The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is an Arsenal thread, take your conversations about Titanic to a suitably awful thread. Perhaps the Spurs one?
T
Original post by Zürich
Thing is, Wenger is over loyal. Sometimes it pays like with Rambo, RVP etc but then you have Arteta, Almunia, Senderos situations. And Arteta is the model professional, and seems to really get on well with Wenger personally so it's one of those really.

Why has Wenger gone off Flamini anyway? Start of last season he was really dynamite but after Xmas AW just seemed to lose faith, or at least he refuses to drop Arteta for him. Flamini is a much much better prtner for Ramsey than MA.

I really hope Diaby somehow finds fitness, maybe Chamers can play DM?

Lol flamini is absolutely awful tell me one thing he excels at other than running round like a moron
Original post by baconbutty
Lol flamini is absolutely awful tell me one thing he excels at other than running round like a moron

At his best, he hounds opposition players and generally makes things difficult for them. Decent tackling and good tactical awareness etc.

He's not good enough to be a starter, but he's ahead of Arteta surely.
Original post by Zürich
At his best, he hounds opposition players and generally makes things difficult for them. Decent tackling and good tactical awareness etc.

He's not good enough to be a starter, but he's ahead of Arteta surely.

So he just runs around a bit a French lee cattermole?

His tackling isn't decent he picks up stupid cards every game

His tactical awareness is awful he's been dropped because of his unintelligent pressing and inability to understand how to block off a passing avenue by covering a certain space seen wenger losing his **** at flamini many times for this.

Lol@arsenal fans who believe some mystical DM exists that sits back and stops all counter attacks and breaks everything up. It's the ****ing system for **** sake. An upgrade on arteta is needed fair enough but I've even heard people want wanyama for **** sake

What top team in world football plays with this destroyer?
So he just runs around a bit a French lee cattermole?

His tackling isn't decent he picks up stupid cards every game

His tactical awareness is awful he's been dropped because of his unintelligent pressing and inability to understand how to block off a passing avenue by covering a certain space seen wenger losing his **** at flamini many times for this.

Lol@arsenal fans who believe some mystical DM exists that sits back and stops all counter attacks and breaks everything up. It's the ****ing system for **** sake. An upgrade on arteta is needed fair enough but I've even heard people want wanyama for **** sake

What top team in world football plays with this destroyer?

doesnt have to be a destroyer, just a disciplined and tactically aware CM who covers the space and can mix it up physically
Original post by Zürich
doesnt have to be a destroyer, just a disciplined and tactically aware CM who covers the space and can mix it up physically

Who is this player?

Was interesting to see fabregas hit the ground running as I predicted today. Was it you who said ozil was the better passer than him recently? Laughable assertion. Fully expect him to cement his place as the best CM in the league this season now he isn't being wasted at barca
Who is this player?

Was interesting to see fabregas hit the ground running as I predicted today. Was it you who said ozil was the better passer than him recently? Laughable assertion. Fully expect him to cement his place as the best CM in the league this season now he isn't being wasted at barca

You tell me who's available? Gilberto used to do it for us. Matic does it, Martinez does it, Schweinsteiger can do it etc etc

Burnley is nice, but Mesut Ozil's been busy winning the World Cup and that. :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
You tell me who's available? Gilberto used to do it for us. Matic does it, Martinez does it, Schweinsteiger can do it etc etc

Burnley is nice, but Mesut Ozil's been busy winning the World Cup and that. :laugh:

I don't know who's available who's better than arteta in that role

Unfortunately I dont give a ****ing **** about Germany so I don't care what ozil does there I want him to do something in the premier league and
I waited 40+ games for ozil to have a performance on that level and fabregas has provided one on his first game back
Butty is dropping some truth bombs.

Saying that I still think Ozil was a quality, worthwhile signing purely cos of the statement it sent out. Performance wise yeah he hasn't done too much, I can't even recall him touching the ball at Villa Park.
I don't know who's available who's better than arteta in that role

Unfortunately I dont give a ****ing **** about Germany so I don't care what ozil does there I want him to do something in the premier league and
I waited 40+ games for ozil to have a performance on that level and fabregas has provided one on his first game back

Cesc was on one against Burnley. You just know Mourinho has given him some cynical pep talk and complex. He will have a Robin type of performance against us, I guarantee it. But hey, he appears to have the fire in him, Ozil... disappears. Then again, I have never really regarded Cesc as a big game player either so I guess that kind of numbs the pain.

Ozil basically has to prove he is worth that few more million than Cesc, it is a bloody tough task.
Not to take the shine off Fabregas's performance, but Burnley were shockingly bad.
Team for tonight?

- feeling that an extra game at this stage of the season could be a good thing.. Looking at the first game, most teams were not fully settled, and looked nervous (arsenal/city/liverpool) so having an extra game to settle down and get up to speed, before a tricky everton match, seems positive.
Ngl I miss Fabregas. Just pray he doesn't get booed (For whatever stupid reason) when he comes to the Emirates.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Nah mate, he's just keeping her warm for me. :colone:

Original post by barneystin

you watching titanic tonight brah?

Original post by Deshi

Spoiler

Original post by jam278

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Tom_Ford
Chelsea look like they can really anally penetrate us against our will this season. I.e. We look like we're in for another raping. They look very clinical and mentally tough. Honestly don't think we have the quality to match them unless we bring at least a striker and a CDM.

It was a good performance, but in reality we just upped the tempo for 20/30 mins then slowed down the play. Problem with Chelsea is that we don't have enough quality backups in the side to carry on this aesthetically pleasing football. Our subs are going to be Mikel, Ramires and Van Ginkel. Only Van Ginkel can really help this philosophy, but he will struggle to get games. Mikel and Ramires leads to last season problems, it's just the Mourinho likes to have clear backups and they work hard.

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
this basically, some sexy play/goals but burnley will finish bottom of the table anyway.

Burnley will survive, their first game against Chelsea who had strengthened majority of their squad(Bar RW which we need to improve) when they weren't used to the prem.

Original post by AR_95
Some one who sees my point

I guarantee that Burnley will survive.

They didn't do too badly, they just encountered a better team and were blown away when we upped the tempo. There will be more of the same from the Chelsea behemoth.
Original post by AR_95

There was a reason why we led the league last season for so long and that was because of our fixture list. Essentially we won the games we were meant to win and lost the ones which were acceptable bar a few hiccups (which happened to every team).
To be considered actual title contenders we need to have a squad strong enough to be able to grab more points off our rivals.
Sanchez is a good upgrade but I don't see us improving our big game record from last season bar gaining 4 extra points from UTD and Everton.
Chelsea will most likely storm the league this year and the same to be said with City if Aguero managed to stay fit. Even if he didn't they have Dzeko, Jovetic and Ngredo where as we'd fall on Sanogo (I don't count Sanchez and Theo as strikers as of yet).

I agree with the fixture list. Said similar last season.

I think you will get better results vs the big teams this season. Surely you won't lose to United away...
Chelsea will struggle to storm the league this year. I think the real contenders are Liverpool and City. If Chelsea can get 3 more signings then possibly... 1 RW, a WC CM as rotation and a backup striker better than Drogba.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278

Burnley will survive, their first game against Chelsea who had strengthened majority of their squad(Bar RW which we need to improve) when they weren't used to the prem.

They didn't do too badly, they just encountered a better team and were blown away when we upped the tempo. There will be more of the same from the Chelsea behemoth.

First game of the season syndrome imo, fans and players were hyped about new league and they played with a lot of confidence tbf but when they rack up a streak of losses I think they'll find it really hard to come back.
Original post by jam278

I hope so because I quite like Sean dyche but I can't see it happening because apart from ings and trippier, who else do they have who have the quality to help them survive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest