The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Firmers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ataubman
Oh you're the first person i've met on the same course! :smile: I applied for mayflower but was offered glen eyre. Where are you from?

Wow, wonder how many people are actually on our course :curious:
I'm from Berkshire in the UK- not too far from home- you??
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Prayingkitty
Wow, wonder how many people are actually on our course :curious:
I'm from Berkshire in the UK- not too far from home- you??

I live in Surrey but am originally from France and Australia :smile:
I live in Surrey but am originally from France and Australia :smile:

Oh wow- I'm originally from Russia and Malaysia. (Parents are Chinese but granddad's Russian). Was Soton your firm?
Oh wow- I'm originally from Russia and Malaysia. (Parents are Chinese but granddad's Russian). Was Soton your firm?

Ah interesting! I have been to malaysia but not russia. Surrey was my firm, Soton was my insurance. What about you?
Reply 384
Original post by honest croissant
Hey I'm studying BSc Geography here but have yet to be given an accommodation offer. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?

Yes same course and everything :smile: applied for accommodation way back in March so don't worry!
Ah interesting! I have been to malaysia but not russia. Surrey was my firm, Soton was my insurance. What about you?

Cool! Birmingham was my firm but insured Soton- getting a lot of Soton insurers on this forum. That's strange you didn't get mayflower since I thought their rooms were in abundance
Cool! Birmingham was my firm but insured Soton- getting a lot of Soton insurers on this forum. That's strange you didn't get mayflower since I thought their rooms were in abundance

Yes but i didn't realize that we had to list them as preferences, i thought we would get an offer for each place.
Yes but i didn't realize that we had to list them as preferences, i thought we would get an offer for each place.

You're lucky you got Glen Eyre- that was my first choice but they've probably ran out really quickly since they're so popular
You're lucky you got Glen Eyre- that was my first choice but they've probably ran out really quickly since they're so popular

Oh, we'll see which one's the best in the end :smile:
Oh, we'll see which one's the best in the end :smile:

Hopefully we get good flatmates :smile:
Hopefully we get good flatmates :smile:

Hopefully! :smile:

You're not true Southamptonians if it wasn't your firm choice. Sorry girls :tongue:
Reply 392
Original post by Moasis
I am studying geophysics as well!

Nice one! Any idea what geophysics actually is? Also which halls are you in?
Reply 393
Original post by danb396
Nice one! Any idea what geophysics actually is? Also which halls are you in?

I just usually just say physics applied to the earth as nobody knows what the course is! I haven't heard anything from accommodation mine still has the status of 'submitted'. Which is starting to stress me out a bit especially since so many have already been allocated to other people! I can't even get on the website at the moment because it's too busy! Never mind, where abouts are you from then?
Original post by kezzajezza96
Well it was my insurance already and a month or so I decided I preferred soton because it was considerably cheaper than York (a few hundred pounds cheaper!) And because it offers the option to study abroad which I really want :smile:

Lol that makes sense :smile: I wanted to do that too but don't think it's part of my course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Original post by karishmaashikap
Lol that makes sense :smile: I wanted to do that too but don't think it's part of my course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :/ I thought all/most courses had the option to at some point?
Oh no :/ I thought all/most courses had the option to at some point?

To be honest, I have no idea... Got placement in third year though so hopefully I'll be able to go abroad... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
To be honest, I have no idea... Got placement in third year though so hopefully I'll be able to go abroad... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nice :smile: yeah I think most give you the chance to study abroad- a placent abroad would be even better!
Oh nice :smile: yeah I think most give you the chance to study abroad- a placent abroad would be even better!

That's what I was thinking...either go abroad or find one near home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
That's what I was thinking...either go abroad or find one near home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: either way its good experience :smile:

Quick Reply