The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WishfulDesire
I'm 5'4.5", I take a size 10-12 (my legs are quite big because muscle and fat (I do a lot of sport like hockey and horseriding that builds it up) and I weight 66Kgs which is what, like 10 stone? I'm also a 34E and 17. :smile:

Well now I feel fat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farhiyaserar
It's not the cakes. It's the sweets an crips. They have this hold over me

every1 has some vice/ hold over them. some people like a drink too much lol, some or sweets, crisps etc. also... you dont sound fat to me atall :smile:
If you're taller then you're gonna have to have more body weight.. stop worrying people!

I'm 5'5, size 6/8 or sometimes 10 on bottom as I have huge hips. I weigh 55kg which is like 9 stone. I'm also a 32C. I used to be really underweight but now I look healthy and much better so it's not all about that dumb number on the scales. You all sound perfect :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
161cm (5 foot 3), 50kg (7 stone 12lb), 32C
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CaitlinDy
Sigh, 5ft7 and I weigh over 10 stone. Despite eating under 2000 calories a day and exercising every day I keep gaining weight.
I don't even know how since I avoid all sugary, fatty and processed foods.
Oh, my bra size is a 34A. I have the worst body for which nobody will like me.

I enjoy running, cycling and horse riding though so even though I keep gaining weight I'll carry on with them. I'm also a sucker for fruit and veg.

I'd continue with my lifestyle even if I wasn't attempting to lose weight. There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing (I follow dieticians' advice etc), it's my body which refuses to be skinnier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I suggest that you eat more fruit and veg, no dairy and low fat. I used to be 5ft7 and 64kg, now I'm 57kg. I never thought I could be skinnier.

Also try eating 2000-2500 calories. If you don't eat enough, your body will hold onto fat. When I started eating more I lose 3kg since June :smile:
Original post by xoflower
Hey, I suggest that you eat more fruit and veg, no dairy and low fat. I used to be 5ft7 and 64kg, now I'm 57kg. I never thought I could be skinnier.

Also try eating 2000-2500 calories. If you don't eat enough, your body will hold onto fat. When I started eating more I lose 3kg since June :smile:

I eat a diet which consists of mainly fruit and veg with some complex carbs. I'm a runner so looking after my diet is very important. I'm also a vegetarian.
I was down at 56kg but my method wasn't healthy so when I ate properly my body stored everything as fat
I eat a diet which consists of mainly fruit and veg with some complex carbs. I'm a runner so looking after my diet is very important. I'm also a vegetarian.
I was down at 56kg but my method wasn't healthy so when I ate properly my body stored everything as fat

That happened to me near christmas. I ate 1200cals as ppl recommend to lose weight. I got down to 57kg but I gained weight after eating normally! I then became 60kg.

The truth is weight loss advice is bad, the best way to lose weight is to eat 2000calories! I promise do this and you will lose weight! I'm still losing and I eat about 2500 a day with some exercise.

Also being a vegetarian is good :smile: I rarely eat meat but I have cut out dairy as its high in fat and unnatural imo for humans to consume
Original post by xoflower
That happened to me near christmas. I ate 1200cals as ppl recommend to lose weight. I got down to 57kg but I gained weight after eating normally! I then became 60kg.

The truth is weight loss advice is bad, the best way to lose weight is to eat 2000calories! I promise do this and you will lose weight! I'm still losing and I eat about 2500 a day with some exercise.

Also being a vegetarian is good :smile: I rarely eat meat but I have cut out dairy as its high in fat and unnatural imo for humans to consume

There would be days I'd eat 300 calories and run 10km which isn't a place I'd like to be again. Haha
The only dairy I really have is milk in my morning cereal for calcium; after that I usually eat fruit and veg and I always run except weekends where I go horse riding.

I know some of the weight is muscle mass however, quite a bit is from exam period where I'd study 10 hours a day and eat loads with no exercising
There would be days I'd eat 300 calories and run 10km which isn't a place I'd like to be again. Haha
The only dairy I really have is milk in my morning cereal for calcium; after that I usually eat fruit and veg and I always run except weekends where I go horse riding.

I know some of the weight is muscle mass however, quite a bit is from exam period where I'd study 10 hours a day and eat loads with no exercising

300 calories :O thats so bad, thankfully you've stopped. I think that may be why you can't lose weight- as you're body is holding the fat as it thinks it may starve again.

Also, there are plenty of foods with calcium and tbh milk does not have that much calcium.

If its muscle then thats fine :smile:
Original post by billy-jo
every1 has some vice/ hold over them. some people like a drink too much lol, some or sweets, crisps etc. also... you dont sound fat to me atall :smile:

Thanks man. I want to reduce the intake. But they are just sooo good
Original post by farhiyaserar
Thanks man. I want to reduce the intake. But they are just sooo good

i know what u mean. certain foods are! u eat it when u know u shouldnt do, feel great, then afterwards feel s**t about it(hahah tsr blocked the word out). do u get that too? what is it u like so much exactly- jelly sweets,choclate or what? i enjoy a drink a bit too much really so am reducing it so yeah u need to reduce what it is u like soooo much haha x
I'm 15
32E
I weigh 8st 4lbs
5ft 7in
But I don't think my body matches up to my weight
So could anyone give me a rough idea on what size clothing you think I should wear I've lost about 8lbs recently
Sigh, 5ft7 and I weigh over 10 stone. Despite eating under 2000 calories a day and exercising every day I keep gaining weight.
I don't even know how since I avoid all sugary, fatty and processed foods.
Oh, my bra size is a 34A. I have the worst body for which nobody will like me.

I enjoy running, cycling and horse riding though so even though I keep gaining weight I'll carry on with them. I'm also a sucker for fruit and veg.

I'd continue with my lifestyle even if I wasn't attempting to lose weight. There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing (I follow dieticians' advice etc), it's my body which refuses to be skinnier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only reason you're gaining weight is simply because your daily net calorie intake (calories consumed minus calories burned) is above your maintenance level.

Around 1800-1900 calories plus exercise (100-200 calories burned?) seems to me like a good maintenance level hence you shouldn't be putting on weight, yet you are.

My guess is that your estimate of how many calories you eat per day is actually more than you think it is, hence you are actually eating very slightly over your maintenance level.

Your post confuses me. You express a bit of a desire to lose some weight yet don't acknowledge you might have to change something to do so. You're not doing anything wrong at all. You eat healthy to be healthy. But when it comes to losing or gaining weight, it's a calorie game.
Original post by Ninablank
I'm 15
32E
I weigh 8st 4lbs
5ft 7in
So could anyone give me a rough idea on what size clothing you think I should wear I've lost about 8lbs recently

I don't want to sound patronising but under the age of about 16/17 nobody should be thinking about dieting unless they are actually overweight. Given your stats you are in no way overweight. I'd imagine you look fairly on the slimmer/thinner side because you're tall and don't weigh much for your height. Perhaps it's a relatively normal weight for your height and age, however. Body shapes vary. Two people of the same weight could be a size 12 all over and the other a size 10 on top and 14 on the bottom.

If you really want an answer I'd guess you can easily wear size 8s. But if you said you are size 10 (sometimes 12 if you have boobs) or size 6 I wouldn't be surprised either.
I'm 18, 6 ft 2, 12 st 4lb and I wear size 12-16 clothes. Every high street brand seems to assume everyone is a dumpy 5ft 4 girl! >.<
Weight: 9 stone
Height: 5 foot 7 inches
Dress size: 8-10 (usually 8 at the top, 10 at the bottom.)

I don't think you should worry too much.
Original post by Ninablank
I'm 15
32E
I weigh 8st 4lbs
5ft 7in

You're tiny. I'm the same height but around 9 stone 9...and I'm a size 10 mostly. You're probably a 6-8..maybe bigger on top because you've got boobs. It's impossible to tell without measurements. You're so young too, you definitely don't need to lose any more weight :smile:
15 years old
5'' tall
Slightly over/just under 7 stone, varies
5 ft 6
8st 13
30F
5ft 0 and 5 stone.....

So yes, quite tiny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest