The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5852/chicken-jalfrezi

Doing this :cool:

Btw when I said starter, I meant as in the things you'd eat before the main course or just appetisers, like not the actual curry. Can do onion bhajis and Bombay potatoes, would like to learn some more recipes, you got any?

Chicken tikka mate!

There's a really cool recipe that works and I took it from an indian cooking book my mum brought from the library, I will pm you the recipe page of the chicken tikka as a photo.

Onion bhajis are a good intro into learning how to do good indian starters imo! How did they turn out?
Original post by James A
Chicken tikka mate!

There's a really cool recipe that works and I took it from an indian cooking book my mum brought from the library, I will pm you the recipe page of the chicken tikka as a photo.

Onion bhajis are a good intro into learning how to do good indian starters imo! How did they turn out?

Excellent, I make some of that mint yoghurt sauce to go with them as well, have that and then my curry, usually vindaloo and usually with chapattis.

Yeah PM me the recipe mate, will give it a go asap.
Original post by Pete_91

As for Jefferson being a hero, you should do more research on him, not the nicest guy on the planet and an avid slave owner in an area where abolitionism was pretty well established as prevailing opinion (among the elite). Read the book "The political depravity of the Founding Fathers : studies in the history of the United States" it's pretty enlightening on the actual history of the American founding. Madison was the real hero in America's history, but he is seldom remembered.

Guy I dislike the most is Columbus, weird how he's talked up so much in history but he was an absolute knob

Original post by Eboracum
Women have dating so much easier than men. Even if you're a 6 out of 10 you're going to generate a lot of interest.

Thought I'd reply to this in here. You'll find most right wingers pro-Israel, and most left-wingers pro-Palestine, at least, that's my experience. Israel because I have a lot of sympathy for the hundreds of years Jews were persecuted, because I like the country and the people having visited in 2012, and because I like their values and system of government. I'm bitterly opposed to religion and Israel are the only country that do religion well in that region, that is, not persecuting under law people that don't follow the state religion. I blame the current conflict on Hamas, Israel has the right to self-defence and must continue to do so. There will always be civilian casualties in warfare.

Tbh war is the fault of both sides in most cases.

Take WW2 e.g. if France didn't cripple germany with ridiculous reparations money a guy like hitler wouldn't have come in and 6 million jews would have been alive. So that's kind of why I'm central.

America because even though I'm British I loved the revolution. So I strongly disagree in that sense. It's just so interesting. Who wouldn't want to break free from the evil tyrannical government that was taxing them to hell in London, I'd want self-deterination as well. People like Washington, Jefferson, they are legends to me. Again, I just like the values. Sure it's a country with a lot of problems buts its values are sound and it means well. I'm a massive interventionist, I think it's right for great nations like the UK and the US to get involved in other countries affairs and to spread our values. If I'm honest I like the arrogance of people like Bush, Romney and Palin who believe America is the greatest nation on earth and that other countries should look to copy it, I accept that argument.

I'm more talking about the clear racism and how slaves made that country. How I'd struggle to go to half the places in the country without getting abused and stopped and searched.

You can get involved in other countries business, no problem with that, but just make sure you're judging correctly and not looking at your own interests. That's the main problem I have with politics. How people look at their own interests than the greater good. I read something e.g. that the profile of the general politicians on a myer briggs test aren't actually suited for a politician role. Think INTJs(like me) are best suited for a role like that but we aren't bothered enough on the social side of things.

Politicians are power hungry, as are Politics students like me, I accept that. But I'd also like to deliver my policies as I feel they would be good for the UK.

I'm starting to consider a transfer to Chelsea again Jam, I just can't bare another season like the last, it nearly put me in an early grave. I fundamentally disagree with everything that has happened at United since Ferguson's departure, it just doesn't feel like the same club anymore. Looking forward to the game tomorrow at Turf Moore, hoping for a win for Chelsea. If I was a manager I'd be Mourinho, ice cool, fashionable, arrogant, and making women horny.

I get you here. If you feel it's for the greater good(be it for the country or for the world) then fair enough.

Meh join the club tbh. Taken a warming to you. Have no problem with you joining Chelsea man. I'm more a Guardiola, standard manager press wise, but will get results. No controversy or anything like that, don't let off the pitch incidents affect things on the pitch but love the system and will try and perfect it. Mourinho has too much controversy about him. Something I don't like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Edison was a massive prick in all accounts especially with what he did with Tesla.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6104
Original post by Numan786
Edison was a massive prick in all accounts especially with what he did with Tesla.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tesla is my boy

Posted from TSR Mobile
barneystin and tom ford

One of them is that bigwhalegambler bloke and one is Vain right?
Original post by Deshi
barneystin and tom ford

One of them is that bigwhalegambler bloke and one is Vain right?

Not so sure either is Vain
I have got to the point of everything.

BigWhaleGambler... Forgot about him. He was definitely a dupe of some sort but dunno who he was originally.
Original post by Deshi
x

ok. we're bros now.

ah man. i was really feeling that until 2:02 until it got really upbeat. goes against the theme of the song imo. i like this version, it seems to have a thicker piano focus than the original (very subtle difference though):

yeah tell me some more movies that get you right in the feels. I kinda just wanna watch titanic again but I've seen it too many times.

You seen Heat?
Original post by barneystin
ok. we're bros now.

ah man. i was really feeling that until 2:02 until it got really upbeat. goes against the theme of the song imo. i like this version, it seems to have a thicker piano focus than the original (very subtle difference though):

yeah tell me some more movies that get you right in the feels. I kinda just wanna watch titanic again but I've seen it too many times.

You seen Heat?

My second favourite song on the ST aftet Rose (sounds very similar though)

Yeah love Heat and Michael Mann is one of the GOATs.

Do you want Romantic feels like Titanic or..?
Original post by Deshi
My second favourite song on the ST aftet Rose (sounds very similar though)

Yeah love Heat and Michael Mann is one of the GOATs.

Do you want Romantic feels like Titanic or..?

the ending of Heat tho :coma:

'I told you I'm never going back'
'Yeah'

most of the soundtrack sounds the same tbf. I like Hymn to the Sea too. Really solemn and tranquil and encapsulates the loneliness of travelling the vast ocean; which I think itself is a metaphor for love.

erm yeah movies like Titanic...
(edited 9 years ago)
the ending of Heat tho :coma:

'I told you I'm never going back'
'Yeah'

most of the soundtrack sounds the same tbf. I like Hymn to the Sea too. Really solemn and tranquil and encapsulates the loneliness of travelling the vast ocean; which I think itself is a metaphor for love.

erm yeah like Titanic...

True that. Please tell me you've seen Collateral

I love the ending and soundtrack to it when it pans over everything Rose ended up doing in her life, which is what Jack was pushing her to do throughout

Anyway this is from a quick look at my IMDB ratings

A Walk to Remember
Keith
Legends of the Fall
The Painted Veil
Meet Joe Black (beautiful/moving soundtrack, you should hnng at it)
Finding Neverland

If you don;t mind watching subtitles the Koreans do the genre really well

A Moment to Remember
Always
The Classic
Once in a Summer

Others that aren;t necessarily romance

The Guardian
Ladder 49
Brotherhood of War

Can;t recall the last time I've made so many beta posts in a row

Anyway i actively look for powerful/emotional films, best form of escapism if a film can rally make you feel some kind of emotion strongly.
Original post by Deshi

I love the ending and soundtrack to it when it pans over everything Rose ended up doing in her life, which is what Jack was pushing her to do throughout

Anyway this is from a quick look at my IMDB ratings

A Walk to Remember
Keith
Legends of the Fall
The Painted Veil
Meet Joe Black (beautiful/moving soundtrack, you should hnng at it)
Finding Neverland

If you don;t mind watching subtitles the Koreans do the genre really well

A Moment to Remember
Always
The Classic
Once in a Summer

Others that aren;t necessarily romance

The Guardian
Ladder 49
Brotherhood of War

Can;t recall the last time I've made so many beta posts in a row

Anyway i actively look for powerful/emotional films, best form of escapism if a film can rally make you feel some kind of emotion strongly.

Yeah but I wouldnt put collateral up there as a GOAT movie. more one that you walk away from thinking hmmm.

i despise subtitled films. still havent seen city of god:K:

i've given meet joe black a try.

have you seen Warrior? some powerful scenes in that.
Yeah but I wouldnt put collateral up there as a GOAT movie. more one that you walk away from thinking hmmm.

i despise subtitled films. still havent seen city of god:K:

i've given meet joe black a try.

have you seen Warrior? some powerful scenes in that.

You're missing out on so many great films.

Yeah Meet Joe Black isn't amazing by any means, 20 minutes too long, but the soundtrack is awesome and there are 2/3 really good scenes in it, mainly from Hopkins.

Yeah Warrior is solid.
Original post by Deshi

aghh collateral is just one of my most favourite movies ever

just the setting of that movie and everything and idk
Original post by Deshi

Don't know how beta you're stooping but try Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
i hated subtitled films till city of god too tbf. Red cliff, the raid 1/2 and oldboy are all great subtitled films.
barneystin and tomford are the same person too btw
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
i hated subtitled films till city of god too tbf. Red cliff, the raid 1/2 and oldboy are all great subtitled films.

Can confirm

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
barneystin and tomford are the same person too btw

How you know this?
You jump, I jump, right? :cry2:

Dat loyalty.

Latest