The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Suffolk Terrace, D-block. Not really sure which way the blocks go with the alphabet system, but I'm nearer the library than Norfolk Terrace, so I'm happy. Sorry Norfolk Terrace.

(I'm not sorry.)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by cali77
Hi

I put university village as my first choice but after reading some posts i have a few questions, do the rooms have wifi now? cos thats pretty important to me. Also i was wondering about the people ive seen some posts that say its mainly international students (which is fine) but that its really quiet and then some have said its really social so idk. Could someone give me an idea please.

Thanks

Hi cali, I think that UEA does not install wifi routers, instead there is Ethernet in each room, however you can use your laptop to create a small wifi network if needed, this is what I am going to do when I move in to the university village
I've just confirmed my student accommodation, as university village larch, please reply if you've got the same, it would be nice to talk to some potential flatmates before I move in.
Original post by willparker666
Hi cali, I think that UEA does not install wifi routers, instead there is Ethernet in each room, however you can use your laptop to create a small wifi network if needed, this is what I am going to do when I move in to the university village

They have been installing wifi in university residences over the sumer
What happens if you can't afford the accommodation you have been allocated. First choice was around £100 a week ,the allocated one , third choice is nearly £130 that's a thousand pounds a year more !!
Norfolk Terrace, first choice :biggrin:
Hey,
So I've just confirmed wolfson close and been allocated my room but im not sure how the code correlates to the room my code is WC11B. Where does this mean ill be e.g. floor/flat etc

Hey guys,
I have just had my accomodation confirmed as Paston house (PH10D - I believe that is flat 10 room D). Anyone going to be nearby/house mates?
Original post by behindblueglass
Hey,
So I've just confirmed wolfson close and been allocated my room but im not sure how the code correlates to the room my code is WC11B. Where does this mean ill be e.g. floor/flat etc

I think the code means flat 11 room B.
Original post by Jacob Lawrence
I think the code means flat 11 room B.

Does that mean im 11 floors up...?

Not sure, I don't know whether they are set out horizontally or vertically :colondollar:
Original post by lilGem
I was actually in the ziggurats (after switching from ensuite campus) I personally loved it- it's literally in the heart of campus so nothing is more than a few minutes away at most, flats are big but it means there's enough variety of people to meet. There is never a queue for the bathroom due to timetabling of the number of people and it is generally very sociable. I would definitely recommend it :smile:

I just want to ask if it's too late to change once you have been offered accommodation and before you accept? Or is it better to accept and wait until you get there. I've been swithering between ensute and ziggurat too.
Original post by Jacob Lawrence
Not sure, I don't know whether they are set out horizontally or vertically :colondollar:

Fingers crossed vertically!
11 flights of stairs everyday may kill me :P
Original post by Rohindra
I just want to ask if it's too late to change once you have been offered accommodation and before you accept? Or is it better to accept and wait until you get there. I've been swithering between ensute and ziggurat too.

It's better to accept and wait, if you don't accept the offer you won't have a place in halls at all

I think wolfson is horizontal, if it's similarly laid out to orwell :smile:
Original post by lilGem
I think wolfson is horizontal, if it's similarly laid out to orwell :smile:

Woo! my knees will remain in tact :L
Thanks ><
Woo! my knees will remain in tact :L
Thanks ><

no worries :smile:

Friend lived in Orwell last year, at most she had to walk up 3 flights of stairs to her room in the flat so it could be worse!

Hope you have a fab time :smile:
Original post by lilGem
no worries :smile:

Friend lived in Orwell last year, at most she had to walk up 3 flights of stairs to her room in the flat so it could be worse!

Hope you have a fab time :smile:

N'aw thanks are you going to UEA? :smile:
N'aw thanks are you going to UEA? :smile:

I was a fresher last year, I'll be going into second year of biological sciences :smile:

what will you be doing when you start? :h:
Original post by lauraslw
hello, i will be living in Colman House CH09!!! anybody else?

Me toooo! Im in room M, what about you? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending