The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
First person I've seen to drink tea without milk other than me :biggrin:

:five: Milk and sugar totally ruins the flavour and fragrance of the tea!
Original post by Star-girl
I like normal tea but only if it's plain without milk.

Edit: The Earl Grey is nice. :smile:

What!!! You are mad! haha.
Milk and 3 sugars please.

Original post by Odd socks
It's true though :frown: who'd want me? Even discounting the fact I'm mental, my skin is disgusting :frown:

:hugs:
You'd be surprised socks.
Original post by samba
First person I've seen to drink tea without milk other than me :biggrin:

such lies. Did you bake?

I don't like milk in it either :no:
Original post by WelshBluebird

Naaaaah. :noway:

Original post by ScaryScience

:dance:
Reply 444
samba news: spoilered for, well whatever. Being overly narcissistic maybe :p:

Spoiler

It's true though :frown: who'd want me? Even discounting the fact I'm mental, my skin is disgusting :frown:

Nope :frown: I'm not able to post it so I'll have to wait till a time when they're coming to visit me next month so it'll have to be a belated gift. I'll attempt to make something else too so it's not just a cake they're getting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such lies! You had that boy only a few months ago :p: I'm sure not every lad is blind to how awesome you are :yes:

Don't do a cake! Get a truckload of dark chocolate, and some premium coffee beans. Cook them up together to make a kinda flat chocolate slab! Use the moulds to add your message, then make some (alcololic?) truffles and put those on top :biggrin:

:five: Milk and sugar totally ruins the flavour and fragrance of the tea!

Dunno, I'm more a coffee kinda lad anyway! Tea is just in absolute emergencies (ie no coffee, no hot chocs, and no apple&cinnamon tea in the house!)

That's because you're also in the awesome peoples club :yes:

You'd be surprised socks.

:hugs: I'm nearly 20 and I've never been anyone's first choice for anything :frown: my own parents didn't even want me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:dance:

:five:

Original post by samba

Spoiler

Such lies! You had that boy only a few months ago :p: I'm sure not every lad is blind to how awesome you are :yes:

Don't do a cake! Get a truckload of dark chocolate, and some premium coffee beans. Cook them up together to make a kinda flat chocolate slab! Use the moulds to add your message, then make some (alcololic?) truffles and put those on top :biggrin:

Dunno, I'm more a coffee kinda lad anyway! Tea is just in absolute emergencies (ie no coffee, no hot chocs, and no apple&cinnamon tea in the house!)

Reply 447

:lovehug: You've been quite a stranger lately! We should catch up when you have the willpower/energy :yes:
Original post by samba

Spoiler

Spoiler

I like coffee but I don't like to drink it often. I drink it maybe ~3 times a year normally? It has strange effects on me. I am hyper for seconds or not at all and then I get sleepy. Or sometimes it appears to have no effect. I found this out at uni when I tried to use coffee as a means to stay awake and it failed. Not even relentless could keep me awake. :confused: Coffee is of no use to me and sleep and I have a very weird relationship. :hmmmm:
(edited 9 years ago)

Yep!

:hugs: I'm nearly 20 and I've never been anyone's first choice for anything :frown: my own parents didn't even want me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure that isn't totally true socks. You may just not have met that person yet. Just want to hug you atm though. :penguinhug:
Original post by samba

Spoiler

Congrats! Wish I could be that successful haha :tongue:

Ooooh that does sound like a good (delicious) ideas :eek:

We dated briefly and then he dumped me :frown: by text. And that's just going to keep happening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
:lovehug: You've been quite a stranger lately! We should catch up when you have the willpower/energy :yes:

I suppose you're right - sorry about that :blush: We should definitely catch up - hope you've been well :hugs:
Yep!

Each to their own. :tongue:
Reply 453

Spoiler

I like coffee but I don't like to drink it often. I drink it maybe ~3 times a year normally? It has strange effects on me. I am hyper for seconds or not at all and then I get sleepy. Or sometimes it appears to have no effect. I found this out at uni when I tried to use coffee as a means to stay awake and it failed. Not even relentless could keep me awake. :confused: Coffee is of no use to me and sleep and I have a very weird relationship. :hmmmm:

Haha, I drink perhaps.... 4-7 cups a day? :p: All I seem to do is drink coffee! Doesn't make me particularly tired though :biggrin: Oh well, me and sleep have no healthy relationship to speak of. We broke up long ago, and sleep together for brief flings before parting ways once more.

Congrats! Wish I could be that successful haha :tongue:

Ooooh that does sound like a good (delicious) ideas :eek:

We dated briefly and then he dumped me :frown: by text. And that's just going to keep happening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

One swallow does not a summer make young lady! And logically speaking you have no need to be successful. The problem is in the mind!

And yea, I could send you some of the recipes I suppose :biggrin: Those truffles are so nice. And you could do her a birthday meal too! With lemon pie :eek:

I suppose you're right - sorry about that :blush: We should definitely catch up - hope you've been well :hugs:

I'm always right :p: No need to be sorry though! Yea, I'm doing better as per the news above, and I'm definitely going to uni now :smile: Still totally messed up in some ways, but slowly slowly! I'm catsitting for mum atm, she's jetted off somewhere for a week, so you can call/msg anytime this next week or so :yes:
Reply 454
Each to their own. :tongue:

What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too? :biggrin:

Spoiler

:hugs: but that's because everyone here understands about mental health, to other people they'll all think I'm weird :frown:

you'd be surprised how many people will understand, like 1 in 3 or 4 people have MH issues at some point so there's loads of us out there! just have to meet em :smile: they won't think you are weird if they are nice though, and there are nice people out there, this thread is proof of that, there's others as well, for me one thing that helped a lot at Uni was my political interests & stuff, maybe join some societies when you are back at Uni? (are you there for another year or am I getting my head mixed up again? :tongue:), you will find people who understand though & they won't think you are weird so you will make friends and stuff :hugs:

:hugs: I think so. It's just no amount of sleep will cure the tiredness I feel. Tired of crying over this, tired of hurting, tired of thinking, tired of existing. tired.

sorry to hear you feel so tired & stuff, I know how hard things can be when you feel like that, are your support things helping? (sorry I feel awful now I can't remember what support you have :/) hopefully you will find some energy soon, I know how draining & frustrating it can be when you feel tired all the time! :hugs:
Original post by samba
Haha, I drink perhaps.... 4-7 cups a day? :p: All I seem to do is drink coffee! Doesn't make me particularly tired though :biggrin: Oh well, me and sleep have no healthy relationship to speak of. We broke up long ago, and sleep together for brief flings before parting ways once more.

4-7 cups a day???? :eek: I tried 3 cups of strong black coffee one night because one or two was insufficient to stop me from crashing out asleep and I felt so nauseuos and horrible. I don't know how people can drink it everyday!

Yes. It is like that with me. I was reading my diary the other day and basically at least 60% of the entries are about sleep and how much it is evading me or claiming me and my time (I can't sleep like a normal person, it is just too much to ask - it is either no sleep, bad sleep or super excessive sleep).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 458
DOES ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY SCRABBLE?

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
you'd be surprised how many people will understand, like 1 in 3 or 4 people have MH issues at some point so there's loads of us out there! just have to meet em :smile: they won't think you are weird if they are nice though, and there are nice people out there, this thread is proof of that, there's others as well, for me one thing that helped a lot at Uni was my political interests & stuff, maybe join some societies when you are back at Uni? (are you there for another year or am I getting my head mixed up again? :tongue:), you will find people who understand though & they won't think you are weird so you will make friends and stuff :hugs:

Haha, I think I'm gonna be alone forever too! Not because of lack of interest, I can be amazing and engaging when I want to be. But deep down, me, there's major issues and insecurities people wouldn't want to deal with!
Original post by samba

One swallow does not a summer make young lady! And logically speaking you have no need to be successful. The problem is in the mind!

And yea, I could send you some of the recipes I suppose :biggrin: Those truffles are so nice. And you could do her a birthday meal too! With lemon pie :eek:

I'm always right :p: No need to be sorry though! Yea, I'm doing better as per the news above, and I'm definitely going to uni now :smile: Still totally messed up in some ways, but slowly slowly! I'm catsitting for mum atm, she's jetted off somewhere for a week, so you can call/msg anytime this next week or so :yes:

I do though

Spoiler

That would be really nice of you :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest