The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University clearing applicants 2014

Just wondered if anyone is going to Kingston through clearing. What courses you are all doing? and what you plan on doing about accommodation as we aren't guaranteed a place in halls..
:smile:
Hey :smile: - I got a place through clearing for biological sciences; and I'm hopefully planning in renting out a place with a friend seeing how we aren't guaranteed accomodation.
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
I'm doing physical geography and i'm too worried about accommodation!
It's such an annoying thing to have to worry about. Might have to commute for a while :frown: which will be borderline 2hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I got accepted to do business administration and im currently looking for people to share with :smile:
Hi everyone!

Congrats on getting into Kingston! I'm Chloe, a Student Ambassador here at Kingston and going into my second year. I didn't personally come through clearing but my friends did and they're having a great time! Make sure you have a look at our Getting Ready site as it will give you all the info you need about starting at Kingston. Also if you want to see what students on your course think of uni then log on to our Ask Us website.

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything to do with uni life. Lectures, Freshers, Kingston in general, Student Life, Disability, ask and I'll answer!

Looking forward to chatting with you all,

Chloe :smile:

Student Ambassador
Reply 6
Original post by Inspired_tem
Hey :smile: - I got a place through clearing for biological sciences; and I'm hopefully planning in renting out a place with a friend seeing how we aren't guaranteed accomodation.
What about you?

Hey! I got a place for biomedical sciences through clearing recently. Haven't sorted out my accomodation yet! :s-smilie: I need to look for a rented place too in case I'm not offered anything in student halls. Oh the stress :eek:
Do you start on the 1st?
Reply 7
Original post by Shanice1995
I'm doing physical geography and i'm too worried about accommodation!

It's such an annoying thing to have to worry about. Might have to commute for a while :frown: which will be borderline 2hrs

Original post by Harrietei
I got accepted to do business administration and im currently looking for people to share with :smile:

Ahhh we're all in the same position with accommodation then! Commuting will probably be a struggle for a while, but at least you have somewhere until you can find a place :rolleyes: I haven't found any places yet, so any help would be much appreciated :chaplin:
Original post by tiffsta
Hey! I got a place for biomedical sciences through clearing recently. Haven't sorted out my accomodation yet! :s-smilie: I need to look for a rented place too in case I'm not offered anything in student halls. Oh the stress :eek:
Do you start on the 1st?

Unfortunately none of us can apply for clearing accommodation till 26th. But if you live more than 15 miles away you're at an advantage - plus there the theory that we'd be taking places of people who didn't originally get the grades!
According to UCAS yes but I checked online and we don't start till the 22nd :biggrin: (some freshers events start on the 16th onwards)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Unfortunately none of us can apply for clearing accommodation till 26th. But if you live more than 15 miles away you're at an advantage - plus there the theory that we'd be taking places of people who didn't originally get the grades!
According to UCAS yes but I checked online and we don't start till the 22nd :biggrin: (some freshers events start on the 16th onwards)

Oh right, I'd rather have a back up plan to fall into in case I don't. I live 2 and a half to 3 hours away so I'd hope that puts me at a fair advantage :dry: Wait what? That's just confusing. So do we have to move in by the 1st but our actual course starts on the 22nd? :absinth:
Original post by tiffsta
Oh right, I'd rather have a back up plan to fall into in case I don't. I live 2 and a half to 3 hours away so I'd hope that puts me at a fair advantage :dry: Wait what? That's just confusing. So do we have to move in by the 1st but our actual course starts on the 22nd? :absinth:

I don't know why it's showing up as the first on UCAS but I assure you we don't start that early. If you're worried about it it'll be worth giving them a call, and also probably asking if they have places for halls to give out anywayb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I don't know why it's showing up as the first on UCAS but I assure you we don't start that early. If you're worried about it it'll be worth giving them a call, and also probably asking if they have places for halls to give out anywayb

Oh thank god. I probably will do sooner or later, but I'm not fussed if I have to live in rented accommodation. It's just a confusing process. I'll find somewhere eventually. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Hi chloe,

I was just wondering if kingston students are allowed a plus one (who isn't attending the uni) for the freshers ball?

Thank you,

Sarah
Original post by saarah08
Hi chloe,

I was just wondering if kingston students are allowed a plus one (who isn't attending the uni) for the freshers ball?

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The website is currently down so I can't find out today. I will make a note and contact them once it is up and running again.

Sorry for the delay.

Student Ambassador
Hey was wondering when we could expect to hear well anything in regards when we actually start. 1st or 22nd of September.
Also when do we find out out freshers schedule?!
Thanks for any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey was wondering when we could expect to hear well anything in regards when we actually start. 1st or 22nd of September.
Also when do we find out out freshers schedule?!
Thanks for any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Inspired_tem,

Induction week starts on the 22nd September this year. In this week it's all elements of Freshers,enrolment, the fair, the ball and introduction lectures.

Last year we got our Fresher's timetable through the post so I'm assuming that is what will happen again this year.

I hope this helps and please ask me any more questions!

Student Ambassador
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Inspired_tem,

Induction week starts on the 22nd September this year. In this week it's all elements of Freshers,enrolment, the fair, the ball and introduction lectures.

Last year we got our Fresher's timetable through the post so I'm assuming that is what will happen again this year.

I hope this helps and please ask me any more questions!

Student Ambassador

Hey Chloe,
Thanks for your help, I got an email telling me when to arrive for enrolment so thank you :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Chloe,
Thanks for your help, I got an email telling me when to arrive for enrolment so thank you :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Inspired_tem,

That's great! If you have any more questions feel free to ask me :biggrin:

Chloe
Student Ambassador:smile:
Reply 18
heyy chloe,

haven't heard from you so was just wondering if you know if we can have a plus one for the freshers ball?

thanks
Original post by saarah08
heyy chloe,

haven't heard from you so was just wondering if you know if we can have a plus one for the freshers ball?

thanks

Hi Sarah,

Don't worry I haven't forgotten you! The website has just come back on today. I have their email for you to contact them and ask :smile: The email is [email protected] drop them an email and they'll get back to you asap.

I hope this helps

Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending