reply

Latest