The Student Room Group

Do they give you notebooks for each subject in college?

In high school you're given a notebook for every subject. In college, do they do this or are you expected to bring your own? Can you choose to use your own?

I'm asking because all my life I've been given notebooks and now since college is different I'm wondering if it's the same.

If it helps, I'm going to Richmond Upon Thames College. :smile:
I imagine it's different for each college, but mine didn't, you just bought your own notepads.
Nope at college you are considered an adult so therefore you need to provide your own. But some students bring their kindle, iPad or laptop with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're expected to bring your own; it's the same for all sixth forms and colleges. They have to provide notebooks up to GCSE because you have to be there; they have to provide you with materials. After that, you have chosen to be there, so you are expected to take the responsibility of getting your own stuff. You can bring in what you want really, as long as it's not outrageously silly like massive feather pens. :smile:
even at gcse i don't rememeber them giving me note pads or exercise books only in year 9 did i have mine.
Reply 5
Original post by Pectorac
You're expected to bring your own; it's the same for all sixth forms and colleges. They have to provide notebooks up to GCSE because you have to be there; they have to provide you with materials. After that, you have chosen to be there, so you are expected to take the responsibility of getting your own stuff. You can bring in what you want really, as long as it's not outrageously silly like massive feather pens. :smile:

You say that, but my sixth form gave me books for all my subjects, though that was maths and sciences, so they do help quote a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trouty97
You say that, but my sixth form gave me books for all my subjects, though that was maths and sciences, so they do help quote a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good for you. The vast majority of sixth forms make students buy their own textbooks and notebooks for maths and sciences. Maybe they'll hold your hand for you, but not many other places will.
(edited 9 years ago)
Some colleges and 6th forms work differently some say buy your own, some say it's common sense and others give to them to you or give you the links

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Pectorac
Good for you. The vast majority of sixth forms make students buy their own textbooks and notebooks for maths and sciences. Maybe they'll hold your hand for you, but not many other places will.

Well the. Their b*rstards aren't they.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Trouty97
Well the. Their b*rstards aren't they.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending