The Student Room Group

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F582 21st MAY 2014 THREAD************

Scroll to see replies

i got the exact same 92 on unit 2 and 76 on unit 1, bit surprised i honestly thought it would be the other way round cause I found the unit 1 paper easier.
Reply 541
100 in macro and 74 in micro! Pretty gutted with micro result as I want I do economics at uni! Nonetheless, happy to get an A overall
84 UMS in macro, 60 in micro, thought micro was better, who thinks i should get it remarked?
I got 80 UMS in macro and 68 in micro 2 off a B in micro but got a B overall probably going to retake it because it didn't require that much revision and we pretty much cover it all again at A2 but just to a specific market I.E. transport economics.
Does anyone think they are more harsh at giving out marks in Micro because it is easier they want you to say specific things especially in the smaller marked questions
Original post by kingdoo
Does anyone think they are more harsh at giving out marks in Micro because it is easier they want you to say specific things especially in the smaller marked questions

this is exactly what happens. you see the Micro markscheme's afterwards, they're horrendous.

the first F581 exam i did, my 18 mark essay got limited to 7/18 because i didn't mention one particular sentence.
Original post by kingdoo
I got 80 UMS in macro and 68 in micro 2 off a B in micro but got a B overall probably going to retake it because it didn't require that much revision and we pretty much cover it all again at A2 but just to a specific market I.E. transport economics.

Yh I did tranport economics in the summer and f581 topics are covered, f582 topics are covered in Global economy. :cool:
if any of you are considering resitting this but are worried the workload will be too much - don't be. when you do F585 (the global economy) you will cover the EXACT same topics, F585 is basically the same exam as F582 however a lot more case study-based. so if you do decide to resit F582, you'll quite literally be revising for it, by learning F585 :smile:
Original post by kingdoo

The marking criteria is similar on both F581 and F582. From the latest paper I would say F581 was as accessible as F582, no tricky questions. Under exam conditions you may see in a different way.
Original post by keynes24
The marking criteria is similar on both F581 and F582. From the latest paper I would say F581 was as accessible as F582, no tricky questions. Under exam conditions you may see in a different way.

Maybe but on track record despite my teachers saying micro is easy every year pretty much everyone does better in the macro paper, which is the same this year.

However, an A in macro and a C in micro was not what I was expecting most probably the other way round. Well actually I thought B in micro (pretty good guess since I was 1 raw mark away from a B) and a C-E in macro because I didn't like any of the questions bar the 18 marker which I suppose was the reason why I didn't fail but even with just a good 18 marker you can still get a U.
Is anyone else considering having the Micro exam remarked?

I too thought the exam had gone okay in Micro, only to get 65UMS, like everyone else my Macro was better, getting 90UMS here.
I got 65 in unit 1 and 60 in unit 2 quite surprised I did that bad. Should I retake both or just unit 2?
Original post by apple cakes
I got 65 in unit 1 and 60 in unit 2 quite surprised I did that bad. Should I retake both or just unit 2?

If you are aiming for a B or A then you should retake both.
Reply 553
Does anyone think getting both papers remarked (78 UMS in both) could realistically bring them both up to 80 and an A? how many actual marks would they need to find?
Original post by afctom
Does anyone think getting both papers remarked (78 UMS in both) could realistically bring them both up to 80 and an A? how many actual marks would they need to find?

Marks could go down, if you are an AS student going into A2 you should request the scripts and ask your tutor to go over them before requesting a remark.
Reply 555
Original post by keynes24
Marks could go down, if you are an AS student going into A2 you should request the scripts and ask your tutor to go over them before requesting a remark.

Really? I was always told throughout the year that remarks can't go down :eek:

But I will probably do that yeah, as I am going into A2 there is no rush to get the remark I guess. Cheers
Original post by afctom
Really? I was always told throughout the year that remarks can't go down :eek:

But I will probably do that yeah, as I am going into A2 there is no rush to get the remark I guess. Cheers

No one can guarantee you that marks will not go down. They could and that is a risk you are taking.
Who thinks I should remark micro as it was 60 ums, found that better than macro which I got 84 on, teacher thinks it will be a gd idea
Original post by MichelleQarib
Who thinks I should remark micro as it was 60 ums, found that better than macro which I got 84 on, teacher thinks it will be a gd idea

If your teacher agrees then go for it.
Not sure,how much does it cost,what if it stays the same/goes down lol

Quick Reply

Latest