The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prinz655
I hope so because I quite like Sean dyche but I can't see it happening because apart from ings and trippier, who else do they have who have the quality to help them survive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Palace are the closest comparison to Burnley. I think that keeping their championship players and how they have a very good defensive record in the championship may mean that they'll look to steal points off big teams. They'll be harder than people think.

Nobody will play the tempo that Chelsea played in the first half for the whole game, very few teams in the league(bar City and Liverpool) have that ability to play such fast football and that's what I think will blow away burnley. It's also why Chelsea played a lot of weak teams in pre-season. So they can know how to play defensive teams which was the problem last season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278

Spoiler

My inner white knight ways are coming out bro, it's too late for me now. I just want to give girls flowers now and worship them like the goddesses they are.
Difference between Palace and Burnley is that Palace are pretty much set up to nick a goal and then defend extremely deep and have been doing so in the league effectively for a while, I can't see them losing that even with Pulis gone unless somebody comes in and reinvents the wheel (which would be foolish). Burnley won't have anything like the defensive organisation to pull that off (Pulis was pretty much the master at that, and although Dyche is clearly a competent manager this is a step up for him) and I'd say their squad is weaker than Palace's as well. They'll need a miracle to be honest, they don't have much money and have come into the league at a time when even the lesser teams can spend a fair amount. I can't say with confidence they are stronger than one team in the league let alone 3. Their only chance is to make Turf Moor a fortress, it's been a tough place to play in the past. Can see them putting up some initial resistance but falling away towards the end of the season.
Eduardo Vargas is going to QPR. Thank God 🙏🙏.!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BenAssirati
This is an Arsenal thread, take your conversations about Titanic to a suitably awful thread. Perhaps the Spurs one?

Anyway I'll stop now :frown:

Odds on Demba Ba scoring tonight?
Original post by Deshi

Anyway I'll stop now :frown:

Odds on Demba Ba scoring tonight?

Probably very high, although I reckon he is the only one that can. Either 3-0 or 3-1 with Ba scoring. Lets hope we can see Campbell now that Sanogo picked up an injury.
Lmao Ben Ass is part of the TSR Editorial team

:rofl:
Original post by Tom_Ford
Cesc was on one against Burnley. You just know Mourinho has given him some cynical pep talk and complex. He will have a Robin type of performance against us, I guarantee it. But hey, he appears to have the fire in him, Ozil... disappears. Then again, I have never really regarded Cesc as a big game player either so I guess that kind of numbs the pain.

Ozil basically has to prove he is worth that few more million than Cesc, it is a bloody tough task.

Ozil will never be as good as Cesc in the prem tbh but he's better in la liga. Cesc picked up where he left off at arsenal and he'll be back to the level he was before he left where he was regarded as probs the best midfielder in the prem. He suits the league perfectly with his direct style
Original post by jam278
Palace are the closest comparison to Burnley. I think that keeping their championship players and how they have a very good defensive record in the championship may mean that they'll look to steal points off big teams. They'll be harder than people think.

Nobody will play the tempo that Chelsea played in the first half for the whole game, very few teams in the league(bar City and Liverpool) have that ability to play such fast football and that's what I think will blow away burnley. It's also why Chelsea played a lot of weak teams in pre-season. So they can know how to play defensive teams which was the problem last season.

This is what frustrates me why didn't we sign fabregas when he's a player who completely dictates the tempo of a game. He's such a massive upgrade on arteta in that respect.

Nobody in our team can control a game like that and it's why we never show any consistency in our style. Ramsey fair enough he gets a lot of goals and assists but he doesn't have as much affect on a game like fabregas

In. 2010/11 which was cescs worst season we had 64% win rate with him and 39% without and for 27m he was a bargain
Original post by baconbutty
This is what frustrates me why didn't we sign fabregas when he's a player who completely dictates the tempo of a game. He's such a massive upgrade on arteta in that respect.

Nobody in our team can control a game like that and it's why we never show any consistency in our style. Ramsey fair enough he gets a lot of goals and assists but he doesn't have as much affect on a game like fabregas

In. 2010/11 which was cescs worst season we had 64% win rate with him and 39% without and for 27m he was a bargain

The fact we're using a player like Sanogo shows me all I need to see regarding our title ambitions this year. It is a total pisstake.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ngl I miss Fabregas. Just pray he doesn't get booed (For whatever stupid reason) when he comes to the Emirates.

He will be absolutely slaughtered for the entire match. Hope he gets emotional over that.
Original post by Zürich
He will be absolutely slaughtered for the entire match. Hope he gets emotional over that.

I bet he'll play a blinder against you as well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will fab celebrate when he scores vs arsenal?

Taking bets now
Original post by jam278

Taking bets now

Nope he won't.
Original post by Zürich

Thing is though, why should he be slaughtered? We don't OWN him. Yes he said that he'll never play for another English club but us but the guy has a living to make as well nah? We had the option to take him back but Wenger chose not to, not his fault. So again, hope he doesn't get booed when he comes to the Emirates. He's a good guy, shame he went to Chelsea that's all.

Original post by jam278

Taking bets now

I hope not. Don't think he will. But hey ho who knows.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278

Taking bets now

Nah he will after a couple of seasons when he realises how pathetic the fan base is and he and his family get death threats on twitter tho
Original post by Endless Blue
I bet he'll play a blinder against you as well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure. He genuinely would wish to be playing Arsenal red but ended up with the chavs so he'll have to suppress alot of emotion. The likes of RVP couldnt have cared less on the return but Fabregas probably does.

Dream situation would be Aaron Ramsey scoring some wundergoal, celebrating with Wenger and then revealing a t-shirt that says ''This is how it feels to be Arsenal, how does it feel to be chav?'' as Jack Wilshere does the Martin Keown vs RVN on Cesc. Mesut Ozil just watches.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Thing is though, why should he be slaughtered? We don't OWN him. Yes he said that he'll never play for another English club but us but the guy has a living to make as well nah? We had the option to take him back but Wenger chose not to, not his fault. So again, hope he doesn't get booed when he comes to the Emirates. He's a good guy, shame he went to Chelsea that's all.

I hope not. Don't think he will. But hey ho who knows.

Been through it all before, but Arsenal men dont play for the chavs. Someone who considers Wenger a father doesnt play for Mourinho. Fair enough if he looked out for himself, but he knew that he's get slaughtered. Check out his pitiful ''Still love Arsenal'' statements :laugh:

Nah he will after a couple of seasons when he realises how pathetic the fan base is and he and his family get death threats on twitter tho

I'm sure after a few years Cesc will come to love the charismatic and generally decent bunch of humans down at the Bridge tbf
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I'm not sure. He genuinely would wish to be playing Arsenal red but ended up with the chavs so he'll have to suppress alot of emotion. The likes of RVP couldnt have cared less on the return but Fabregas probably does.

Dream situation would be Aaron Ramsey scoring some wundergoal, celebrating with Wenger and then revealing a t-shirt that says ''This is how it feels to be Arsenal, how does it feel to be chav?'' as Jack Wilshere does the Martin Keown vs RVN on Cesc. Mesut Ozil just watches.

""Even after winning the World Cup Mesut Ozil remains very calm" Wenger.

Good point. I don't think he'll celebrate as of yet.
Original post by Zürich

Been through it all before, but Arsenal men dont play for the chavs. Someone who considers Wenger a father doesnt play for Mourinho. Fair enough if he looked out for himself, but he knew that he's get slaughtered. Check out his pitiful ''Still love Arsenal'' statements :laugh:

We're not going to come to an agreement Zurich :lol:
Let's leave it as that. Do you want him to get slaughtered when he comes?? Hmmm?