The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by the greatest
Sounds intense lol I'm still not sure wbu? have u heard back from warwick regarding accomodation yet?

Not as intense as a PhD :wink:

Nope, not yet...we might hear from them next week... hopefully....Otherwise, I'll just call them everyday ahah I just need to know if I can book my fligh on the 20th of September or not!!
Did you apply for on-campus accommodation? Which ones?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Takius
Not as intense as a PhD :wink:

Nope, not yet...we might hear from them next week... hopefully....Otherwise, I'll just call them everyday ahah I just need to know if I can book my fligh on the 20th of September or not!!
Did you apply for on-campus accommodation? Which ones?

ahaha maybe yeah , ah ull b fine, especially if you are a non uk student, think they get first preference, yes I applied for on campus and off but first choice was on at lakeside and heronbank, wbu?
Reply 62
I'm not sure, only international students have priority on-campus... European/UK students are considered after international students for on-campus accommodation. Anyway, it's already mid-August and we're still waiting to hear from them. It's so annoying...
I chose Tocil as my first preference, then Claycroft, Heronbank and Lakeside! But I really hope I'll get into Tocil.
Original post by Takius
I'm not sure, only international students have priority on-campus... European/UK students are considered after international students for on-campus accommodation. Anyway, it's already mid-August and we're still waiting to hear from them. It's so annoying...
I chose Tocil as my first preference, then Claycroft, Heronbank and Lakeside! But I really hope I'll get into Tocil.

I have also applied for heronbank and lakeside as on campus preference. I hope they will let us know before september so I can arrange my flight as quick as possible, hear us Warwick! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I called them yesterday. They told me we have to wait and we might hear from them either in late Auguste (wtf?! we already are in late August) or early September. I don't understand what is taking them so much time :frown:
Original post by Takius
I called them yesterday. They told me we have to wait and we might hear from them either in late Auguste (wtf?! we already are in late August) or early September. I don't understand what is taking them so much time :frown:

I hope you get an offer soon, I know what its like to wait for uni accommodation.

that being said i got an offer today from warwick for lakeside, though it was my 2th choice, but still happy, I'm sure you will get yours very soon though
I hope you get an offer soon, I know what its like to wait for uni accommodation.

that being said i got an offer today from warwick for lakeside, though it was my 2th choice, but still happy, I'm sure you will get yours very soon though

I guess they're prioritising PhD students over MA - makes sense! Guessing Heronbank was your first choice?
Reply 67

Hopefully. I'm worried because I hear that they didn't have enough place last year for all PG students.

And maybe they are sending offers in alphabetical order... if it's the case I'll have to wait until the end since my family name starts with a T... Tough life :frown:
Original post by bulbokov
I guess they're prioritising PhD students over MA - makes sense! Guessing Heronbank was your first choice?

yup exactly, though I've heard there is minimal difference really between them

Bit considered after reading reviews on TSR regarding different accomodations on campus as lakeside getting quite a bad rep, but hopefully all the reasons were for 1st years as opposed to PG's
Original post by Takius
Hopefully. I'm worried because I hear that they didn't have enough place last year for all PG students.

And maybe they are sending offers in alphabetical order... if it's the case I'll have to wait until the end since my family name starts with a T... Tough life :frown:

I'm sure you'll be fine and I know people who confirmed to me 2 years ago they didnt do the alphabet system for PG applications, so should b the same for this year.

What choices have you made for off campus?

tbh off campus has its benefits, I only vouched for on campus due to convenience and laziness to fly to Coventry to find a flat, the price of lakeside is ridiculous!!!
Reply 70
I'm sure you'll be fine and I know people who confirmed to me 2 years ago they didnt do the alphabet system for PG applications, so should b the same for this year.

What choices have you made for off campus?

tbh off campus has its benefits, I only vouched for on campus due to convenience and laziness to fly to Coventry to find a flat, the price of lakeside is ridiculous!!!

Ahah we'll see. But there is no way I end up in Coventry... I didn't even put Coventry as a choice. I had a terrible experience two years ago in Cov and I finally moved on campus.

Anyway, I'm still praying to be in Tocil. Maybe I'll have an answer by the end of this week.

I'll let you know!! And congratz for Lakeside! You'll like it! :tongue:
Original post by Takius
Ahah we'll see. But there is no way I end up in Coventry... I didn't even put Coventry as a choice. I had a terrible experience two years ago in Cov and I finally moved on campus.

Anyway, I'm still praying to be in Tocil. Maybe I'll have an answer by the end of this week.

I'll let you know!! And congratz for Lakeside! You'll like it! :tongue:

thanks and fingers crossed again for ur on campus offer :smile:
I am a PG student also. I'm not sure if I could live in campus as there are no privacy at all there .
I am struggling now with finding the appropriate flat myself.
Am an international student
Reply 73
Original post by Najah2014
I am a PG student also. I'm not sure if I could live in campus as there are no privacy at all there .I am struggling now with finding the appropriate flat myself. Am an international student
Hey Najah! If you are worried of privacy on campus I can tell you that it's not that bad. It can be even better than off-campus accommodation. In on-campus you'll be able to lock your room and this might not be possible in off-campus accommodation, especially in small properties. If you're worried about the shared bathroom, only very few off-campus accommodation have en-suite bathroom and you might have to share your bathroom with your other housemates. Most of the on-campus PG are ensuite and if you have to share your bathroom (like in Tocil and Claycroft) it will only be with 2 to 4 people max.So trust me, privacy on campus isn't a real issue.Have you already applied? Some of my friends and I are still waiting for an offer from Warwick accommodation... it's really annoying to have to wait that long.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Takius
Hey Najah! If you are worried of privacy on campus I can tell you that it's not that bad. It can be even better than off-campus accommodation. In on-campus you'll be able to lock your room and this might not be possible in off-campus accommodation, especially in small properties. If you're worried about the shared bathroom, only very few off-campus accommodation have en-suite bathroom and you might have to share your bathroom with your other housemates. Most of the on-campus PG are ensuite and if you have to share your bathroom (like in Tocil and Claycroft) it will only be with 2 to 4 people max.So trust me, privacy on campus isn't a real issue.Have you already applied? Some of my friends and I are still waiting for an offer from Warwick accommodation... it's really annoying to have to wait that long.

That is really nice !
and what about the single sex areas, I have asked them and they just keep telling me that they could never guarantee that.
I have not applied yet as was thinking about these things :/

Hop you receive a convenience accommodation offer soon
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Najah2014
That is really nice !
and what about the single sex areas, I have asked them and they just keep telling me that they could never guarantee that.
I have not applied yet as was thinking about these things :/

Hop you receive a convenience accommodation offer soon

I know they do have some single-sex flats and I think you might be able to get a room in a single-sex area. However, as they said, it's not guaranteed. You should apply, the deadline was on the 31st of July, so it might be to late to get an on-campus accommodation but they might have some off-campus accommodation left.

You can also try the SU forum. There is a thread for people looking for accommodation. You can also try on the PG community on FB, some people are sometimes looking for another flatmate etc...

Yes, I hope so ! I'm just tired of waiting. I think it's a shame because Uni starts in one month (or less) and a lot of us do not know where we're gonna live and we paid £250 application fees to wait this long, it's a joke.
Reply 76
Original post by jeodonye
Hey! My name is Jacintha, hopefully starting in Septmeber this year. I'll be studying Int. Development in PAIS. :smile:

Hi Jacintha! I'm Uzair, will (hopefully) be at Warwick in September - studying International Development too! What a coincidence :smile: Nice to meet you!
hey when are you guys all arriving at Warwick?
Reply 78
hey when are you guys all arriving at Warwick?

On the 23rd... I would have preferred on the 20th but since I don't know yet if I'll have a room on-campus! What about you?
Are u finally attending the Orientation week?!
Original post by Takius
On the 23rd... I would have preferred on the 20th but since I don't know yet if I'll have a room on-campus! What about you?
Are u finally attending the Orientation week?!

oh that most likely the same day as me, I don't think I will tbh as I know the area well and also being from the UK. It's alot of money which is better suited for people coming to study in the UK for their first time, so I'm still undecided, might hop along some events if i don't attend it though.

Also thinking if coming on the 23/24th is a bit too late given most people settle in quickly and will know people by then : S

Quick Reply

Latest