The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blamethenargles
I have student discount there! I could happily spend all my money on pretty notebooks and cool pens

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I :tongue: I think one of the things I'm going to enjoy most about going to uni is buying ALL THE NEW STATIONERY!

Original post by O133
I finished mine off last week in the French supermarkets, where they have the range of a WHSmith (maybe not quite Ryman) at the price of a Tesco.

:excited: It's not just me who has a thing about French supermarkets! I went to France last year, and my mum and I (who are both massive stationery geeks) spent about an hour in the stationery section.
Original post by Georgiecat
So do I :tongue: I think one of the things I'm going to enjoy most about going to uni is buying ALL THE NEW STATIONERY!

:excited: It's not just me who has a thing about French supermarkets! I went to France last year, and my mum and I (who are both massive stationery geeks) spent about an hour in the stationery section.

The way to my heart is though good pencils and funky rulers. Also rainbow glue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
French supermarkets?

Did they have the super sales before school? My teacher told us about those

Oh yes! Because there's no school uniform all of the sales for la rentrée are stationery-based.

Going to the supermarket is one of the best parts of a holiday. It's the quirks, like the smell (ahh!) and putting the cooked sausage for dogs in with the cooked meats for humans (not so nice).
Original post by O133
Oh yes! Because there's no school uniform all of the sales for la rentrée are stationery-based.

Going to the supermarket is one of the best parts of a holiday. It's the quirks, like the smell (ahh!) and putting the cooked sausage for dogs in with the cooked meats for humans (not so nice).

Ah c'est ça! :biggrin:

I want to visit France :redface:
Evenin' :yawn:
Ah c'est ça! :biggrin:

I want to visit France :redface:

We're planning next year's family holiday now and by the sound of it it'll be German supermarkets for me to get my fix in. Not quite so good, especially seeing as somewhere like Aldi is considered a fairly upmarket supermarket there. (But they have potato salad, and Milka bars at 90 cents each, and the reverse vending machines, I want to go back to Germany NOW!)
I am wanting to do Chemistry at Uni anyone else the same message me. Or say what you are wanting to do?
Original post by O133
We're planning next year's family holiday now and by the sound of it it'll be German supermarkets for me to get my fix in. Not quite so good, especially seeing as somewhere like Aldi is considered a fairly upmarket supermarket there. (But they have potato salad, and Milka bars at 90 cents each, and the reverse vending machines, I want to go back to Germany NOW!)

hahahaha sounds good aber ich kann nicht Deustch sprechen
The way to my heart is though good pencils and funky rulers. Also rainbow glue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rainbow glue is the best. Also glitter.

Original post by O133

And silently judging the countries for the quality of their supermarkets :P
hahahaha sounds good aber ich kann nicht Deustch sprechen

Nor me! My mum is the only one with any German (although I'm looking at doing it ab initio at uni).
Original post by O133
Nor me! My mum is the only one with any German (although I'm looking at doing it ab initio at uni).

Oh nice! I wanna go into a country where my language is meh, to improve it.
Original post by O133

I want to study German ab initio too! My Grandmother came from Germany, I'm about 1/6 German.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And silently judging the countries for the quality of their supermarkets :P

The French ones can be a bit variable, but not as bad as the Germans. If you're that wealthy as a country you don't need the cheapest and nastiest supermarket that's still legal. (Thankfully some of them are half decent though.)
I want to study German ab initio too! My Grandmother came from Germany, I'm about 1/6 German.

That's a sixth more than me! What language are you doing alongside it?

Oh nice! I wanna go into a country where my language is meh, to improve it.

Well, the Germans don't have the most patient of cultures so we found that sometimes it was easier to go straight for English (which they all seemed to speak very well).
Original post by O133

Well, the Germans don't have the most patient of cultures so we found that sometimes it was easier to go straight for English (which they all seemed to speak very well).

Spanish! :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spanish! :-D

I could do that, but I'm much more tempted to do French.
Original post by O133

Original post by O133
I could do that, but I'm much more tempted to do French.

meh, I'd choose Spanish :colone:

That's coming from someone who does French A2 and no qualifications in Spanish!

Germans are lame
meh, I'd choose Spanish :colone:

That's coming from someone who does French A2 and no qualifications in Spanish!

Germans are lame

hah im german and i think german is **** id say learn french or spanish instead :') but german people are obviously amazing except the ones from down south :wink:
Original post by Meli.Hardege
hah im german and i think german is **** id say learn french or spanish instead :') but german people are obviously amazing except the ones from down south :wink:

Ja ja ja

Spanish flows nicest and is the one for me atm (Italian is enticing too)

But I'll always have a space for French, it was my first :mmm:

:lol: does anyone get the subtle analogy?
Ja ja ja

Spanish flows nicest and is the one for me atm (Italian is enticing too)

But I'll always have a space for French, it was my first :mmm:

:lol: does anyone get the subtle analogy?

hahah French was my first too :wink: I really want to learn Chinese, mix things up a bit :')

i've been bilingual my entire life so i don't count german as being a language i learnt :smile:

Latest